My Cousin made this dish and posted a picture on her FB page couple of days ago, it was my grandma's recipe and my aunt's favorite she said. I have no recollection of this as grandma's but another dish with fermented toucu and tofu, which I intended to make and post soon.
Thanks to my cousin for her sharing and the recipe, it has been really cold and snowy lately in NJ, recreating this spicy dish as lunch not only warm up the body, it also reminds me of my jovial and happy go lucky grandma. I hope that she is all well up there wherever she is now, and hope that one day we will meet again .......
100 克 瘦肉/里脊肉 （切条状）用一点点的盐和胡椒粉腌十分钟
1 只 100 克左右 的土豆
1/2 只 中型洋葱
100 gm of lean pork（cut into strips）Marinate with a little salt、turmeric and pepper powder
1 potato around 100 gm in weight
1/2 medium size onion
A little salt
A little salt
A little sugar
2. 热上1/2 杯油，把土豆炸熟，带点金黄色即可。
3. 锅里留下一大匙的油，把洋葱炒散，加入肉条翻炒变色，然后加入辣椒酱继续翻炒，间中可以加入1-2 大匙的水稍微焖焖，只要肉条熟了就行了。然后加入土豆翻匀，加入盐调味。如果用的是Sriracha或其他辣椒酱，加入一点醋，一点糖和一点盐调味。
1. Peel potato and cut into 1 cm thick sticks,
2. Heat up 1/2 cup of cooking oil and deep fried potato sticks until crunchy. Dish out and drips oil. Make sure the potato sticks are dry before deep frying to prevent them sticking together.
3. Leave 1 tbsp of oil in the wok/cookware, stir in onion and meat, continue cooking until the meat changes color. Add the sambal/chili paste and about 2 tbsp of water,continue cooking for few minutes.
4. Add potato and season with salt. If Sriracha chili sauce is being used, season with sugar, salt and vinegar.