冬至快乐！【金鱼汤圆】Gold Fish Tang Yuan(2017-12-23 06:32:37)
It is winter
Solstice today, so is the time to eat some Glutinous Rice Balls. I
have a Japanese Kabocha pumpkin at home, so I made these cute
little gold fish Tang Yuan for my son
100克 左右的 南瓜
一点点的活性碳粉 或 黑色食用色素
100-150 g of Glutinous rice flour
1/2 tsp of
A little bit of activated charcoal powder or black food coloring
1. Remove seeds and skin of Kobucha, cut into big pieces and steamed for 15 minutes until tender.
2. Mash the Kobucha while it is hot, add the sugar. Add enough glutinous rice flour to make a soft dough, the dough will be hot, use a spatula to help or wear disposable gloves if you may.
3. Meanwhile, make another white color dough using a little warm water, take out a small piece and add some activated charcoal powder to make a small black dough.
7. 另取两份小小的白色面团，压扁一点，再放上搓成小圆点的黑色面团。 放在鱼头两边做鱼眼睛。
4. Take a small portion of white dough and a small portion of yellow dough and roll them into long strips，combine the two to make a small tiny log.
5. Pinch the middle of the log using your fingers to make the "waist" of the fish. The remaining pictures of the making instruction were fishes without a waist, so please use your imagination. :)
one end of the dough to make tail/fins, with the help of scissors,
cut out two tiny pieces, then making the fins impressions by
pressing toothpick into the flattened
7. Make two
tiny white dots using white dough and even tinier black dots using
the black dough.
8. To make the eyes, press the white dots onto both sides of the fish head followed by the black dots onto the white. If the dots are not sticking together, you can smear a little water on it to help sticking. Repeat the steps to make as many fishes as you wish.
9. Cook the gold fish Tang Yuan in rolling boil water until they floats onto the surface (which means it is cooked). Serve with gingery sugar syrup.