标签:
学习公社文化校园职场生活 |
I make port time reductions all day. 我整天都在和波尔图葡萄酒打交道
I’m not exactly in the Peace Corps. 我并不是真的在美国和平队
I wouldn’t care if you were out there pole dancing all night…
我不在乎你整晚都在那里跳舞
As long as you did it with a little integrity(正直,诚实,完整)
只要你有一点点诚实
You used to make fun of Runway girls. 你曾经取笑你在时尚舞台的同事
Just own up(坦白, 爽快承认)to it. 你承认吧
And then we can stop pretending like we have anything in common anymore.
然后我们可以停止假装我们还有什么共同点
You don’t mean that, do you? 你不是说真的吧
Maybe this trip is coming at a good time. 或许这次履行来的正是时候
Maybe we should take a break. 或许我们该喘口气了
In case you were wondering… 万一你想知道的话
The person whose calls you always take, that’s the relationship you’re in.
你最常接到的电话应该是那个和你谈恋爱的人的
I hope you two are very happy together. 我希望你们两个能幸福
Pardon. Miranda. 什么,米兰达
Miranda. Fashion’s great gatekeepers. 米兰达对时尚有着敏锐的观察
What is Runway’s position on French fashion versus American fashion?
时尚舞台在法国时尚界和美国时尚界的定位各是什么
You still owe me for Harry Potter. 你还欠我哈利波特手稿的那个人情呢
Don’t tell me. The boyfriend non plus? 别告诉我,你男朋友不要你了
What time should I pick you up? 我什么时候去接你
There you are. 你来了
We need to go over the seating, chart(制图,制定计划) for the luncheon.
我们需要检查一下作为,为了午宴
I have it right here. 我带来了
By all
means(尽一切办法,
一定),move at a
glacial(冰河的) pace. You know how that
thrills(使毛骨悚然, 使激动;
刺激)me.
But your table’s full. 但你那桌已经满了
So I don’t need to fetch Stephen from the airport tomorrow? 那我明天不需要去机场接斯蒂芬了
If you speak to him and he decides to rethink the divorce…
如果你跟他说,他会重新考虑是否离婚的话
Then, yes, fetch away. 那就去接他吧
You’re very fetching(动人的, 吸引人的, 迷人的), so go fetch. 你很迷人,所以去接人吧
To see what she can do to minimize(最小化) the press… 看她有什么作为能把报道减到最少
Splashed(溅, 泼, 溅湿) across page six. 被大肆宣扬
I can just imagine what they’re gonna write about me. 我能想到他们会写我什么
The dragon lady, career-obsessed. 女强人,工作狂
Snow Queen drives away another Mr. Priestly. 冷傲女王抛弃了另一位普莱斯利先生
Rupert should cut me a check.. 鲁帕特应该感谢我
For all the papers I sell for him. 我帮他卖掉多少报纸
I don’t really care what anybody writes about me. 我不在乎别人怎么写我
Because she’s barely speaking to anyone. 因为她几乎不跟别人说话
If you want me to cancel your evening, I can. 如果你想我取消你的晚宴,我可以去做
Don’t be ridiculous. Why would we do that? 别傻了,为什么要
I need Miranda’s itinerary for tomorrow. 我需要米兰达明天的行程
Who put that together for you? 谁给你配的这一身?
It’s just something I threw on(匆匆穿上). 只是我自己随便穿的
It’s just gorgeous. 太漂亮了
I think that my work here is done. 我觉得我没什么可做的了
What are we toasting? 为什么而干杯呢
He is investing in James’s company and taking it global. 投资了杰姆斯的公司,并准备全球发展
Fragrances. 香水
She put me up for it. 是她给我引见的
This is the first time in 18 years I’m going to be able to call the shots(定调子, 操纵) in my life.
这是我18年来第一次可以自己做点尝试
Cheers to you. 敬你
There are things Miranda does that I don’t agree with. 有些米兰达做的事我不认同
She’s a notorious(臭名远扬的, 声名狼藉的) sadist(虐待狂). 她是个臭名昭著的虐待狂
And not in a good way. 而且手段恶毒
She’s tough. 她确实很强硬
If Miranda were a man, no one would notice anything about her, except how great she is at her job.
如果米兰达是男人,除了她的工作有多出色之外,别的事情没有人会注意的
You’re defending her? 你维护她?
The wide-eyed(睁大眼睛的, 吃惊的, 天真的) girl peddling(叫卖, 散播) her earnest(认真的, 热心的) newspaper stories? 天真的小姑娘在兜售她所热爱的报纸上的故事?
You are crossing over to the dark side. 你已经跨入了黑暗的领域
I resent that. 我讨厌那样
I know the city like the back of my hand. 我对这座城市了如指掌
I work freelance. I have a lot of free time on my hands. 我是自由作家,我有大把的时间
Nate and just split up(分裂) a couple days ago. 内特和我刚刚闹翻
I’ve had too much wine. 我喝多了
My hearing, vision, judgment’s impaired(削弱). 我的听觉,视觉,判断力都离我而去了
I barely know you. 我几乎不认识你
I am out of excuse. 我没有借口了
Banjour, madame. 早上好,女士
They are replacing Miranda? 他们要换掉米兰达
She’s bringing me in to run all the editorial content. 她让我负责所有主笔的内容
She has a fresher take on things. 她有更新鲜的点子