标签:
学习公社文化职场校园生活 |
Pick up the Polaroids(人造偏光板) from the lingerie(妇女贴身内衣) shoot.
把内衣展的快照都拿来
Have the brakes checked on my car. 检查一下我的车的刹车
The girls need new surfboards or boogie boards or something for spring break.
女儿们要新的冲浪板,或者划浪板,或者春休的时候能用上的东西
The twins also need flip-flops. 双胞胎还要人字拖
Get me that little table that I liked at that store on Madison.
给我把麦迪逊街上那家店看中的桌子买回来
Get us a reservation for dinner tonight at that place that got the good review.
订好在那家风景很好餐厅今晚的晚餐位置
Thirty-six thank-you notes delivered today.
36份感谢信今天寄出
Where is everyone? 大家都在哪
At least Miranda will be in Miami, so we don’t have to be on the call this weekend.
至少米兰达会在迈阿密,这个周末不会接到电话了
You doing anything fun this weekend? 你这个周末有什么好安排
I don’t want you to get behind(落后) on your rent. 我不想你迟付房租
It’s really good to see you. 真高兴见到你
You want to start grilling(烧,烤,严加考问) me now.. 那你是想现在就教导我呢
Or should we wait till after dinner? 还是等到吃好以后呢
I thought I’d let you at least enjoy the breadbasket(俚,胃,腹) first.
我想至少要等到你吃完面包之后
Go right ahead. 直接来吧
We’re just a little worried, honey. 我们只是有点担心
We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m. 我们凌晨2点接到你在办公室发的邮件
Your pay is terrible. You don’t get to write anything. 你的薪水少的可怜,又轮不到你写任何东西
Hey, that’s not fair. 这么说不公平
I’m just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford Law…
我只是试图理解,为什么有机会去斯坦福法学院的人
Turn it down to be a journalist, and now you’re not even doing that.
放弃上学而去当记者,现在连那个也不做了
Dad, you have to trust me. 你得相信我
Being Miranda’s assistant opens a lot of doors. 做米兰达的助理能打开很多门
She’s gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.
她将有机会见到所有重要杂志的编辑和写手
And in a year, that could be me. 一年以后,我就有机会了
I have to take this. 我得接电话
My flight has been canceled. 我的航班取消了
It’s some absurd weather problem. 因为什么荒唐的天气原因
Absolutely. Let me see what I can do. 当然,我来看看能做什么
I know this is totally last minute(最后一刻,紧急关头)… 我知道时间很紧
But I was hoping that you could maybe get a flight for my boss…
但是我希望你能不能帮我的老板订个飞机
From Miami to New York tonight? 今晚从迈阿密到纽约
Any kind of jet. 任何飞机都可以
I know there’s a hurricane. 我知道有龙卷风
Nothing is flying out. 什么航班都没有
Someone must be getting out. 肯定有人出去的
Get me home. 把我接回家
What does she want you to do, call the National Guard and have her airlifted(空运) out of there?
她想要你做什么,打电话给国民卫队送她回来
The girls’s recital was absolutely wonderful. 姑娘们的朗诵很精彩
But so often, they turn out to be disappointing … 但是,他们经常表现出令人失望
So you ,with that impressive resume… 你有着良好的履历
And the big speech about your so-called work ethic..还有你那动人的所谓工作热情的演讲
Take a chance. 冒个险
I live on hope. 我靠希望过日子的
You ended up disappointing me more than any of the other silly girls.
I really did everything I could think of. 我真的尽了全力
I don’t know what else I can do because if I do something right, It’s unacknowledged.
我不知道自己该做什么,因为如果我做对了,得不到承认
She doesn’t even say thank you. 她从来连一句谢谢都没有
But if I do something wrong, she is vicious(恶意的,刻毒的,过分严厉的).
但如果我做错了一点点,她就大发雷霆
So quit. 那就辞职吧
I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes… one who really wants it.
我能在5分钟找个姑娘来代替你,真正想做这个的
I’m just saying that I would just like a little credit(信任,信用,声誉).
我只是说我想要一点点鼓励
For the fact that I’m killing myself trying. 至少我尽力了
Andy, be serious. 安迪,凭良心说
You are not trying .你根本没有尽力
You’re whining(抱怨,牢骚). 你在诉苦
What is it that you want me to say to you, 你想我根你说什么
Do you want me to say, “poor you, Miranda’s picking on (作弄,总是挑剔)you.”
想我说,可怜的孩子,米兰达尽挑你的刺
Don’t you know that you are working at the place… 你难道不知道你现在工作的地方
That published some of the greatest artists of the century? 是出版本世纪最伟大的艺术家的地方吗
Because you live your life in it. 因为你们生活在其中
This is a shining beacon(烟火,灯塔) of hope for
这是希望的灯塔
Let’s say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers…
假设有个年轻人在罗德岛跟着6个兄弟长大
Pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing class..
假装去参加橄榄球训练,实际上去上缝纫课
And reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight.
半夜打着手电在被窝里看时尚舞台