标签:
学习公社文化职场生活校园 |
You are chained(被链锁住的) to that desk. 你就要守在桌子边
One time an assistant left the desk because she sliced(切片,薄片) her hand open with a letter opener…
有一次有个助理因为手被裁纸刀划破而离开了座位
And Miranda missed Lagerfeld… 导致米兰达错过了拉格菲尔德
Just before he boarded a 17-hour flight to Australia. 在他坐17个小时的飞机去澳洲的采访机会
She now works at TV Guide. 她现在在电视报工作
Man(在..就位,操纵) the desk at all times .got it. 永远要看好桌子。明白
She’ not available. 她不在
I will tell her you called. Yet again.
我会告诉她您打电话来了,又来了
You and I have totally different jobs. 你和我做的是完全不同的工作
I mean, you get coffee… and you run errands (差事,使命). 你买咖啡,你跑腿
Yet I am in charge of her schedule… 而我负责她的行程
Her appointments and her expenses. 她的约会和支出
I get to go with her to Paris for Fashion Week in the fall. 我秋季会根她去巴黎参加时装周
I get to wear couture(时装设计(师)或其服装店). I go to all the shows and all the parties.
我能穿到设计师服装,能去参加所有的秀和聚会
I meet all of the designers. It’s divine(口语,好透了的,神圣的).
我会见所哟的设计师,太爽了
Stay here. I’m going to the art department to give them the Book.
待在这里,我要去艺术部把书给他们
Now, It is a mock-up(实验或教学用的实物模型,伪装工事) of everything…
这是本期所有的内容
In the current issue. 的清样
And we deliver it to Miranda’s apartment every night, and she return…
我们每晚都要送到米兰达的住所,而她还的时候
Don’t touch it. She returns it to us in the morning with her notes.
别碰,她会加上注解后每天早上还给我们
Now, the second assistant is supposed to do this.. 作为第二助理你还不能做这些
But Miranda is very private and she does not like strangers in her house.
但是米兰达非常的注意隐私,不喜欢陌生人去她家
So until she decides that you are not a total psycho…
所以在她决定你不是个完全的神经病之前
I get the lovely task of waiting around(呆呆的等,空等) for the Book.
我每天都要等着那本书的印出
Deal with it. 来应付吧
She is in a meeting. Can I please take a message? 她现在在开会,能留个言吗
I guess not. 看来不能
I guessed an eight and a half. 我猜是8号半
But I don’t think I need these. 但我想我不需要这个
Miranda hired me. She knows what I look like. 米兰达雇的我,她知道我的样子
Emily?
She means you. 她是指你
We just cut on the bias(斜剪,斜裁,cut on 很快向前走,赶路). That’s not what I asked you.
我们说的是偏爱。那不是我问你的问题
I couldn’t have been clearer. There you are. Emily.
我已经说的仔细的不能再仔细了。你来了,艾米丽
How many times do I have to scream your name? – actually, it’s Andy.
要我多少次叫你的名字. 事实上,我叫安迪
I need 10 or 15 skirts from Calvin Klein.
我需要10到15件卡尔文的裙子
What kind of skirts do you… 什么样的裙子
Please bore(使烦扰,钻孔,令人讨厌的人) someone else with your questions.
你去问别人那些无聊的问题
And make sure we have Pier 59 at 8 a.m. tomorrow. 还有,要确保明天8点之前拿到皮耶59号
Remind Jocelyn I need to see a few of those satchels(书包,小背包) that Marc is doing in the pony(小马). 提醒乔瑟琳我需要看一些马克在摘要里提的背包
And then tell Simone I’ll take Jackie if Maggie isn’t available.
然后告诉西蒙尼,我要杰琪,如果麦琪不能来的话
Get him on the phone. 打电话找他
It’s just the cavalier(骑士) disregard(漠视,忽视) for clear directions…
只是骑士的漠视
Do you have Demarchelier? 你找迪马士了吗
Leave it. 我来吧
I have Miranda Priestly calling. 这里是米兰达的办公室
I have Patrick! 我找到帕特里克了
She called me in there and then she asked me about Pier 59.
她叫我进去,然后根我说了皮耶59号什么的
Did she say what kind? Color, shape, fabric? – I tried to ask her.
她说什么款式了吗,颜色,大小,面料? 我想问她
You may never ask Miranda anything. 你可不能问米兰达任何事情
Right. I will deal with all of this, and you will go to Calvin Klen. 我去处理这些事,你去找卡尔文
Do you have some prior(优先的,在前的) commitment(义务)? 你还有什么高级的任务
Some hideous(丑恶的,可怕的,讨厌的) skirt convention you have to go to?
你要去参加什么难看的裙子大会
Are you there? – I’m about to walk in. I’ll call you as soon as..
你到了吗,我正要进去,我会尽快给你打电话
While you’re out, Miranda needs you to go to Hermes to pick up 25 scarves we ordered for her.
米兰达要你去赫姆斯取我们给她订的25个丝巾
Cassidy forgot her homework at Dalton. Pick that up. 凯蒂把她的作业落在道而顿了,去拿回来
Miranda went out to meet with Meisel, and she will want more Star bucks when she gets back.
米兰达出去会见米塞了,回来以后她想有更多的星巴克咖啡
What took you so long? I have to pee! 你怎么这么久,我要去厕所
What? You haven’t peed since I left? 什么,我离开之后你一直没去吗
I’ve been manning the desk, haven’t I ? I’m bursting(爆炸,爆发). 一直没去,我守在桌前,忙死了
You do coat. 你放外套
Now, be prepared. The run-through(贯通,从头到尾读一遍) is at 12:30.
现在开始做好准备,她12点半开始过目