标签:
学习公社文化校园职场生活 |
People are panicking(惊慌,恐慌), so the phone is going to be ringing off the hook(摆脱困境,脱身). 大家都很紧张,所以电话会响个不停
Editors bring in options for the shoot, and Miranda chooses. 编辑们拿素材出来让米兰达挑选
She chooses every single thing in every single issue. 每期的每张照片都要由她选定
Run thoughts are a huge deal. I don’t know why you don’t know that.
挑选素材是很重要的,你居然会不知道
Well, after the loo(英俚,厕所,洗手间), Serena and I are going to lunch.
对了,上完厕所后,塞利娜和我要去吃饭
This is her…the new me. 这是,我的新任
I get 20 minutes for lunch, and you get 15. 我有20分钟的午餐时间,你有15分钟
When I come back, you can go. 我回来了你才能走
What exactly is she wearing? 她穿的那是什么啊
So none of the girls here eat anything? 那些姑娘们都不吃东西的吗
Oh, never mind. I’m sure you have plenty more polyblend(复合高聚物) where that came from.
别担心,你身上那东西不要太多哦
So I don’t see the point of changing everything about myself just because I have this job.
所以我不认为有必要因为做这个工作就要完全改变自己
Yes, that’s true. 那到也是
That’s really what this multibillion-dollar industry is all about anyway, isn’t it?
那也就是这个亿万美元工业的精华,对吧
Inner beauty. 内在美
Miranda’s pushed the run-through up a half an hour. 米兰达已经催预览催了一个小时
She’s always 15 minutes early. – which means? 她总是早15分钟 – 那是说?
Issue going well? 发刊还好吧
What’s that costing me? 那让我损失了多少
Must have been some lousy(讨厌的,糟糕的) jackets. 那些夹克肯定很烂
Tiny man, huge ego(自我,自负). 小小人物,野心不小
I’ve seen all this before. 都过时了
Theyskens is trying to reinvent the drop waist, so actually it’s…
It’s just baffling(令人莫名其妙的,使人困惑的,不可理解的) to me. 我只是不能理解这些
Why is it so impossible to put together(装配,整理) a decent(像样的,相当好的,正派的) run-through?
你们怎么就不能安排一个好点的预览呢
You people have had hours and hours to prepare. It’s just so confusing to me.
你们这些人有着数不尽的时间来准备,我只是有些不理解
Give me a full ballerina(芭蕾舞女) skirt and a hint of saloon and I’m on board(到船上,在船上).
给我一条芭蕾舞裙和沙龙的暗示,我就干
You know, it’s just that both those belts look exactly the same to me.
只是那两条带子我看起来完全一样
I’m still learning about this stuff. 我还是在学习这些东西
You think this has nothing to do with you. 你以为这跟你毫无关系
You go to your closet.. 你走到你的衣柜
And you select that lumpy(粗苯的) blue sweater, for instance….你选了比如说那件粗苯的蓝毛衣
Because you’re trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously…
因为你试图告诉世界,你对自己很负责
To care about what you put on your back. 才在乎自己穿上身的是什么
It’s not turquoise(绿宝石,青绿色的). It’s not lapis.它不是青绿,也不是石绿
It’s actually cerulean(蔚蓝的,天蓝色的).
And you’re also blithely(愉快地,高兴地) unaware of the fact…
而且你也完全不知道
And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers.
然后天蓝就很快出现在8个不同设计师的服装中
And then it, filtered(过滤,渗透,慢慢传开) down through the department stores…
然后就通过百货商店往外流出
And then trickled(滴,流,慢慢的泄露) down into some tragic Casual Corner…
最后落到某个寒碜的休闲广场
Where you, no doubt, fished it out(fish out, 捞出,搜索出,掏出) of some clearance bin.
被你从清货箱里拖出来了
And it’s sort of comical how you think that you’ve made a choice… 滑稽的是你以为你做的选择
That exempts(免除,把…分开) you from the fashion industry… 把你与时尚区分开来
You’re wearing a sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room…
你所穿的毛衣正是这房间里的人
From a pile of stuff. 为你挑选出来的
You should have seen the look she gave me. 你该看看她看我的表情
I thought the flesh was gonna melt off her face. 我都以为她脸上的肉都快掉下来了
She’s not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous(令人作呕的,厌恶的,讨厌的) or suicidal(自杀的). 所有她周围的人都必须如惊弓之鸟,惶惶不可终日,随时准备自杀,否则她就会不满意
And the Clackers(噼啪响clack) just worship her. 但是那些咔咔族却很崇拜她
The sound that their stilettos(钻孔锥,细高跟) make in the marble lobby.
是高跟鞋在大理石走廊上发出的声音
And they all act like they’re curing cancer or something. 搞得好像他们是在治疗癌症似的
The amount of time and energy… 他们的时间和精力
That people spend on these insignificant, minute details, and for what?
都花费在那些微不足道的细节上,是为了什么
So that tomorrow they can spend another $300,000 reshooting something…
为了明天他们可以再花30万,重拍别的什么
That was probably fine to begin with… 这也许是个好办法
To sell people things they don’t need. 来把大家不需要的东西卖出去
I’m not even hungry anymore. 我现在不饿了
That is why those girls are so skinny. 就是因为这样,那些姑娘才那么瘦的
You know what? 我跟你说
I just have to stick it out (坚持到底) for a year. 我只要再坚持一年
And then I can do what I came to New York to do. 然后就可以做我想做的事情
But I can’t let Miranda get to(到达,接触到,对…有影响) me.
但我不能让米兰达毒害了我
Easy there, tiger. 放轻松点,女强人
Get me Isaac. 给我找埃萨克