标签:
学习公社校园职场生活 |
分类: 外语之旅 |
Don’t bother. You’re fired. 不麻烦了,你被解雇了
Your dad just got canned, dude. 你老爸被解雇了,哥们
I know I screwed up, but I finally understand how to do this job.
我知道我搞砸了,但我终于摸出门道了
And if anything is the tiniest… 如果你下班后
After your shift 再有丝毫的
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice… 被骗一次,别人该死,被骗两次
Take it or leave
it(要么接受,要么放弃).
We just had a little misunderstanding. 出了点误会
Am I in trouble? 我有麻烦了吗
I don’t think Nicky has any room in his heart for more disappointment.
我觉得尼克再也受不了任何打击了
Hang out in the security office till everyone’s gone. 你先呆在警卫室,等所有人都走
Then I’m gonna come get you. All right? 然后我来接你,好吗
I’m gonna have to ask you to vacate(腾出,空出,离职,退位) the premises.
我要请你出去了
Good place to think, huh? – Definitely. 是个想事情的好地方,没错
So no big plans tonight? 今晚有什么重要活动吗
I’m not really a big-plan person. 我不是那种经常有重要活动的人
I prefer hanging out with people who are dead for 200 years. 我喜欢根已经死了200年的人打交道
It’s the live ones that throw(苦恼,惊扰) me. 活人反而让我不舒服
You’re really taking your job seriously. 看来你对这份工作很认真
Once I clip(夹住,剪短,修剪) on the tie, I’m all business. 一旦我穿上制服,我就全身心投入了
How’s that dissertation coming? 论文写的怎么样了
I’ve hit a dead end. Research can only get me so far. 走到死胡同了,研究成果没有什么新进展
So I think it’s time that I move on to another subject. 我应该换个课题了
I’ll let you get back to work. 我不打扰你工作了
This is gonna sound crazy, 我说的话也许你不相信
I can handle it. 我能接受
It’s like some ancient spell(符咒,魅力). 似乎是某种古代咒语
If you really wanna get inside her head… 如果你真的想知道她的想法
I can hook that up. 我可以帮你实现
It’s freaking awesome. 酷毙了
Make fun of the history geek(做低级滑稽表演的人). 取笑翻故纸堆的怪人
Here you go. 好了
Sundown. 下山了
Couldn’t hack(砍,出租) it. 一事无成的家伙
Give us an energy boost(推进). 足下生风
Take care of that cut. 把伤口处理好吧
Sleep tight, hotshot(快车). 睡个好觉,烈火快车
Let’s grab everything we can fence. 有什么值钱的尽管拿吧
I’m planning on a long retirement. 我可打算好好养老
At your service. 为您效劳
This is your moment. 现在是你大显身手的时候
Will you save the lectures, please? 拜托你不要说教好吗
I never shot a wild beast. 我从来没有打过野兽