标签:
学习公社校园 |
分类: 外语之旅 |
Brush up(擦亮,复习,提高) on your history. 温习一下历史知识
Helped me a lot when I first started out(出发,动身). 我刚来的时候就是这样的,大有益处
This museum was originally dedicated to that man on the horse up there…
这间博物馆本来是为了几年马上的那位
He absolutely loved history and believed that the more you know about the past…
他非常热爱历史,他认为对历史了解的越多
…the better prepared you are for the
future.
A highly intelligent primate(首领,大主教,灵长类动物) known for its loving and generous nature.
非常聪明的灵长类动物,以和善,慷慨出名
Let me tell you something. I’m not buying it. 我告诉你,我才不相信呢
You might have them fooled. 你也许能骗倒他们
Can’t get past me. There’s a storm coming, buddy. 蒙不了我,暴风雨就要来了,伙计
Actions speak louder than words. 事实胜于雄辩
Could you give me one sec? go check her out. 请等我一下好吗,去看看她
I’ve got a bunch of questions. 我有很多问题、
Maybe when you have a break, could I buy you a cup of coffee?
也许等你休息的时候,我可以请你喝咖啡
It was incredible what she did. 她所做的非常了不起
She was the ultimate working mother. 她是职业女性的楷模
Attila and his Huns would often tear off the limbs of their helpless victims.
阿提拉和他的族人经常生生拉断受刑者的四肢
Attila was famous for his superstitious beliefs. 阿提拉非常迷信
He surrounded himself with a phalanx(方阵,密集人群) of sorcerers(男巫师,魔术师) and magicians(魔术师,术士)… 他的身边总是围着一群巫师和术士
…who advised and mystified(迷惑) him with their dark arts.
他们用黑暗魔法迷惑他,给他出谋划策
We’re clocking out for the last time. 这是我们最后一次打卡下班了
If you’re ever in Boca, look us up(拜访,尊敬,仰望). 如果你到博卡去,记得来找我们
What if this doesn’t work out? 如果我搞不定怎么办
Smart fellow like you? 像你这么聪明的人?
We’ll just be a phone call away. Come on, walk us out.
打个电话就能找到我们,走啦,送我们出去吧
You fellas go ahead. I need a moment.
你们走吧, 让我一个人呆会
Go crazy, big guy. 发疯去吧大个子
Over, Knock yourselves out. 搞定,拿去用吧
Fathead. 猪头
I can’t hear you through the glass. 我听不见,有玻璃挡这呢
Step aside. Giantor. We got us a railroad to build. We’re blowing a hole in that mountain,
一边凉快去,巨人,我们要造铁路,非得炸个洞出来不可
We’re gonna have a little talk, okay? 我们来谈谈好吗
Why can’t you just get along? 为什么不能和平相处
If you promise to behave. 如果你们表现好
Just roam(漫游,闲逛) free? 随便我们跑到哪里去?
You have my word, my liege(君主,臣民)。 我保证,陛下
Don’t be a kiss-ass, okay? 别拍马屁,好吗
…have a little bit of leash(拴狗颈的皮带,约束,控制) here. Don’t choke(窒息) me with it, okay?
有一点点的自由,别让我吃不了兜着走
I gotta run. You guys play nice, okay? 我得走了,你们俩乖一点好吗
Looks like Uncle Larry pulled a fast one on little Dexie. 似乎拉里叔叔比小的克斯领先了一步