标签:
学习公社高考校园职场生活 |
分类: 外语之旅 |
Hello?
有人吗
You’re bald(光秃,单调,枯燥的).
你头发都掉光了
I’m not supposed to talk to strangers.
我不应该和陌生人说话
This is kind of a little reunion.
我认为这应该算是一种团聚
Swindle(诈骗) some widow out of her money?
是靠吃寡妇 的软饭弄到钱的?
Didn’t you have a few more years to go on that double life sentence?
你不也尝过几年双倍无期的滋味
He’s really good at swooping(突然下降,飞扑,突然袭击) in and catching the bad guys
一个飞扑直下就把坏人绳之以法
But he’s not so hot(普普通通) at the little things,
但他却对一些小事却不那么较真
Did you have anything to do with the blackout?
那你和大停电这起事件有关吗
Are you fishing for (搜索,寻找)an interview?
你是想从我嘴里套点东西吗
It’s been a while since you’ve been a headline.
你上头条新闻已经有段时日了
Maybe it’s time people knew your name again.
或许这是让人们再次关注你的时候了
How about we turn this boat around, call a cab for my son
不如你把这船掉头,给我儿子叫出租车
And then you can do whatever you want with me.
然后你想对我怎么样都行
Which means that we do have some time to kill.
说白了,我们还真有时间一起打发打发
She picked him up at 3:15.
她3点15分就把他接走了
Is there anything I can do?
有什么我能帮忙的吗
Help Richard track her down.
What do you know about crystals?
你对水晶了解多少
They make great chandeliers(树枝型的装饰灯)。
用他们可以做出华美的水晶吊灯
This crystal may seem unremarkable, but so is the seed of a redwood tree.
这块水晶或许看上去很普通,但它却和红巨杉的种子有异曲同工之妙。
It’s how our mutual(相互的) friend in tights made his Arctic getaway spot.
这就是怎么那位穿紧身衣的朋友制造他的北极避难地所采用的方法
It’s a little small for my taste.
但面积有点小,不对我的口味
An extinct world, reborn on our own.
是一个曾经消失的世界,由我们亲手打造且重获新生的世界
It’s the one thing they’re not making any more of.
它可是唯一的且不能再造的东西
It’s simple physics
道理很简单
Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time.
一山不能容二虎
And the rest of the world will just let you keep it?
那剩下的世界就会任你胡作非为?
They’ll pay through the nose for it.
他们会为此付出惨痛的代价
This is front-page news.
这次可是头版头条
You’re insane.
你疯了
It’s dangling off the tip of your tongue. Let me hear it just once, please?
就在你的舌尖,让我再听一次,求你了
Mind over muscle.
智者永远胜于勇夫