加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

[转载]小王子中英对照翻译chapter02

(2018-09-25 20:03:25)
标签:

转载

这里的sheep翻译成羊显然是不对的,所以连带出若干翻译错误来,可见越简单英语单词越容易翻译错
[ Chapter 2 ]

- the narrator crashes in the desert and makes the acquaintance of the little prince
那个人在沙漠坠机,并且遇见了小王子


So I lived my life alone
我总是感到孤单

without anyone that I could really talk to
没有真正能和我交流的人

until I had an accident with my plane in the Desert of Sahara six years ago.
直到6年前,我在撒哈拉沙漠出事故

Something was broken in my engine. 
我的飞机引擎坏了

And as I had with me neither a mechanic nor any passengers
当时我身边没有机械师,飞机上也没有搭载乘客

I set myself to attempt the difficult repairs all alone. 
我尝试一个人克服重重困难修理飞机

It was a question of life or death for me: I had scarcely enough drinking water to last a week.
对我来说,这是一个生死相关的问题:我没有足够的水来维持一周


The first night
第一晚

then
I went to sleep on the sand
我在沙子上睡着了


a thousand miles from any human habitation. 
千里之内没有任何人烟

I was more isolated than a shipwrecked sailor on a raft in the middle of the ocean. 
我比遇上海难,在海上飘荡的水手还要孤独

Thus you can imagine my amazement
因此你可以想想我的惊讶

at sunrise
凌晨

when I was awakened by an odd little voice. It said:
当我被一个奇怪的声音唤醒


If you please-- draw me a sheep!
可不可以画一只羊给我

What!
什么

Draw me a sheep!
画一只羊给我

I jumped to my feet completely thunderstruck.
我完全震惊的跳起来

I blinked my eyes hard. I looked carefully all around me. 
我眨眨困顿的眼睛。仔细的看着周围

And I saw a most extraordinary small person
我看见一个非常小的人

who stood there examining me with great seriousness. 
他非常谨慎的审视着我

Here you may see the best potrait that
这里你可以看见最好的形象

later
I was able to make of him.
我可以画一个给他

But my drawing is certainly very much less charming than its model.
但是我的画和它想想的样子差异太大


That however is not my fault. 
但是那不是我的错

The grown-ups discouraged me in my painter's career when I was six years old
在我6岁的时候,大人们使我最自己的绘画能力不自信

and I never learned to draw anything except boas from the outside and boas from the inside.
我只学过画蟒蛇的外表和肚子里面

Now I stared at this sudden apparition with my eyes fairly starting out of my head in astonishment. Remember
现在我惊讶的盯着这个突然出现在我眼前的影子。想起

I had crashed in the desert a thousand miles from any inhabited region.  
我坠落在没有人烟的沙漠

And yet my little man seemed neither to be straying uncertainly among the sands
nor to be fainting from fatigue or hunger or thirst or fear. 
但是,我眼前这个小孩,在沙漠中,没有任何迷路、疲劳、饥渴和害怕的迹象

Nothing about him gave any suggestion of a child lost in the middle of the desert
a thousand miles from any human habitation. 
没有任何迹象表明他是迷失在这毫无人烟的沙漠之中

When at last I was able to speak
当我还能说话的时候

I said to him:
我给entail说

But-- what are you doing here?
你在这儿做什么呢?

And in answer he repeated very slowly
他缓慢重复的答道

as if he were speaking of a matter of great consequence: "If you please-- draw me a sheep..."
就像在说一件很重要的事情:“可以画一只羊给我吗?..."

When a mystery is too overpowering
我非常好奇

one dare not disobey. 
不敢拒绝。

Absurd as it might seem to me a thousand miles from any human habitation and in danger of death
荒谬的就好像千里之外毫无人烟,我却感受到死亡的威胁

I took out of my pocket a sheet of paper and my fountain-pen.
我拿出来纸笔

But then I remembered how my studies had been concentrated 
但是我想起了我的专业专注于

on geography history arithmetic and grammar 
地理、历史、算数和文法

and I told the little chap (a little crossly too) that I did not know how to draw.
我故意为难的告诉小家伙,我 不会画画

He answered me:
他回答我说

That doesn't matter. Draw me a sheep...
没关系,画一只羊给我...

But I had never drawn a sheep. 
但是我从没画过羊

So I drew for him one of the two pictures I had drawn so often. 
所以我给他画了我的其中一幅画

It was that of the boa constrictor from the outside. 
蟒蛇的外观

And I was astounded to hear the little fellow greet it with
我非常惊讶听见一个小声音说

No
no
no! 
不、不、不...

I do not want an elephant inside a boa constrictor. 
我不想要一只吃大象的蟒蛇

A boa constrictor is a very dangerous creature and an elephant is very cumbersome.
蟒蛇是可怕的动物,大象非常笨重

Where I live everything is very small. 
我住的地方多有的东西都非常小

What I need is a sheep. Draw me a sheep.
我只需要一只羊。帮我画一只羊。

So then I made a drawing.
所以我画了



He looked at it carefully
他看的非常仔细

then he said:

No. This sheep is already very sickly. Make me another.
这只羊已经生病了,重新帮我画一张吧

So I made another drawing.
所以我另外画了一张

My friend smiled gently and indulgenty.
我的朋友笑的非常谦和有礼

You see yourself
你看

he said
that this is not a sheep. This is a ram. It has horns.
他说:“这不是羊。羊应该是有角的”

So then I did my drawing over once more.
所以我又重新画了一张

But it was rejected too
just like the others.
但是他都拒绝了

This one is too old. I want a sheep that will live a long time.
这只太老。我想要一只长寿羊

By this time my patience was exhausted
但是我已经没有耐心了

because I was in a hurry to start taking my engine apart. 
因为饥饿开始使我分心

So I tossed off this drawing.
我迅速又画了一张

And I threw out an explanation with it.
并且做了说明

This is only his box. The sheep you asked for is inside.
这是一个盒子。你想要的羊就在里面

I was very surprised to see a light break over the face of my young judge:
我惊讶地在小伙伴的脸上发现了异样的光

That is exactly the way I wanted it!
这就是我想要的

Do you think that this sheep will have to have a great deal of grass?
你不觉得这只羊需要一些草吗?

Why?
为什么?

Because where I live everything is very small...
因为我住的地方非常小

There will surely be enough grass for him
有足够的草给它

I said. "It is a very small sheep that I have given you."
我给你的是一只很小的羊

He bent his head over the drawing:
他掰掰手:

Not so small that-- Look! He has gone to sleep...
也不是那么小。看!它已经去睡觉了

And that is how I made the acquaintance of the little prince.
这就是我如何认识小王子的经过

0

  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有