加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

章振邦语法英语句子汉译:假设意义语法手段

(2020-04-24 08:10:47)
标签:

365

假设意义

表示法

章振邦语法英语句子汉译:假设意义语法手段

现代英语表示“假设意义”的语法手段
如前所述,现代英语表示“假设意义”(又叫“非事实意义")的语法手段是多种多样的 此种意义可以用一般过去时和过去完成体表示;也可以用情态助动词和半助动词的过去时表示;当然也可以用一种专门表示假设意义的动词形式-虚拟式(即传统语法所谓的“虚拟语气")表示。
1) 用动词的过去时形式表示假设意义
用动词的过去时形式表示假设意义常见于以下结构
a) It is time that...
It is time we went to bed. 是时候就寝了。
You've been working hard. It's time you took a rest. 你一直都是工作很卖力,该休息了。
It is time we had dinner.  是时候吃晚饭了。
It is about time you made up your mind.  是时候下决心了。
It is high time you lent her a hand. 是时候帮她一把了。
It is high time we left this place. 是时候离开这里了。

b) I would rather / sooner (that) you /he/ they .. .
I'm told they are going by bus, but I would rather they went by train. 我听说他们会坐公共汽车,但我宁愿他们会坐火车。
She will get home at dinner time, but I would rather she got home a little earlier. 她回家会在晚饭时间,但我宁愿她会早点回家。
I'm sure he is keeping something back. I'd rather he told me the truth.   肯定他在隐瞒什么。我宁愿他告诉我真相。
He didn't attend the meeting. I would rather he had been present. 他没有参加会议。我宁愿他出席了。
She got drunk last night. I'd rather she hadn't drunk so much.  她醉酒是在昨夜。我宁愿她没喝那么多酒。
They offered me this expensive wine, but frankly I'd rather they had offered me some beer. 
            他们给了我这种昂贵的酒,但坦率地说,我宁愿他们给了我一些啤酒。

c) if nly...
If only I knew her address. 好想知道她的地址啊!
If only I had enough money with me. 好想有足够的钱带在身上!
If only he didn 't drive so fast. 好想他不开这么快啊!
If only I had gone by taxi.  真想当时乘坐的是出租车呀!
If only he had remembered to buy some fruit.  真想他当时没有忘记买些水果!
If only she had listened to my advice. 真想她当时听了我的劝告呢!

d) ... as if / as though .. 
He behaves as if he owned this place.  他表现得很像已经拥有了这块底盘。
He ordered me about as if he was / were my boss. 他呼来唤去地待我,好像我的老板!
We remember the accident vividly as if it happened only yesterday. 我们还记得那次事故,很清楚,就像是发生在昨天。
She was sitting quietly in the garden as if / as though nothing had happened to her. 
             她静坐在花园里,好像什么事也没影响过她。
The woman talked eloquently about the accident as though she had witnessed the whole thing. 
            那女人滔滔不绝地谈起那次事故,好像她亲眼目睹了整个件事。
They are staring at me as if I was were crazy. 他们盯着我看,好像是我发疯了。
She looked as if she had had some bad news.她看上去好像有了什么坏消息。

as if / as though 结构中的动词形式通常决定于说话人的语义意图。
I feel as if I was / were going to faint. 我觉得好像会晕倒。
I feel as if I am going to faint. 我感觉自己在晕过去。

这就是说,在某些语境中,如果不表示假设意义 就不必用过去时形式。
It looks as if it is going to rain. 看来好像在下雨
It seems as if we will have to go home on foot. 看来我们回家得靠走路了。
The fish smells as if it has gone bad这鱼闻起来好像已经坏了。
The apple tastes as if it is sour. 这苹果味道有点酸。

e) I wish (that) …:
I wish (that) I didn't have to go to work today. 但愿我不要上班的时间是今天。
I wish (that) I was / were a bit taller.  真想个子要能更高一点.
I wish you were coming with me, Peter.  希望你来陪陪我,彼得。
I wish I hadn't said that. 我真希望我当时没那么说。
I wish I had brought a map with me.  真希望当时我带上了地图。
She wishes she'd never got involved in the whole affair. 她真想从来就没有卷入过此事
I wish the sun was shining at this moment. 我希望此刻阳光灿烂。
I wish I hadn't eaten so much last night. 我真希望没吃那么多的是昨夜。

以上都表示与现在事实或过去事实相反的主观愿望, 如果要表示对将来事态的主观愿望,通常用某些情态助动词的过去时形式,此种结构便接近于客气的请求或委婉的劝告。
I wish you wouldn't smoke in public places. 我希望你不要一吸烟就选择公共场合。
I wish you would listen to your teacher's advice. 我希望你会听取老师的劝告。
I wish I could do something for you in return我希望我能帮帮你,以示回报。
How I wish she might lend him a hand!    多么希望她会帮他一把!

l wish / hope 都表示“希望',但 hope (that) .. 并不表示假设意义 ,随后的动词形式除表示婉转口气外,很少用过去时形式
I hope you are ready. 希望你准备好了。
I hope you're coming to our party希望你来参加我们的聚会。
I hope you can do something to help her.希望你能帮上她。
 I hope you will be very happy. 希望你会很高兴。
I hope the weather would be favourable. 我希望天气会好一些。(a non-standard usage of "would")
动词的过去时形式还可用在非真实条件句中表示假设意义。

2) 用情态助动词的过去时形式表示假设意义
用情态助动词的过去时形式表示假设意义最常见于条件句 (conditional) 和含蓄条件句 (implied conditional) 以及某些特定的语境。

a) 用于条件句
If I were you, I would not miss this opportunity. 如果我是你,我会不错过这个机会。
If he be found guilty, he would be sent to prison.如果他被判有罪,他将被送进监狱。
If he were here, I would explain to him myself. 如果他在这里,我看解释给他听的是我自己了。
If the patient should vomit, turn him over with his head to the side. 如果病人呕吐,将他翻个身使其头部向着侧面。
If you should change your mind, do let me know. 你如果改变主意,务请让我知道。
I should be much obliged if you would lend me the money.我将不胜感激,如果你借给我这些钱。
If I knew her address, I would have written to her.如果我知道她的地址,我会写信给她。
If it had not been for me, you would not be free now.如果当时不是我,你的自由就不是现在了。
If he hadn't missed the morning train, he would not have been late for the meeting.
               如果他没有错过早班火车,他就没有迟到会议了。
If he should refuse to appear in court, he might be held guilty.  他如果拒不出庭,也许会被认为有罪。
If he had brought a map with him, he wouldn't have got lost. 如果他带了地图在身,他没有迷路了。

b) 用于含蓄条件句
But for your help, I couldn't have achieved anything. 要不是你鼎力相助,我不可能有所成就。
Anyone who should violate the law would be punished. 无论何人只要违法就会受罚。
In different circumstances, I might have agreed.  如果在别的情况下,我或许已经同意了。
This same thing, happening in wartime (= if it should happen in wartime), would amount to disaster. 
                      此类事情如果发生在战时就会造成灾难。
Born in bette times (= if he had been born in bette times) , he would have done credit to the profession of letters.  
                  他如果生逢其时,就肯定已经献身给文学了。
Left to itself (= If it had been left to itself), the country would long have achieved its unity. 
                如果没有外来干涉,该国早已完成统一事业。
To look at him (= If you were to look at him), you would think him a young man. 你如果看到他,还会以为他是年轻人。
Another half hour and all the people there would be killed. = If another half hour should pass, all the people there would be killed.  如果再过半小时,所有人,在那里的,就都已经死了。

c) 用千其他语境
That she should forget me so quickly was rather a shock. 她竟会忘我会这么快,真令人震惊!
There's not the remotest possibility of anyone's calling upon me, and that I should call upon anyone else is a thing undreamt of.  不可能有人来看我, 我也不可能会去看别人。这种事梦里也不会有
That I should see a college student arrested for stealing!  我竟然看到一大学生因偷窃被捕呀
Oh that I could see him again = I wish that I could see him again. 哦,但愿再见他一次!
Would that she could see her son now! = If only she could see her son now!
                     但愿她能见到她的儿子哟!
Would that the flood might never come again!  但愿这洪水决不会再来一次!
To think that he would marry such a nasty woman! 想想看,他竟要娶这种下流女人!
To think that he should have deserted his wife and children! 想想看,他竟然离弃了自己的老婆孩子!
Who would have thought that things should come to such a tragic end!  
                        谁会想得到事态竟闹成这样悲惨的结局!
Who would have thought the man living next door should be a hidden terrorist!  
       谁会想到那个男的,就住在隔壁,竟是一个暗藏的恐怖分子!
The door was pushed open; who should come in but the woman they were talking about. 
               门被推开,进来的正是那个女人,他们正在谈论她呢!
He stepped into a cave and what should he see but a tigress with her baby tigers.  
                      他步入洞穴,竟然看见一只母虎,带着几只虎仔。

表示假设意义,除以上两种大量使用的动词时、体形式外,还有两种专门表示假设意义的特殊动词形式,即 be- 型虚拟式 (be-subjunctive) were- 型虚拟式 (were-subjunctive) 这两种形式仅是古英语(Old English) 遗留下来的虚拟式的残余,而且只有在特定语境中才带有“虚拟式”的语法标记。

0

阅读 收藏 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有