英语情景对话:在大城市租房子 Renting a house in a big city
(2017-08-04 17:37:52)
标签:
英语情景对话情景口语租房英语租房子 |
分类: 学习分享 |
H:How is your house hunting going?
你的房子找的怎么样了?
L:Not very well. I haven’t found anything within my price
range yet.
不怎么样。还没找到价格能在我承受范围内的。
H:How much are you looking to spend?
你想找多少钱的?
L:I can only afford about 300 pounds a month.
我只能承受月租300英镑以内的。
H:Looks like you’re not going to get more than a bedroom in a
shared flat with that.
那我看你也顶多就是和别人合租一套公寓,自己住其中一间。
L:Really? That’s a lot of money to pay for one room.
真的吗?一居室也要这么多钱。
H:Well, if you want to live in London, you have to pay the
price!
对啊,如果你想住在伦敦,就得付这么多钱。
L:Do you know of anyone who needs a roommate?
你知道还有谁在找合租伙伴吗?
H:I can ask around at work. Do you have a preference for
smakers or non-smokers?
我可以问问周围的同事们、你会优先考虑吸烟的还是不吸烟的?
L:I’d prefer non-smoking roommates, but I guess I’ll have to
take what I can get!
我希望合租者不吸烟。不过,我想我总得为得到的付出点代价。
H:How long do you want to sign a contract for?
你的租房合同打算签多久?
L:I can sign a contract up to a year. I don’t know where I’ll
be after that.
顶多一年。我不知道一年之后自己会去哪里。
H:Do you need a furnished or unfurnished apartment?
你需要房子配了家具还是没配家具的。
L:I don’t have any furniture, so it’d be great if it were
furnished.
我什么家具都没有,所以如果家具能一应俱全那就太好了。
H:You know that you’ll have to pay utilities on top of the
rent, right?
你知道水电费会在房租以外另算,是吧。
L:No, I thought that would be included in the rent.
不知道,我以为都包含在房租里。
H:It’s not usually included, so you’ll have to factor in about
100 pounds more each month for utilities.
一般都不包含。所以你得考虑到这个因素,每月要水,电,煤气等费用多付100英镑。
L:I don't think I can afford that.
我觉得我会租不起。
H:Don’t worry. Sometimes people will give you a discount if
you promise to do the cleaning or take care of the children.
别担心。有时候如果你愿意打扫房间或者照看小孩,房东会给你打折的。
L:That’s a good idea. I’ll look into finding something like
that.
这真是个好主意。我就按照这个条件去找找看。
更多租房英语对话