这两天“炸弹气旋” (Storm Cyclone)肆虐美东地区，气温达到创纪录的零下二十度，天寒地冻的周末最适合做的事情就是在家做甜糯的甜点吃啦！
It is time to thaw my glutinous rice dough and make yummy snacks with red dates and stay warm!
10-15 只 红枣
2 大勺的热水 + 适量凉水
10-15 Red dates
50-80 g of Glutinous rice flour
1/4 tsp of
2 tbsp of hot
Some rock sugar and water
1. Soak dried red dates in warm water for 20 minutes, discard water and drain.
2. The dates are now softened, slit the dates alongside to remove the seed.
3. Add some sugar to the glutinous flour, then add hot water and let some of the flour to form soft lumps, add cold water little by little to knead the dough until no lumps exist. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
4. Take a small portion of the dough and shape it into a long strip about 1 cm in diameter. Portion the strip to the length of dates.
5. Stuff a portion of the dough strip into the opening of a date, press the opening sides of date against the dough and smoothen surface to seal.
6. Bring half a pot of water in a sauce pan to rolling boil. Add some rock sugar if you like. Add the stuffed dates to cook for 5-6 minutes (For smaller dates) or 7-8 minutes (For bigger dates) at medium heat.
7. Serve warm and please have it with the water the dates cooked in, the dates have now turned the water into dates tea! Sweet and warming.