标签:
学习公社文化校园职场生活 |
This is Miranda we’re talking about. 我们在说的可是米兰达
I rarely say this to people who aren’t me…
我很少对除我之外的人说这个
But you have got to calm down. 但是你必须要冷静下来
Bloody hell. 该死的
I’d like my Starbucks waiting. 把星巴克准备好
Don’t even bother coming back. 就不要回来了
I might as well beat her to the punch(打孔). 还不如我抢先一步
Good for you. 干的好
Moments should be erected in my honor(表示敬意,祝贺). 该为我建个纪念碑
A friend of a friend does the cover art. 我的一个朋友的朋友做封面设计的
May I assist you with anything? 我能为你做点什么
One copy. What are my twins gonna do with that? Share?
I make two copies. 我复印了两份
And had them covered, reset and bound(装订的) so that they wouldn’t look like manuscripts.
还加了封面和包装,所以看起来不像手稿
This is an extra copy to have on file. You know, just in case.
这份是备用的
They charge five dollars a strawberry there. 他们的草莓卖5快钱一个
But I figure since you quit your job… 但我认为自从你辞职以后
We should celebrate. 我们应该庆祝
That’s big of you. 你可真够好的
It doesn’t make sense throwing away all those months of hard work.
就这么放弃这几个月的努力工作是在没什么道理
I just had a moment of weakness. 我只是觉醒了
Your job sucks and your boss is a wacko(古怪的,发疯的). 你的工作烦人,老板古怪
I’m still the same person I was. 我还是原来的我
There is one other thing that’s new. 还有一件新的
The modern woman unleashes(释放) the animal within to take on(流行,呈现) the big city.
都市里的现代女性释放出内在的野性
Sometimes I can’t believe I talk about this crap(废物,废话) all day.
有时候我真不敢相信我整天就在说这些废话
Tell her I switched in the Dior for the Rocha. 告诉她我给查换成了迪奥
Can’t wait. 等不及了
Can we adjust the attitude? 我们能调整一下态度吗
Don’t make me feed you to one of the models. 别让我把你丢给其中一个模特
My personal life is hanging by a thread(千钧一发,摇摇欲坠).我的私人生活受到威胁
That’s what happens when you start doing well at work.
当你在工作上有所成就时,它就自然发生了
Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke(被烧光, 化为乌有)。
当你的生活变得空虚,让我知道
That means it’s time for a promotion. 这意味着是该升职的时候了
Back of the issue. 回到这一期
She’d rather do a summer cover because she has a movie coming out.
她宁肯要个夏天的封面,因为那时候她有电影发片
I’m pulling the Toobin piece on the Supreme Court women…
我要撤下图彬关于最高法庭女人们的稿子
I need to see a new draft(草稿, 草案, 草图)on that piece… 我要看这一篇的新草稿
About shopping for a plastic surgeon… it’s dull. 是关于整形医师购物的,真无聊
And this layout(版面设计) for the Winter Wonderland spread. 而这个关于冬季仙境的版面
Not wonderful yet. 还不够精彩
Where are we on that? 我们进展到哪里了
One thought I had was enamel(珐琅, 瓷釉, 指甲油). Bangles(手镯, 脚镯), pendants, earrings.
我的点子是珐琅物,手镯,吊坠,耳环
Groundbreaking. 破天荒
We thought about shooting them in an industrial space. 我们想在一个工厂里拍摄
We thought the contrast between the femininity(妇女特质, 柔弱性, 温柔) of the florals…
我们认为花朵的温柔与
And the more raw, rough-hewn(粗制的,粗凿的(木材、石头)) background would create this wonderful tension(紧张(状态), 不安, 拉紧, 压力) between…
更加自然粗糙的北京之间的对比可以制造出极强的效果
Does anybody else have anything I can possibly use? 还有谁有什么我能用的点子吗
Antibacterial(抗菌的) wipes([俚]手帕) perhaps? 或者是湿纸巾/
How’s the cold doing? – like death warmed up(热身, 重新煮热, 变暖, 感到亲切, 激动) actually.
感冒好点了吗,- 我快死掉了
It’s the benefit tonight. I’ve been looking forward to it for months.
今晚是义演晚会,我已经盼了好几个月了
I refuse to be sick. I’m wearing Valentino, for crying out loud.
我不要生病,我要穿上华伦天奴
I suggest you go and drop Miranda’s Fendi bag off at the showroom((商品样品的)陈列室)
我建议你去陈列室拿米兰达的芬迪手包
And then I suppose you can just go home. 然后你就可以回家了
I need to get to Magnolia(木兰, 玉兰类的植物)Bakery before it closes.
我还要去木兰面包店,可别关门了
You’re both fully prepared on the guest list. 你们两个都把客人名单烂熟于心了
Only when the first assistant hasn’t decided to become…
除非第一助理没有
An incubus(梦魇, 沉重的负担) of viral(病毒(的), 含病毒的, 病毒所致的) plague(瘟疫, 麻烦, 苦恼, 灾祸).
得传染性疾病
We have to make sure that they all think she knows exactly who they are.
我们得让比人意味她了解每一个客人的情况
I have to learn all these by tonight? 我得在今晚义演前都记住?
You better just start without me. 你最好开始把
I’ll call you the second I’m leaving. 我过去的时候给你打电话
Will that fit me? 那件我能穿吗
A little Crisco(<美俚>胖子[原为黄油罐头商标名]) and some fishing line, and we’re in business.
给我一点黄油和钓鱼线,我们就成交