加载中…
个人资料
你的眼神
你的眼神
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:547,160
  • 关注人气:51
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

第八册LESSON 12   YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS THE B

(2010-01-31 18:53:48)
标签:

杂谈

分类: 洪恩环境英语中高级篇

LESSON 12

   YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS THE BIG ROMANCE.

 

你是个非常需要浪漫的人

TEXT

 

课文

 

 

Connie : Do you know where to go for a breath of fresh air and wide open spaces? Jim Stuart found a place right here in Stamford.

康妮: 你知道在哪儿能呼吸到新鲜空气,拥有开阔的室外空间吗? 吉姆· 斯图亚特在斯坦福德这儿找到了这么一个地方。

Jim: We're here at the Stamford Nature Center with Brad Burnham. Brad, could you tell us a little about the farm?

吉姆: 我们现在和白兰德· 贝克汉姆在斯坦福德自然中心。白兰德, 你能告诉我们一些关于农场的情况吗?

Brad: Sure. We have a small New England farm here at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center. We have many types of farm animals here.

白兰德: 当然。在斯坦福德博物馆和自然中心这儿有一个新英格兰式小农场, 在这儿我们有许多种家畜。

Jim: There are plenty of farm animals here. The school children love them. There are all the usual farm animals, but not many places have others.

吉姆: 这里有许多家畜,学校里的孩子们很喜欢它们。这儿有所有常见的家畜, 但是并不是很多地方有水獭。

Do you know anywhere in Stamford where you can see otters play?

你知道在斯坦福德哪儿能看到水獭嬉戏吗?

Jim: But the stars of the show are the new baby lambs.

吉姆: 但是这次节目的明星是这些新出生的羊羔。

Jim: Can you tell me how old those lambs are?

吉姆: 你能告诉我, 那些羊羔有多大了吗?

Brad: Sure. They are six and a half weeks old and their names are Spot and Houdini.

白兰德: 当然可以。它们有六个半星期了,名字是点点和霍德尼。

And they are lots of fun to play with. They're very curious and a little shy of people.

跟它们在一起玩其乐无穷。它们非常好奇,还有点怕人。

Jim: Could you tell our viewers how big the farm is?

吉姆: 你能否告诉观众这个农场有多大?

Brad: I'd say maybe about five to ten acres.

白兰德: 大约五到十英亩。

Jim: Does anyone know how many geese you have here?

吉姆: 有谁知道你们这里养了多少只鹅吗?

Brad: No, I'm sorry, we don't. We have a lot of geese.

白兰德: 不知道, 对不起,我们都不知道。我们的鹅很多。

Jim: Can you tell me why the geese like it here?

吉姆: 你能否告诉我为什么这些鹅喜欢这儿呢?

Brad: Yes, 'cause the visitors love to feed them.

白兰德: 可以。因为来访者喜欢喂它们。

Jim: You can shop at the gift shop or you can walk on the hiking trails. But do you know how to keep a secret?

吉姆: 你可以去礼品店购物也可以去山间小道散步,但你知道如何保守秘密吗?

The most fun here is at the duck pond with all the ducks and geese. But watch out for a duck I call Sally.

在这里最大的乐趣是在鸭塘旁边和鸭、鹅在一起。不过请注意一只被我叫做萨莉的鸭子。

Jim: Looking for a beautiful place? We found one right here in Stamford at the Stamford Nature Center. . . When we visited, we saw all sorts of strange geese and ducks. . . .

吉姆: 你在寻找一个美丽的地方吗? 我们在斯坦福德就找到了一个—— 斯坦福德自然中心⋯⋯ 参观时, 我们看到了各种奇怪的鹅和鸭⋯⋯

This one is strange-looking. . . The other ones are beautiful. . . There's another beautiful bird. . . And there's another one. . .

这只长相奇特⋯⋯ 共它的都非常美丽⋯⋯ 还有另外一只漂亮的鸟⋯⋯ 还有另外一只⋯⋯

That's a Long Island goose. . . The other ducks near it come form Europe. . . The green ones are mallards.

那是长岛鹅⋯⋯ 它旁边的鸭子来自欧洲⋯⋯ 绿色的是野鸭。

Jim: Our favorite is Sally. . . the duck who never got fed. . . The other ones won't let her eat!

吉姆: 我们最喜欢的是萨莉⋯⋯ 这只鸭子从来得不到食物⋯⋯ 其它的鸭子不让它吃!

Jim: The kids bring lots of bread, but it's hard to eat when there's so much competition. . . And here it comes .

吉姆: 孩子带来了许多面包,但是因为鸭子们抢食很激烈, 要吃到东西很难⋯⋯ 看, 它来了。

Jim: There's one who's hungry!

吉姆: 那儿有一只饿极了的鸭子。

Jim: Look at that. The other one is hungry too!

吉姆: 看那儿, 另一只也很饿。

Jim: Luckily, there are lots of people who like to feed these ducks and geese even Sally.

吉姆: 非常幸运, 许多人喜欢喂这些鸭子和鹅—— 包括萨莉。

Jim: And with everyone's help. Sally finally gets some food.

吉姆: 在大家的帮助下, 萨莉最终得到了一些食物。

Maria : These are good stories. The duck story is wonderful.

玛丽亚: 这是些非常好的节目,鸭子的节目很精彩。

Connie : Have you heard from Sam Finch?

康妮: 有山姆· 芬奇的消息吗?

Maria : No. He hasn't called.

玛丽亚: 没有, 他还没打电话。

Connie : Did he buy the station in California?

康妮: 他买下加利福尼亚的那家电视台了吗?

Maria : I don't know. . . You're the one that needs the big romance. You're young. You're beautiful. You'll find someone.

玛丽亚: 我不知道⋯⋯ 你是个非常需要浪漫的人。你年轻、漂亮, 你会找到一个合适的。

Connie : I hope so, Maria.

康妮: 我希望这样, 玛丽亚。

Maria : Sam! . . . How are you? Where are you? . . . Well, my trip back was fine. . . Steven Winn had a baby boy. . Yes. . His name is Peter. . . Did you buy the station?

玛丽亚: 山姆!⋯⋯ 你好吗? 你在哪儿⋯⋯? 噢, 我旅行回来了, 非常好⋯⋯ 史蒂文· 韦恩生了一个男孩⋯⋯ 是的⋯⋯ 名字叫彼得⋯⋯ 你把电视台买下了吗?

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有