英译汉技巧——无灵名词
(2012-06-07 11:03:02)
标签:
英译汉无灵名词在线笔译技巧it |
分类: 译林漫步 |
无灵名词的使用:无灵名词作主语是英语中常见的结构。但在汉语里一般不这么说。译成汉语时应该为人称主语。
A wave of cigarette smoke accompanied him in.
他进门时带进来一缕卷烟烟雾。元培翻译 英语笔译二级周末班 20120414 丁老师英译汉综述
A muttered exclamation came from his younger sister.
他的小妹妹不由得惊叫了一声。
A sudden breeze made the child sneeze.
突然吹过一阵轻风,孩子打了个喷嚏。
The realization of the plan will greatly enhance the welfare of the people.
当这个计划实现后,人们会享有更好的福利。
The sight of the picture reminds me of my childhood.
一看到那照片,我就会想起我的童年。
My good fortune has sent you to me, and we will never part.
我很幸运,能够得到你,让我们永不分离吧。(我的好运给我送来你?)
The forty years, 1840-1880,brought almost ten million migrants to America.
从1840至1880这四十年中,近一千万移民移居美国。
No motivecan excuse the unjust and ungenerous part you acted there.
你在那件事上扮演了很不正当、很不光彩的角色。不管你动机如何,都是无可宽恕的。
Anger and bitterness had preyed upon me continually for weeks and a deep languor had succeeded this passionate struggle.
几个星期以来,我又气又恨,感到非常苦恼。这种感情上的激烈斗争过去之后,我感到浑身无力。
I became impatient at her repeated attempts and, seizing the doll, I dashed it upon the floor.. I was keenly delighted when I felt the fragments of the broken doll at my feet. Neither sorrow nor regret followed my passionate outburst.
她翻来覆去地闹,把我惹恼了,我就抓起那个新娃娃把它摔倒地上。娃娃摔碎了,我的脚碰着碎片,心里高兴极了。我这样发作一通之后,即不难过,也不后悔。
Anger and bitterness had preyed upon me continually for weeks.
几个星期以来,我又气又恨,感到非常苦恼。
这是一种英语常见的一种结构,但是在汉语中一般不这样说,所以译文以“我”为主语,把原文作主语的无灵名词译成谓语,把“preyed”从相反的角度译作”感到非常苦恼。
A mix of arrogance and continued fear of Iraqi intentions colors Kuwaiti reactions to no-fly zones.
一方面,科威特人傲慢自负;另一方面,他们始终对伊拉克的种种企图感到担忧。这种矛盾心态左右着科威特人对设置禁飞区的态度.元培翻译
2012-6-7

加载中…