今年，很多参加北京 2012 年高考英语的同学，都抱怨“完形填空”难度太大。有的老师说：“今年北京高考完形填空，是 10 年来难度最大的一次。”有的家长说：“孩子英语挺好的，没想到完形填空卡了壳，很多题目都拿不准，耽误后面做题的时间。”
孩子面对的社会，不是上世纪 90 年代的中国。当前格局之下，若连高考英语试题还不能轻松应对，就意味着青少年阶段英语学习的失败。
高考英语完形填空，文章篇幅大约 350 词。高考完形文章，是把美国大众读物里的短文，加以删减、改编、简化（效果就像把鱼香肉丝过了一遍凉水）。完形填空，仅仅是语言测试的工具；就其文字本身来说，可谓“三无”：无美感、无难度、无感动。
高考完形填空，就是让考生通过选择填空，将一篇挖去 20 个词语的文章恢复原样。完形填空不但考查阅读能力，还考查学生把握文章逻辑脉络的能力，以及选项辨别能力。
A. 菜贩子 B. 集市管理员 C. 翻译 D. 商人
例1： I was waiting for the elevator I heard a boy crying.
A. as B. while C. when D. if
答案选 C，“V-ing + when…”是固定句型，解作“正当…突然…”
例2： I was burned out with all the pressure I from my parents.
A. gained B. received C. accepted D. suffered
选项里的 4 个单词我都背过！
我选D，因为“the pressure I suffered from my parents”是“从父母那里遭受的压力”的意思。
你没有掌握 suffer from 的用法，本题选 B
“suffer from…”解作“受…罪”，如 suffer from a headache（受头疼的罪）
英文里，没有 suffer the pressure from my parents 这种说法
故此，the pressure I suffered from my parents 也不存在
但是，the pressure I received from my parents 是正确的说法，解作“从父母那受到的压力”。
高中生，在老师指导下，哪怕踏踏实实精读一本英语原版文学，再经过简单的应试技巧训练，就足以轻松应对高考。在这里，我附上 2012 年北京高考英语完形填空试题，有兴趣的家长，可以看一看。
"Mama, when I grow up, I'm going to be one of those!" I said this after seeing the Capital Dancing Company perform when I was three. It was the first time that my __36__ took on a vivid form and acted as something important to start my training. As I grew older and was __37__ to more, my interests in the world of dance __38__ varied but that little girl's dream of someday becoming a __39__ in the company never left me. In the summer of 2005 when I was 18, I received the phone call which made that dream a __40__; I became a member of the company __41__ back to 1925.
As I look back on that day now, it surely __42__ any sense of reality. I believe I stayed in a state of pleasant disbelief __43__ I was halfway through rehearsals (排练) on my first day. I never actually __44__ to get the job. After being offered the position, I was completely __45__. I remember shaking with excitement.
Though I was absolutely thrilled with the change, it did not come without its fair share of __46__. Through the strict rehearsal period of dancing six days a week, I found it vital to __47__ up the material fast with every last bit of concentration. It is that extreme __48__ to detail (细节) and stress on practice that set us __49__. To then follow those high-energy rehearsals __50__ a busy show schedule of up to five performances a day, I discovered a new __51__ of the words "hard work." What I thought were my physical __52__ were pushed much further than I thought __53__. I learned to make each performance better than the last.
Today, when I look at the unbelievable company that I have the great __54__ of being a part of, not only as a member, but as a dance captain, I see a __55__ that has inspired not only generations of little girls but a splendid company that continues to develop and grow-and inspires people every day to follow their dreams.
36. A. hobby B. plan C. dream D. word
37. A connected B. expanded C. exposed D. extended
38. A. rarely B. certainly C. probably D. consistently
39. A. director B. trainer C. leader D. dancer
40. A. symbol B. memory C. truth D. reality
41. A. bouncing B. dating C. turning D. tracking
42. A. lacks B. adds C. makes D. brings
43. A. while B. since C. until D. when
44. A. cared B. expected C. asked D. decided
45. A. motivated B. relaxed C. convinced D. astonished
46. A. challenges B. profits C. advantages D. adventures
47. A. put B. mix C. build D. pick
48. A. attention B. association C. attraction D. adaptation
49. A. apart B. aside C. off D. back
50. A. over B. by C. with D. beyond
51. A. function B. meaning C. expression D. usage
52. A. boundaries B. problems C. barriers D. efforts
53. A. necessary B. perfect C. proper D. possible
54. A. talent B. honor C. potential D. responsibility
55. A. victory B. trend C. tradition D. desire