加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

《新英语900句生活篇》情景对话第8课 SPORTS 体育

(2013-05-15 03:12:22)
标签:

对话

情景

英语

育儿

分类: 新英语900句

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson8:SPORTS体育


【基本句型 basic patterns】
106. Everyone is watching the World Cup right now. 
现在每个人都在看世界杯。
107. Soccer is the American word for football.
在美国,足球叫做“soccer”。
108. I’m tired after this afternoon’s game.
打完今天下午的比赛后我累了。
109. The referee should have called a foul.
这裁判应该判犯规。
110. Pass me the ball.
把球传给我。
111. I have to run faster.
我必须跑快些。
112. Do you think we can still win?
你认为我们还能赢吗?
113. This team has practiced hard all season.
这个队整个赛季都在努力训练。
114. I hurt my ankle in the last game.
在最后一场比赛中,我的脚踝受伤了。
115. Aren’t you worried that coach is going to cut you from the team? 
你难道不担心教练会把你除名吗?
116. You are the star wide receiver and I don’t know if we could win if we lost you. 
你是个明星接球手,真不知道我们队少了你还能不能赢比赛。
117. What do you think our chances are of going to the championships ? 
你认为我们拿冠军的机会如何?
118. I prefer sports where people have to work as a team, instead of fighting. 
我喜欢那些需要人们合作而不是互相殴打的体育项目。
119. Boxers train very hard for many years in order to be in the Olympics . 
拳击手要经过多年的训练才能参加奥运会。
120. In a team sport, one person cannot take all the credit.
在团体比赛中,个人不能独享所有的荣誉。

【生词解读】                     
1. American a. 美国的;美洲的   
2. referee n. (篮球、足球、拳击等的)裁判员         3. ankle n. 踝关节                    
4. receivern. (网球)接球员;(棒球)接手
5. championship n. 冠军的地位,冠军称号 

【情景对话 dialogue】
 
Dialogue 1
 
MICHAEL: Are you going to football practice today, Ethan?
今天你参加橄榄球训练吗? 伊桑?
ETHAN: I can't today.
我今天不能.
MICHAEL: Why not?
为什么不能.
ETHAN: I forgot to bring my shoulder pads with me.
我忘记带护肩垫子.
MICHAEL: I guess you don't want to play without them. You could really get hurt.
我想没有这个你就不想打球了, 你很容易会受伤的.
ETHAN: Coach is really going to get mad at me for missing practice.
训练缺课, 教练一定会对我大发雷霆的.
MICHAEL: Didn't you miss practice last week?
你上个星期不是也缺课了吗?
ETHAN: Yes. I hadn't finished a paper for my history class and my father wouldn't let me go anywhere until I finished it.
是的, 我没有写完历史课的论文, 在我写完之前, 我父亲哪儿也不让我去.
MICHAEL: Aren't you worried that the coach is going to cut you from the team?
你难道不担心教练会把你从队中除名吗?
ETHAN: I sure am. Maybe I can get my older brother to bring me my shoulder pads from home.
我当然担心, 也许我可以叫我哥哥帮我把护肩垫从家里拿过来.
MICHAEL: I think that's a good idea. You should really do that so you don't miss another practice. It's team policy if you miss three practices in a row that you get cut.
我想这是个好主意. 如果你不想再次训练缺席的话, 你真的必须这么做. 队里有规矩, 如果你连续三次训练缺课, 就要被除名.
ETHAN: I love playing football and wouldn't want that to happen.
我喜欢打橄榄球, 可不愿这样的事情发生.
MICHAEL: The rest of the team would miss you too. You are the star wide receiver and I don't know if we could win if we lost you.
其他队员也会想念你的. 你是个明星接球手, 真不知道我们队少了你还能不能赢.
ETHAN: Thanks for the compliment, but remember it's a team sport and a team effort.
谢谢你的夸奖, 但别忘了, 这是团体体育项目, 需要团队合作努力.
MICHAEL: But you know that you are one of the best players.
但你知道, 你是最好的球员之一.
ETHAN: In a team sport one person cannot take all the credit. Every person plays his part and deserves just as much praise.
在团体比赛中, 一个人不能独享所有的功劳. 每个人都出了自己的一分力, 应该得到同等的赞扬.
MICHAEL: You're a real team player.
你真是具有团队精神.
ETHAN: What do you think our chances are of going to the championships?
你认为我们拿冠军的机会如何?
MICHAEL: Pretty good if we can keep players like you on the team. Do you think your brother will bring you your pads?
如果我们队能留住像你这样的好队员的话, 机会很大. 你想你哥哥会给你拿护肩垫来吗?
ETHAN: I think so. He knows how important football is to me.
我想会的. 他知道橄榄球对我来说有多重要.
MICHAEL: Well, hope to see you at practice after school.
那希望课后在训练场上见到你.
ETHAN: See you then.
待会儿见.
 
Dialogue 2:
 
KAREN: It's so unfair.
这太不公平了.
CANDICE: What is?
怎么了?
KAREN: The guy's basketball team is getting new uniforms and we aren't.
男生篮球队又发新球衣了, 我们却没有.
CANDICE: How come?
怎么会这样?
KAREN: It's the same old.
又是老样子.
CANDICE: What do you mean?
什么意思?
KAREN: The guys always get a better deal than we do.
男生的待遇总是比我们好.
CANDICE: That might be true.
可能是这样的.
KAREN: It definitely is. They get more time to practice on the courts than the girls' team, and they got their own bus to transport them to away games.
的的确确就是这样. 他们比女生有更多时间在球场上训练, 而且他们还有专车接送他们去客场比赛.
CANDICE: When you put it like that, it does sound unfair.
你这么一说, 的确不公平.
KAREN: I'm going to complain to the administration that this is gender discrimination. They can't treat us differently just because we are girls.
我要向有关部门投诉, 这是性别歧视. 他们不能因为我们是女生就这样对待我们.
CANDICE: I don't think that it will help.
我认为那没有用.
KAREN: Why not?
为什么?
CANDICE: Because the guy's team brings in a lot more money for the school than the girls' team.
因为男生队为学校挣到的钱比女生队的多得多.
KAREN: I think that's still prejudiced.
我认为, 这仍然是歧视.
CANDICE: People pay more to see the guys play and therefore the school gives them more perks than the girls. I don't think things are going to change.
人们花更多的钱去看男生打球, 所以学校就给他们更好的待遇. 我认为情况不会改变.
KAREN: Well, I'm still going to file a complaint. I might even go to the school newspaper and have them tell our side of the story.
我还是打算去投诉. 我甚至可能去找校报, 让他们替我们说说话.
CANDICE: This kind of thing has been happening for years and it's not going to change immediately;
这么多年来情况一起都是这样, 不会马上改变的.
KAREN: Well, it's still worth a try. Nothing's going to change unless we try.
但还是值得一试. 如果我们不尝试, 什么事情都不可能改变的.
CANDICE: I'm not too hopeful, but I will go with you.
我不是抱很大希望, 但我会跟你一起去.
 
Dialogue 3:
 
VICKY: Hi Rich.
你好, 里查.
RICHARD: Hey, Vicky. Stop calling me Rich. You know I hate that nickname, I prefer Richard.
你好, 维基. 别叫我里查. 你知道我讨厌这个外号. 我宁愿别人叫我理查德.
VICKY: Sorry, I forgot. It won't happen again.
对不起, 我忘了. 下次不会了.
RICHARD: No problem.
没关系.
VICKY: Have you been following the Olympics?
你一直在关注奥运会吗?
RICHARD: Of course. It's very exciting.
当然. 很激动人心.
VICKY: What's your favorite event?
什么是你最喜欢的项目?
RICHARD: I like watching the swimming events. I used to swim in college.
我喜欢看游泳比赛. 我在大学时常常游泳.
VICKY: Personally, I like gymnastics.
我个人喜欢体操.
RICHARD: Why?
为什么?
VICKY: They are so strong and skillful. I admired them for all the time and effort they put into their sport.
他们又有力量又有技巧. 他们为这项运动投入了大量的时间和精力, 我很钦佩他们.
RICHARD: What other sports do you watch?
你还看什么别的比赛?.
VICKY: I watch hockey and basketball.
我看曲棍球和篮球.
RICHARD: Do you like boxing?
你喜欢拳击吗?
VICKY: No, it's too violent. I don't think it's good for people to get hit. Boxers get seriously injured.
不, 太暴力了. 我认为挨打不是什么好事. 拳击手经常受重伤.
RICHARD: I like boxing. It's very thrilling.
我喜欢拳击. 很刺激.
VICKY: I prefer sports where people have to work as team, instead of fighting.
我喜欢那些人们需要合作而不是互相殴打的体育项目.
RICHARD: There is a lot of skill in boxing. Boxers train very hard for many years in order to be in the Olympics.
拳击运动中有许多技巧. 拳击手要经过多年刻苦的训练才能参加奥运会.
VICKY: I understand that, boxing is just not the kind of sport I like.
这个我明白, 但拳击不是我喜欢的体育项目.
RICHARD: Well, I guess I can't convince you.
噢, 我想我是无法说服你了.

0

阅读 收藏 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有