加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

《新英语900句生活篇》情景对话第5课 JOB HUNTING 找工作

(2013-05-15 03:01:06)
标签:

情景

对话

英语

分类: 新英语900句
新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson5:JOB HUNTING找工作


【基本句型 Basic Patterns】
61. I’ve got a job interview today.
我今天要参加一个工作面试。
62. Are you hiring right now?
你们现在招人吗?
63. Are you taking applications?
你们现在招聘吗?
64. I’ve applied to six companies so far.
目前为止,我已经向六家公司递交了应聘申请。
65. He’s looking for a job with better pay.
他在找一份薪水更高的工作。
66. Do you have any experience in this field?
在这个领域你有工作经验吗?
67. Where did you last work?
你最后的工作在哪?
68. What was your last job?
你最后一份工作是什么?
69. Do you work well with other people?
你能和别人和谐共事吗?
70. I really need this job.
我真的很需要这份工作。
71. I graduated at the top of my class from Harvard Law School. I concentrated in business law.   
我从哈佛法学院毕业,是班上的第一名。我专攻商法。
72. Your business has a very good reputation for rewarding its employees that work hard and well.    
贵公司对工作努力、业绩卓越的雇员总是给予嘉奖,因此得到了很好的声誉。
73. I am very responsible and will work long hours to make sure that my work is done on time and correctly. 
我有责任心,为了按时、正确地完成工作愿意加班。
74. I believe that you are just the kind of person we would like to hire.
我相信你就是我们想要雇用的这种人。
75. Direct eye contact reassures the person that you are confident and honest. 
直接的目光接触让人相信你的自信和诚实。
【生词解读】
1. concentrate vi. 全神贯注;全力以赴           2. reputation  n. 好名声,声望;信誉
3. reassure  vt.使放心,使消除疑虑;向......再保证
4. confident a. 确信的;有信心的,自信的         5. honest a. 诚实的;正直的

【情景对话 Dialogue】
对话一:
A: How are you today, Mary?  
玛丽,你今天好吗?
B: I'm fine,sir. And yourself? 
先生,我很好,您呢?
A: I am doing very well. Shall we begin the interview?
我很好,我们可以开始面试了吗?
B: Yes, I am eager to begin even though I am very nervous.
可以了,虽然我很紧张,但我还是很想快点开始
A: You shouldn't be nervous. After reading resume. I believe that you are highly qualified to work here. You should be an asset to the company.
你不用紧张,看了你的简历后,我相信你可以胜任这里的工作,你将会成为公司的骨干的.
B: thank you very much for the compliment.
非常感谢你的夸奖.
A: First of all, would you tell me about your education, please?
首先,请告诉我你的教育情况.
B: I graduated at the top of my class from Harvard Law School. I concentrated in business law.
我从哈佛法学院毕业,成绩在班上名列前茅. 我专攻商法.
A: Very impressive. Harvard is a very prestigious school.
真是如雷贯耳.哈佛是一间声望很高的学校.
B: Yes,I believe I was very fortunate to attend it.
是的,能去那里读书,我觉得我很幸运.
A: Why would you like to work for our company?
你为什么要来我们公司工作呢?
B: Your business has a very good reputation for rewarding its employees that work hard and well.
贵公司对工作努力,业绩卓越的雇员总是给予嘉奖,因此有很好的声誉.
A: Yes, we take pride in the fact that we treat our employees very well. Do you believe that you will fit in well here?
是的,我们对待员工很好,这是我们引以为豪的,你相信你适应这里的工作吗?
B: I believe I will. i am very responsible and will work long hours to make sure that my work is done on time and correctly.
我相信我会的,我对工作很负责,而且愿意长时间工作以保证我的工作及时,准确地完成.
A: That is very good to hear. Employers like to have employees that are eager to do good work.
听到你这么说我很高兴.雇主都喜欢那些渴望把工作做好的员工.
B: I am very eager, sir.我很渴望把工作做好,先生.
A: You may call me A
你可以叫我A
B: Thank you ,A
A: I believe that you are just the kind of person we would like to hire
我相信你正是我们想招聘的人.
B: I really appreciate this opportunity
我真的很珍惜这个机会.
A: I just have to discuss this with the other managers, but I think that they will agree with me. when can you start?
我还要和其他的经理商量一下,但我想他们会同意我的,你什么时候可以开始工作?
B: As soon as possible
越快越好.
A: That kind of enthusiasm will take you far in this company
这种热情将会使你在公司里出类拔萃的.
 

对话二:
A: How's it going?
最近怎么样?
B: Pretty good. I've been looking for a new job.
挺好的.我正在找一份新的工作.
A: Why are you looking for a new job?
为什么你要找新工作?
B: My wife was offered to transfer to New York City, so we are going to relocate.
我妻子被调到纽约,所以我们得搬家
A: Is her new job worth such a huge change?
她的新工作值得你们作出这么大的改变吗?
B: Yes, It has a great salary and a much higher position than the one she has now.
值得,工资很高,而且职位比她现在的高得多.
A: It must be a great inconvenience to you to find another job.
你要找另一份工作一定非常麻烦.
B: Not really. New York City is such a large and important city that it has many job opportunities.
也不算,纽约是一个很重要的大城市,那儿有很多工作机会.
A: What kind of job would you like to find?
你要找什么样的工作?
B: I'd like to find one in the same field as I've been working in.
我想干回本行.
A: Have you found anything?
你找到了吗?
B: Actually, I've been offered two jobs. Now, I'm just trying to decide which one to take.
实际上,我找到了两份工作,现在我正在决定该选择那一个.
A: What is the difference between the two?
两者有什么区别?
B:One is much closer to where we will be living.
一间公司离我们以后的家很近.
A: Why don't you accept that job?
那你为什么不接受那份工作呢?
B: It doesn't pay as much as the other job.
它的工资没有另一份的多.
A: How far would you have to commute with that one?
从你家到那间公司要多久?
B: About an hour
大约一个小时
A: Which one do you think you will take?
你认为你会挑哪一间公司呢?
B: The one that pays more, because New York City has a really good public transportation system so the commute won't be so bad.
工资高的那一间,因为纽约市的公交很发达,所以上下班不会有很大问题
A: Perhaps you can use the time you are commuting to either prepare for work or relax.
也许你可以利用在路上的时间为工作做准备或放松一下.
B: I think I will use that time to relax. I'll probably just read the paper or have my morning coffee.
我想我会利用那段时间来放松自己.我有可能看看报纸,或者喝杯咖啡.
A:That should make the commute more pleasant.
那会使路上这段时间更舒适些.
B:I think so .
我想是这样的.
 
对话三:
A: Hi,mum
你好,妈妈
B: Hello,son.
儿子,你好
A: Did you want to talk to me about something?
你有什么事跟我谈吗?
B: Yes, I just wanted to give you some advice about interviewing since I know that you have one tomorrow.
是的,我知道你明天要去面试,想给你一些关于面试的建议.
A: That would help a lot. I've having some problems getting a job. what am I doing wrong?
那将会帮我一个大忙.我找工作时总遇到麻烦,不知道我那里做错了?
B: I find there are some things that you can do to raise your chances of getting the job.
我发现你可以做一些事情来提高你获得工作的机会.
A: T he job market is very competitive right now. I have to use all the help I can get.
现在的求职竞争很激烈,我得八方求援,以提高自己.
B: My first tip is to make sure that you are dressed well. it is always better to look more formal than you need to. always wear a suit and tie to an interview. A potential employer will always prefer someone who looks professional over the person who came in wearing jeans.
我第一个建议是:确保你穿着得体,穿着看起来正式一些总会比较好.一定要穿西装打领带去面试.与那些穿牛仔裤的人相比,你未来的雇主总是更喜欢那个看起来比较专业的人.
A: Will my blue suit with a red tie work?
我的蓝西装配一条红领带行吗?
B: Yes. Next make sure that when you meet someone you give him a firm handshake and look him in the eye.可以,其次,要记住当你见到面试考官的时候,跟他握手要用力.而且要直视他的眼睛.
A: Why should I look him in the eye?
为什么我要直视他的眼睛呢?
B:  Direct eye contact reassures the person that you are confident and honest.直视对方的眼睛会使他觉得你很自信而且诚实.
A:I'll make sure to do that, What else?
我肯定做到,还有其他的吗?
B: Always brings a copy of your resume to give out, you never know when they might need and extra, It makes you seems very prepared.
总是多带一份简历,需要时交上去,你永远不知道他们什么时候会额外多要一份,那会让人觉得你是有备而来的.
A: I'll copy some more Tomorrow
我明天就多复印几份.
B:  Finally make sure that you get some information about the company before the interview.
最后确保在面试前了解一些公司的情况.
A: Why?
为什么
B: Because being able to give details about the specific company during the interview makes the employer think that you are interested in working in his company and not just trying to get any job. An employer is more likely to hire someone who seems personally interested in the company.
因为在面试的时候,如果你能够说出这间公司一些细节的东西,雇主会觉得你不是想随便得到一份工作,而是真正对在他们公司的工作感兴趣.雇主更倾向于雇佣那些看起来对他们公司感兴趣的人.
A: That sounds reasonable.
听起来很有道理.
B: I hope this advice helps you out.
我希望这些建议能帮助你.
A: Hopefully,I really want his job I'm interviewing for.
希望吧,我真的想得到我要面试的这份工作.
 

0

阅读 收藏 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有