0350翻译:和时间赛跑(林清玄)
(2016-12-01 06:00:00)
标签:
翻译和时间赛跑林清玄教育 |
分类: 翻译 |
0350翻译:和时间赛跑(林清玄)
Translation: Race With Time (Lin
Qingxuan)
(translated by: alexcwlin; edited by: Adam Lam)
My grandmother passed away when I was going to elementary school.
外祖母生前最疼爱我。
Grandmother loved me the most when she was alive.
我无法排除自己的忧伤,
I couldn’t get over my sorrow.
每天在学校的操场上一圈一圈地跑着,跑得累倒在地上,扑在草坪上痛哭。
Every day I would run around the playground in school one lap after another until I fell to the ground from exhaustion, and then I would cry laying face-down on the grass lawn.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
那哀痛的日子持续了很久,
Those sorrowful days lasted a long time.
爸爸妈妈也不知道如何安慰我。
My parents did not know how to console me.
他们知道与其欺骗我说外祖母睡着了,还不如对我说实话:外祖母永远不会回来了。
Rather than lying to me and saying that my grandmother was asleep, they might as well tell me the truth that grandmother never would come back.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“什么是永远不会回来了呢?”我问。
“What’s never would come back?” I asked.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“所有时间里的事物,都永远不会回来了。
“All matters in time will never come back.
你的昨天过去了,
Your yesterday has passed.
它就永远变成昨天,你再也不能回到昨天了。
It always remained as yesterday and you can never return to yesterday.
爸爸以前和你一样小,现在再也不能回到你这么小的童年了。
Before Dad was little just like you but now I will never be able to return to my childhood as young as you.
有一天你会长大,你也会像外祖母一样老,
One day you will grow up and get old just like grandmother.
有一天你度过了你的所有时间,也会像外祖母一样永远不能回来了。”爸爸说。
And there will be a day when you have passed all your time and can never come back like grandmother,” said Dad.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
爸爸等于给我说了一个谜,这个谜比“一寸光阴一寸金,寸金难买寸光阴”还让我感到可怕,
It was just like Dad told me a riddle, and this riddle made me feel more horrifying than “one inch of time is the equivalent of one inch of gold, and one inch of gold can hardly buy one inch of time.”
比“光阴似箭,日月如梭”更让我有一种说不出的滋味。
Compared with the ex*pression “Time passes fast like an arrow; days and nights disappear quickly like moving spindle shuttles”, I had an indescribable feeling.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
以后,我每天放学回家,在庭院里看着太阳一寸一寸地沉进了山头,就知道一天真的过完了。
Afterwards, every day when I came home from school, I would stand at the courtyard to watch the sun sink down behind the mountain inch by inch and then I knew the day was really over.
虽然明天还会有新的太阳,但永远不会有今天的太阳了。
Even though there would be a new sun tomorrow, yet there would never be today’s sun again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
我看到鸟儿飞到天空,它们飞得多快呀。
I saw birds fly up to the sky and they were going really fast.
明天它们再飞过同样的路线,也永远不是今天了。
Tomorrow they would fly over the same route again but that would never be today.
或许明天飞过这条路线的,不是老鸟,而是小鸟了。
Maybe tomorrow those birds that would be passing through this route would be small birds and not old birds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
时间过得飞快,使我的小心眼里不只是着急,还有悲伤。
Time passed so very fast that my heart was not only anxious but felt saddened.
有一天我放学回家,看到太阳快落山了,
One day after school when I was going home, I saw the sun was about to set behind the mountain.
就下决心说:“我要比太阳更快地回家。”
In a resolution, I said, “I’m going to get home faster than the sun.”
我狂奔回去,
I ran fast with all my might.
站在庭院里喘气的时候,看到太阳还露着半边脸,
When I stood in the courtyard catching my breath, I saw the sun was still showing half of its face.
我高兴地跳起来。
I jumped up in joy.
那一天我跑赢了太阳。
That day I won a race against the sun.
以后我常做这样的游戏,
From that time onwards, I always played a similar game.
有时和太阳赛跑,有时和西北风比赛,
Sometimes I raced against the sun, and other times I was in competition with northwest wind.
有时一个暑假的作业,我十天就做完了。
At times I finished schoolwork for the entire summer in ten days.
那时我三年级,常把哥哥五年级的作业拿来做。
I was in Grade 3 at that time, and I often took homework of my brother in Grade 5 to do.
每一次比赛胜过时间,我就快乐得不知道怎么形容。
Every time in winning a race against time, I would be so happy that I was lost for words in describing how I feel.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
后来的二十年里,我因此受益无穷。
In the twenty years afterwards, I have been greatly benefited because of that.
虽然我知道人永远跑不过时间,但是可以比原来跑快一步,
Even though I know man could never win against time in a race, yet it would be one step faster than what would otherwise be initially.
如果加把劲,有时可以快好几步。
If I try harder, sometimes I could be a few steps ahead.
那几步虽然很小很小,用途却很大很大。
Although those several steps are so very small, their usefulness could be huge.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果将来我有什么要教给我的孩子,我会告诉他:假若你一直和时间赛跑,你就可以成功。
If there is anything in the future I want to teach my child, I would tell him, “If you race against time all along in your life, you will be able to succeed.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
前一篇:0144翻译:小白兔和小灰兔
后一篇:0202翻译:黄山奇石