I was at a Ramadhan-FB-pictures-lead-craving-for-Malaysian-foods phase for couple of weeks. That explains the frequent posting of Malaysian dishes here lately. Here today is yet another typical Malaysian dish, Chicken gizzard in soy sauce.
Chicken gizzard is not a common ingredients in my kitchen,
mainly due to the reason that I have reduced eating organ meat for
a long time. One day when I was shopping for grocery, I saw this
cleaned and packed gizzard and thought to myself, it has been a
long time since I have this.
I bought one packet and made this pedal ayam masak kicap for lunch.
300-350 gm of Chicken Gizzard
2 Bombay onion (1 cut into rings, another one grind into paste)
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced thick
1 red chili, sliced
green chili, cut into half
1 tsp of turmeric powder
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
tsp of chili powder
1-2 tsp of sweet/dark soy sauce
1 tsp of oyster sauce
salt to taste
sugar to taste (depending on sweetness of your dark soy)
300-350 g 鸡胗
2 只中型的洋葱 (一只切圈，一直用搅拌机加点水搅拌成糊。)
1 tsp 姜蒜蓉
2-3 只蒜瓣 切片
1 红辣椒 切片
1 tsp 黄姜粉
1 tbsp 酱油
1-2 tsp 黑酱油/甜酱油
1 tsp 蚝油
1 tsp 芫荽粉
1/2 tsp 孜然粉
1. Wash and clean chicken gizzard thoroughly, pressure cook the gizzard with 1 tsp of turmeric powder and a little salt for 10 minutes or until tender . Drain and set aside.
2. In a cooking pan, heat up 2 tbsp of oil and fry garlic until slightly golden brown, turn the heat down to low and add coriander, cumin powder and chili powder. Give it a quick stir, do not burn the spices, it can be bitter.
3. Pour in onion paste with 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, continue cooking until oil breaks at the side of pan (oil starts showing at the edge of paste).
4. Add the gizzard pieces, stir well and cook for 5 minutes, add
a little water if needed. Season with dark, light soy sauce and
oyster sauce. Adjust the taste with salt if
5. Add green chilies and cook for few minutes, add sliced red chili and onion rings, give it a quick stir before turning off the stove.
Serve with steamed white rice.
2. 在一口锅里热上2 tbsp的食油，把蒜片加入稍微煸炒至金黄色，把火关小，加入芫荽粉，孜然粉和辣椒粉，快速翻炒，不要糊/焦了，糊了的香料会带苦。
3. 把刚刚搅拌好的洋葱糊和1 tsp的姜蒜蓉一起倒入锅里煮至边上泛油。