Fall is harvest time for pumpkin and loofah, it is also the most nutritious time for these two vegetables. I had this Loofah in Pumpkin Sauce during one of the gatherings with friends not long ago and really liked it.
My aunt Lisa sent me a few loofahs from her garden, with the pumpkin I harvest from my front yard, I made this Loofah pumpkin dish at home and it turned out really really nice!
1 根 丝瓜
250 克 南瓜
1 杯 高汤 （或水加一点鸡精粉）
250 g of Kabocha Pumpkin
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Cup of Chicken stock or bone broth （Or 1 cup of water with some bouillon）
Salt to taste
1. Peel and cut loofah into pieces, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a cooking pan, minced garlic, add garlic into wok.
2. Add loofah pieces into pan and stir fry until soft, take the loofah out in a plate.
3. Cut the pumpkin into large pieces, remove seeds and steam the pumpkin for 15-20 minutes until tender.
4. Use a spoon to scrap the cooked pumpkin pulps out and mash the pumpkin flesh using a potato masher.
5. Place the mashed pumpkin and chicken stock in a cooking pan, bring to boil, season with salt and cook until thickened.
6. Take the pumpkin sauce out into a soup bowl/plate, place the cooked loofah on top and serve hot.