加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

有关“道歉,赔礼,谢罪”类的英文词汇

(2010-02-26 10:34:08)
标签:

杂谈

apologize/ apologise [ə'pClədVaiz] v.  道歉;谢罪
—That was an awful thing to say, I think you should apologize.   
     那时很难听的话,我想你应该说道歉。
* apology [ə'pClədVi] n.  道歉;认错
—He muttered a few words of apology and left.     他支支吾吾地道个歉就马上走了。
* to accept sb's apology [[k5sept]  接受某人道歉
—Please accept our simere apologies.    请接受我真诚的道歉。
* to make an apology [5meik]  道歉
—The paper was forced to make a grovelling apology.    该报纸作出卑躬的道歉。
* to owe sb. an apology [[U] 向某人道歉
—I owe you an apology for what I said last night.    我昨晚该向你道歉,真对不起。
* apologetic [[9pCl[5dVetIk] adj.  道歉的;抱歉的
—He wrote her an apologetic letter.    他给她写了一封道歉信。
这些词汇应该知道并且记住:
1. atone [[5t[Un] v.  (文)补过;赎罪
—He wished to atone for the wrong he had done.    他希望为他从前所犯的过错赎罪。
* atone  n.  赔罪
—He sent her some flowers in atonement for his earlier rudeness.   
     他因为自己生前的粗鲁而向她献出花来去赔罪。
2. excuse [Iks5kjU:s] v.  (指为自己的行为失检向对方表示歉意)道歉;原谅某人的过错
—He cannot come this evening, so he asks you to excuse him.
     他今晚不能来, 所以他请你原谅。
—I'll excuse you this time,but try and be prompt in the future.   
    这次我原谅你,但你以后要麻利一些。
* excuse me for living [5lIvIN]   (口)对不起
—A wuss ? Excuse me for living in the real world, okay ?
    胆小?对不起,咱们可是生活在现实世界中,对吗?
* to excuse my French  [5frentF]  (口)原谅我的粗话;原谅我的言辞不恭
—I dropped a hammer on my bloody foot, if you'll excuse my French. 
    我把锤子掉在我那该死的脚上了,请原谅我说了冒犯的话。 
* to pardon my French [5pB:d[n ]   (口)原谅我的粗话;原谅我的言辞不恭
—If I swear during the soccer game, please pardon my French in advance.
    如果我在看比赛过程中骂人了,说脏话了,请原谅我,提前说一声。
* condone [kən'dəun] v.  (指宽恕别人所做的对不起自己的事情)宽恕;原谅
—He condoned his wife's infidelity.    他宽恕了妻子对他的不忠。
—Of course I do not condone this, but come on it's a fucking water bottle. 
    我当然不会原谅这种行为,但是够了吧,那只是一个该死的水瓶罢了。 
* forgive [f[5gIv]  v.  (过去式forgave [f[5geiv];过去分词forgiven [f[5gIv[n];指宽恕他人对
   自己的冒犯)原谅;宽恕
—He for gave his son for leaving home.    他原谅了他儿子离家出走。
* forgiveness [f[5givinis] n.  饶恕;宽恕;原谅
—Her smile implied that the students had had her forgiveness.   
     她的微笑所意味着的是学生们得到了她的原谅。
* to allow for one's sth. [5[5lau]  (指对某人的过错) 原谅        
—Please allow for my ignorance.    请原谅我的无知。
to make allowance for sth. [5meik [5lau[ns]   原谅           
—The boy has certainly done wrong but his father makes allowance for his youth.  
     这男孩确做了错事,但他父亲因他年幼而原谅了他。
* to let sb. off [5let [f]   饶恕
—All right , i'll let you off this time, but never again.    算了,这次饶了你,下不为例。
* overlook [9[Uv[5lUk] v.  (指对某人的过错)原谅;不计较;宽恕
—I'll overlook your mistake this time.    这次我会原谅你的过失。
* venial ['vi:ni[l] adj.  (尤其指罪过或过错不严重的而)可原谅的
—It is a venial sin ,  because you committed it with no intention of acting wrongly.
     这是可恕之罪,因为您的行为并无不良图谋。
4. pardon [5pB:d[n] v. (英;在发出不礼貌的声音如;打嗝等的过后道歉语)对不起
—I hope you will pardon my son's little out burst at dinner.   
    我希望你能够原谅我儿子在晚餐时候耍的坏脾气。
* pardon n.  宽恕
—He prayed for God's pardon for his evil deeds.    他祈祷上帝宽恕他的罪行。
* I beg your pardon  请原谅;对不起
—Oh, I beg your pardon, I thought you meant next Tuesday!   
    哦,对不起,我以为你是指下周二呢!
5. sorry ['sCri] adj.  对不起的;道歉的
—I am sorry, hurt you, please believe that I am not intentionally.
    非常对不起,伤害了你。请相信,我不是有意。
— I am so sorry to say that I do not pass this examination.
    我很抱歉的说我没有通过这次考试。
* sorry  n.  对不起
—  Sorry seems to be the hardest word.     对不起似乎是最难开口的话。
6. regret [ri'gret] v.  (不用于进行时态)对...  感到抱歉
—The management regrets any inconvenience caused to its customer.   
     管理员对给客户造成的不便表示歉意。
* regret n.  抱歉
—They said goodbye with great regret.    他们非常抱歉地说再见。
* to send to one's regret [5send]  (因不能赴会接受邀请等)表示歉意
—My father was ill and had to send his regrets.    我父亲病了所以表示歉意。
* regretfully [rI5gretflI]  adv.  抱歉地
—Regretfully we can not cater for small children or pets.   
     对不起我们不能接待小孩和宠物。
* to feel bad [5fI:l 5bAd]   感到抱歉
—I felt bad about not being able to come last night.    我昨天晚上没能来,非常抱歉。
 这些词汇应该知道,掌握更好:
1. by-you-leave  [5lI:v]  n.  (指未经允许而做某事的道歉)对不起;请勿见怪
—By your leave, I'll shut the door.     对不起,我想把门关上。 
2. to eat humble pie [5I:t5hQmbl 5pai]   (尤指被迫的)赔礼;道歉
—When he realized his mistake, he had to eat humble pie.
    他认识到了自己的错误,只好赔礼道歉。

0

阅读 收藏 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有