《上山》Up - Hill【英】克丽丝汀娜·罗赛蒂

标签:
杂谈 |
分类: 英诗汉译 |
(原诗交韵;拙译以行行一韵到底谐之。-欢迎批评指正!)
Does the road wind up-hill all the way?
上山的路始终曲折蜿蜒?
Yes, to the very end.
是啊,-直到顶巅。
Will the day's journey take the whole long day?
今日的行程要漫长的整天?
From morn to night, my friend.
朋友,-从早到晚。
But is there for the night a resting-place?
但那里可有宿夜的地点?
A roof for when the slow dark hours begin.
天慢慢暗时,会望见屋檐。
May not the darkness hide it from my face?
黑暗会不会挡住我的脸?
You cannot miss that inn.
你不可能错过那家旅店。
Shall I meet other wayfarers at night?
会遇上其他游客么-在这夜间?
Those who have gone before.
那些人动身在前。
Then must I knock, or call when just in sight?
见到旅店时-该叩门还是呼唤?
They will not keep you standing at that door.
不会让你在店门外久站。
Shall I find comfort, travel-sore and weak?
旅途疲累,我可否得以舒缓?
Of labour you shall find the sum.
你会感觉劳顿不堪。
Will there be beds for me and all who seek?
可有床铺供我及众人安眠?
Yea, beds for all who come.
是的,有床位供每位客官。
-by
【附】:徐家祯教授译本-
道路是否弯弯曲曲一直向上走?
今天的旅程是否要用一天时光?
【那么】夜里有没有休息的地点?
黑暗会不会遮住我的视线?
晚上我会不会遇见别的行路人?
看到旅店时我要呼唤还是敲门?
【在那儿】能否让我恢复旅途的辛劳?
我和所有寻求者是否都有一张床?
*
曲折,而又一直向上,直至终点。按照宗教观念,死后进了天国,当然人人都会有
一张可供安息的床铺,还可遇见以前的先行者。原诗采用一问一答的形式。每两个
问句押一韵,每两个答句也押一韵。译诗改为每组问答押同韵。