加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

BE THE BEST OF WHATEVER YOU ARE(英文诗带翻译)

(2008-05-24 14:14:30)
标签:

英语诗

文化

情感

分类: 品诗

Be the best of whatever you are

做最好的自己

by Douglas Malloch道格拉斯.麦洛克

 

If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill,

如果你当不成山巅的一棵劲松,

Be a scrub in the valley---but be

就做山谷里的小树吧---但务必

The best little scrub by the side of the rill;

做溪流边最棒的一棵小树;

Be a bush if you can't be a tree.

当不了树就做一丛灌木,

If you can't be a bush be a bit of the grass---but be

当不成灌木还可以做小草---但务必

The happiest grass by the road.

做路边最快乐的一株小草

If you can't be a muskie then just be a bass---

如果你不是大梭鱼就做一尾鲈鱼吧,

But the liveliest bass in the lake!

但要做湖里最活泼的小鲈鱼!

 

We can't all be captains,we've got to be crew,

我们不能都做船长,必须有人当船员,

There's something for all of us here ,

可每个人都有自己的事儿,

There's big work to do,and there's lesser to do,

有的事情大,有的事情小,

And the task you must do is the near.

而你要完成的任务就 近在咫尺.

 

If you can't be a highway then just be a trail,

如果你不能做大道就做一条小径,

If you can't be the sun be a star;

若是不能做太阳就做星星;

It isn't by size that you win or you fail---

决定成败的不是你的大小---

Be the best of whatever you are!

只要你做最好的自己!

 

这是一首我很喜欢的英文诗,刚刚教给我的学生们背了希望他们能理解其中深意

0

阅读 收藏 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有