程阳:美国新泽西彩票私有化合同将获批准

标签:
程阳彩票博彩美国新泽西彩票私有化lotteryprivatization财经 |
分类: 彩业动态 |
程阳:美国新泽西彩票私有化合同将获批准
NJ To Award Lottery Privatization Contract
新泽西彩票私有化合同将获批准
April 13, 2013 7:47 AM
http://nj1015.com/nj-to-award-lottery-privatization-contract/
New Jersey’s Treasury Department plans to award a sales and marketing contract for the state lottery to a private company.
新泽西州财政厅计划把新泽西彩票的销售与营销合同给予私营公司。
Treasury officials announced Friday a “notice of intent to award” a 15-year contract to Northstar New Jersey Lottery Group.
财政厅说该15年的合同授权将给北极星新泽西彩票集团公司。
Chris Christie, Governor Of New Jersey - Image Results
The Treasury Department says Northstar has agreed to pay $120 million to the state upon the execution of the contract, and commited to generating at least $1.42 billion of total additional net income for the state from the contract.
如果合同执行,北极星公司将支付1.2亿美元的履约保证金,以确保彩票为新泽西州新增贡献最少14.2亿美元。
New Jersey has the nation’s eighth largest state lottery. The lottery grossed $2.8 billion in revenue last year.
新泽西彩票是全美第8大机构,2012财政年度毛收益28亿美元。
Northstar NJ is a joint venture consisting of GTECH Corporation of Providence, R.I., Scientific Games International of Alpharetta, Georgia, and OSI LTT NJ Holdings, a unit of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS).
北极星新泽西彩票集团是吉泰克、科学游戏国际等几个公司的合资公司。
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
N.J. rejects union protest of lottery privatization, allowing contract to advance
新泽西州不顾工会抗议允许彩票私有化
Tuesday, May 21,
2013
http://www.northjersey.com/news/NJ_rejects_union_protest_of_lottery_privatization_allowing_contract_to_advance.html?c=y&page=1
New Jersey rejected a formal protest filed against its decision to privatize part of the state lottery, officials said Tuesday.
The decision removes the final barrier that had prevented Northstar New Jersey — the joint venture trying to operate the lottery — from signing a 15-year contract with the state.
The protest was filed last month by the Communications Workers of America, a union representing many lottery employees. It argued that privatization violated state law, an upfront payment included in the agreement broke federal law and the contract represented “willful ignorance” of problems that emerged in Illinois when that state tried a similar plan.
Under the contract, potentially worth billions of dollars, Northstar will operate the lottery’s sales and marketing functions for 15 years. It agreed to pay New Jersey $120 million upfront and promised to increase lottery profits by a total of at least $1.42 billion over the life of the contract. The joint venture — which is made up of lottery operators GTECH and Scientific Games along with the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System — will take a percentage of lottery revenue if it beats its profit targets and will pay the state penalties if it misses those targets.
In its decision rejecting the union’s protest, the state emphasized that it will retain ownership of the lottery, so the contract does not violate a New Jersey law requiring the state own the lottery.
The agreement with Northstar is “no different from the many contracts awarded by the division on behalf of the lottery over the years,” the decision said.
The document was signed by Jignasa Desai-McCleary, director of the state Treasury’s Division of Purchase and Property — the same organization that negotiated with Northstar and reached the agreement.
Desai-McCleary also dismissed the union’s argument that New Jersey ignored problems with Illinois’ lottery privatization plan.
“The division did in fact review and consider the circumstances surrounding Illinois’ lottery management contract and noted a significant increase in revenue for the state of Illinois as a result of that procurement,” the decision said.
Now that New Jersey has rejected the union’s protest, Northstar will be able to sign the contract in the coming days, although the exact timeline is unclear.
“No date has been set at this point, but we expect it will be soon,” Treasury spokesman Bill Quinn said.
The union plans to appeal the state’s decision, but representatives did not know where or when they would file the appeal.
The CWA has endorsed state Sen. Barbara Buono, a Middlesex County Democrat who hopes to challenge Governor Christie in November’s election.