加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

关于读书的对话

(2008-03-13 01:41:29)
标签:

英语教学

文化

 

a dialogue on reading books

关于读书的对话

 

 

A: what are you reading, Susan?

你在看什么书,苏珊?

B: I am reading one of shakespeare’s palys.

我在看沙士比亚的一部戏剧。

A: Would you tell me which play?

能告诉我是哪一部吗?

B: the Merchant of Venice.

《威尼斯商人》。

A: is it one of his four tragedies?

是他的四大悲剧之一吗?

B: no, one of his comedies. Are you serious or kidding me?

不,是他的喜剧之一。你是真不知道还是在捉弄我?

A: no, neither. I want to make you assumed and I can enjoy a hearty laugh.

都不是,我想让你开心,那我就可以开怀一笑了。

B: I can’t think of anything more enjoyable than reading.

我想不出有什么比看书更让我开心了。

A: You must have read it many times.

这个剧你已经看过多遍了吗?

B: you are right. But a book is the same today as it always was and it will never change. A book that remains shut is but a book.

你说得对。但是好书千载常新。放着不看的书不过是一块木头。

A: all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

只干不玩的孩子会变呆。(言下之意是你要注意劳逸结合)

B: do you like reading books?

你喜欢看书吗?

A: yes, but it is difficult for me to read in english.

喜欢,但是对我来说,看英文书太困难了。

B: all things are difficult before they are easy. Reading can be fun if you really get into it.

万事开头难。读书真的读进去才会有意思。

A: don’t you like reading other books besides literary works?

除了文学作品,你不喜欢看别的书了吗?

B: yes, I spent most of my leisure time reading books on a variety of subjects. I want to make full of every minute.

喜欢,我大部分业余时间都用来看各种书籍,我要充分利用每一分钟。

A: I seems that I always run out of time. That is the problem.

好象我总是没时间,问题就在这儿。

B: the way to solve that problem is to set up a certain hour every day to read english books in the original.

解决问题的方法就是每天规定一定的时间来阅读英语原版书。

A: have you read lots of novels in the english original since you came to America?

你来美国以后已经阅读了许多原版的书籍吧?

B:yes. I’ve read lots ot novels in the english original.

是的,我已经看了很多英文原版小说了。

A:it seems everything is easy for you.

好像你做什么都容易。

B: all things are easy that are done willingly. I suggest you try the method to improve your english. Do you agree?

只要你有心去做,什么事都容易。我建议你试试这种方法来提高你的英文水平,你赞同吗?

A: yes, but we have to take out time to watch TV to improve our listening.

赞同,可是我们得抽时间看电视来提高我们的听力。

B: you should mix with americans and communicate with them whenever you have time.

你有时间就应该到美国人中去,和他们进行交流。

A:are we having a party or seminar here?

我们是在聚会呢还是在开研讨会?

B: neither, we are enjoying each other’s favorite dish, each having its flavor.

都不是,我们是在分享彼此的心得,各有千秋啊!

0

阅读 收藏 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有