加载中…
个人资料
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:
  • 博客访问:
  • 关注人气:
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
正文 字体大小:

爱伦.坡《乌鸦》译文

(2015-06-13 01:18:02)
标签:

文化

爱伦坡

敲门声

译文

乌鸦

分类: 诗歌

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary, 

那是个无聊的夜晚,我正在慵懒中神游,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, 

许多被遗忘的传说古怪离奇地充满了脑海。

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, 
随后瞌睡袭来,我即将睡去,忽然有声音传来,

As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. 
像是有人轻叩,轻叩着我的房门 

'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door '- 
“是谁来访”,我低声问道,“哪位敲门”——

Only this, and nothing more.

敲门声继续。

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December, 
哦,十二月的寒冷令我记忆深刻,

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor. 

地板上倒映着一簇簇炉火余烬的幽光。

Eagerly I wished the morrow
- vainly I had sought to borrow 
本想假以时日——却又一切徒然,

From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore - 
自从失去了你丽诺尔——我就用读书排解哀伤。

For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore - 
那个明媚的少女,天使丽诺尔——

Nameless here for evermore. 
就在此屋中永别。

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain 

阴影在丝绸上滑动,紫色窗帘在簌簌颤抖,

Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before; 
莫名的恐惧忽然占据了身心——令我悚然,

So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating 
我心跳不止,我坐立不安。


Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door - 
是谁在门外?


Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; - 
是谁想进来?

This it is, and nothing more,' 
敲门声在固执地继续。

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer, 
我不再犹豫,鼓起了勇气,

`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore; 
请原谅,先生或夫人,

But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping, 
刚才我正小睡,而你的敲门又那么轻微,

And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door, 
这么轻微地敲门, 

That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; - 
使我听到的并不真切”——说着我打开了房门。

Darkness there, and nothing more. 
唯有黑夜,不见其它。

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, 
我惊惧伫立,凝望那沉沉夜色,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before 
像是以前的恶梦重现却又似梦非梦。

But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token, 
无边的寂静,黑暗吞噬了所有踪迹,

And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!' 
似有一个声音在窃窃私语,丽诺尔!

This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!' 
我也喃喃回复了那个名字, 丽诺尔!

Merely this and nothing more. 
就是这样再无其他。

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning, 
我转回屋内,心灵倍受煎熬,

Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before. 
随后叩击声再响,而且更清晰。

`Surely,' said I, `surely that is something at my window lattice; 
这次的声音来自窗棂,

Let me see then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore

让我去看看,是什么在搞鬼,

Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;
要镇定情绪去把它揭穿——

'Tis the wind and nothing more!' 
除了风还能是什么!

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter, 
我心跳加速,猛推开窗户,

In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore. 
有一只乌鸦踱步进来带有那种老派的庄严。

Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he; 
没有丝毫的致意,也未做片刻停留 

But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door - 
以一种高贵的风度停在了门楣——

Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door - 
那尊雅典娜的半身雕像上面 ——

Perched, and sat, and nothing more. 
栖坐在那儿,就是这样。

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling, 
那黑色的鸟在我的哀伤中诡异微笑 

By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore, 
又不失庄重威严的仪表。

`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven. 

我说, 秃光的冠毛说明你勇于担当。

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore - 
你这只阴森年迈的乌鸦是否来自长夜的彼岸 ——

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!' 
请告知你阴间的尊姓大名!” 

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' 
乌鸦答 万劫不复 

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly, 
这丑陋家伙的直白令我惊诧,


Though its answer little meaning - little relevancy bore; 
看似答非所问——不着边际,

For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being 
可我们又有哪个活人见过,

Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door - 
能有幸看到那鸟儿停留在他房间的门上——

Bird or beast above the sculptured bust above his chamber door, 

房门的半身雕像之上这似鸟似兽的家伙,

With such name as `Nevermore.' 
恰如其名万劫不复。” 

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only, 
那乌鸦独坐在肃穆的雕像上,只说了,

That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour. 
仅此一句,仿佛出自它的灵魂。

Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered - 
然后便不再发声——连羽毛都不抖动一下——

Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before - 
直到我悄声自语 那些友人早已零落——

On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before.' 
早晨它也将离开,如我的希望般远去。” 


Then the bird said, `Nevermore.' 
这时它说 万劫不复。” 

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken, 
这赤裸裸地回答惊破沉寂,

`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store, 
“够了,”我说, “为什么你对此喋喋不休?”

Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster 
它并不在意主人的不快,残酷且无情,

Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore - 
还是重复着那个恼人的字句——

Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore 
那不断地重复有如挽歌,

Of "Never-nevermore."' 
“万劫不复。”

But the raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling, 
我沉浸在悲伤中那乌鸦却似乎在微笑 

Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door; 
我索性转过椅子面对着门雕上的它。

Then, upon the velvet sinking, I be took myself to linking 
在那丝绒的椅垫上 我缩卷起自己的身体,

Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore - 
浮想联翩,揣摩着这晦气鸟儿的来历——

What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore 
这只阴郁、丑陋、病态、不祥的古老之鸟啊,

Meant in croaking `Nevermore.' 
为何只言 万劫不复。” 

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing 
我全神贯注,也不说话,

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core; 
那禽类目光如炬烧灼着我的内心深处。

This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining 
我头脑里满都是那痴迷的幻想,

On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er, 
灯光照射在丝绒之上,

But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er, 
紫色的丝绒上灯光闪烁,

She shall press, ah, nevermore! 
她将重归,呵,万劫不复!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer 
无形的香炉让空气渐渐充满了浓香,


Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor. 
天使撒拉弗的脚步在拼花的地板上叮当作响。

`Wretch,' I cried, `thy God hath lent thee - by these angels he has sent thee 
“不幸的人啊,”我喊道,他与它难道都是你的上帝派来的天使么?”

Respite - respite and nepenthe from thy memories of Lenore! 
“镇定、镇定,这忘忧药能抹去你记忆深处的丽诺尔,

Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Lenore!' 
喝吧,噢喝干这仁慈的忘忧药,彻底忘掉丽诺尔!”


Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' 
乌鸦说 万劫不复。” 

Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! - 
先知! 我说, 噩兆!——沉默的先知,你是鸟还是魔鬼——


Whether tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore, 
是谁诱使你来此,还是暴风暴雨把你吹来此岸 

Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted - 
孤独又无所敬畏,这里是被诅咒过的地方——

On this home by horror haunted - tell me truly, I implore - 
求你告诉我——这个家是在闹鬼么?

Is there - is there balm in Gilead? - tell me - tell me, I implore!' 

 

求你告诉我、告诉我——在Gilead能不能、能不能得到抚慰?“ 

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' 
乌鸦说 万劫不复。” 

`Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil! 
先知! 我说, 噩兆!——沉默的先知,你是鸟还是魔鬼!

By that Heaven that bends above us - by that God we both adore - 
以在上的苍穹以及我们——都崇拜的上帝的名义

Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn, 
能否告诉这个极度悲伤的灵魂,在那遥远的Aidenn

It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels named Lenore - 
可有个少女到天堂,她宁馨的名字丽诺尔——

Clasp a rare and radiant maiden, whom the angels named Lenore?' 
圣洁又美丽,她宁馨的名字丽诺尔?” 

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' 
乌鸦说 万劫不复。” 

`Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!' I shrieked upstarting - 
不论你是鸟还是魔鬼,就让这话成为我们的告别之辞吧! 我突然叫道 ——

`Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore! 
回你那风暴与长夜的阴间彼岸去!


Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken! 
带着那黑色羽毛,它是你一贯说谎的象征! 

Leave my loneliness unbroken! - quit the bust above my door!
离开我无尽的孤独!离开我门上的雕像! 


Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' 

真心希望你这丑陋的样子和乌鸦嘴,从我的门上离开!

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' 
乌鸦说 万劫不复。” 


And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting 
那家伙无意离开,稳坐不动,稳坐不动,

On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door; 
在我房门白色的雅典娜半身雕像之上,

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming, 
它的目光无所不在如同梦魇,

And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor; 
灯光把它朦胧的阴影投射在地板 

And my soul from out that shadow that lies lies on the floor 
而我的灵魂也将跟从那地板上阴影幻象,


Shall be lifted - nevermore! 
一同飞去——万劫不复!

(初译还很粗糙,等有时间再完成“译写”吧。2015年7月15日)

0

阅读 收藏 喜欢 打印举报/Report
前一篇:今天下午的云
后一篇:2015年06月14日
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有