1. (1) Mr. Smith did all he could _____ his family’s living standard.
(2) Mr. Wang made up his mind to devote all he could _______ his oral English before going abroad.
(3) He couldn’t believe that such a little boy could _____ his English with so little time.
A. improve B. to improve C. improving D. to improving
2. (1) He was very careless, so I am afraid he _____ your umbrella by mistake yesterday.
(2) Everything he ______ away from him before he returned to his hometown.
(3) Everything ______ away from him before he returned to his hometown.
A. took B. had been taken C. had had been taken D. had taken
3. (1) Before he went abroad, he looked forward ______ English as much as possible.
(2) Before he went abroad, he spent as much time as he ______ English.
(3) As their English teacher had gone back America, so as a result, they stayed only ______ French.
1.(2002全国高考题)—You haven’t said a word about my new coat，Brenda, Do you like it?
—I’m sorry I ________ anything about it sooner. I certainly
think it’s pretty on you.
A. wasn’t saying
2.(2002全国高考题)I wonder why Jenny ________us recently. We should have heard from her by now.
A. hasn’t written
3.(2003北京春季高考题)—When will you come to see me，Dad?
—I will go to see you when you ________ the training course.
A. will have finished