Steps in Selecting Asia WF Teams
To: Asia Council members 2015&2016:
From: Asia Director
I am as eager as you are to see the 2016 WF teams announced soon.
The steps to get the WF teams selected are as follows (based on 2015 Asia Rules.):
1. Create the Excel Spread sheet using 2015 Asia Rules.
2. Plug 2014 data obtained from HQ System Analyst into Excel Spreadsheet to get number of participation slots for each sub-region.
3. Wait for completion of official rankings for all 2015 Asia Regional sites.
4. Have the System Analyst of ICPC headquarter to take the reading of all 2015 Asia regional sites registration and all Provincial/National and Standalone sites participation.
5. Plug 2015 Asia Regional registration data obtained from the item 4 into the spreadsheet to get Contest Site Scores for each of the Asia 2015 regional sites using 2015 Asia Rules .
6. Inform 2015 Contest Site Scores to WC sub-region standing committee to obtain the Revised Contest Site Scores for WC sub-region. (No need for EC and PP sub-regions.)
7. Select 2016 WF teams for each sub-region based on the special resolutions adopted by each sub-region using the 2015 teams ranking in each contest site.
8. Have the final teams selection to be reviewed by standing committee of each sub-region and to be approved by ICPC HQ and by ICPC Executive Director.
9. Post list of teams in Asia blog and teams be advanced to WF by HQ manager.
Note 1 for the step 3 :
The standings of the last two un-ranked Asia sites were just completed on Jan 1 and Jan 3.
Note 2 for the step 4 - now:
We are currently in step 4. As soon as I receive the reading report of step 4, the rest of steps should be very quick. Please wait for a few more days.
Note 3 that the provincial/national contests do contribute to the Asia Site scores. It will count only those contests with the ranking completed. The provincial contest will be counted as zero if the ranking is not done. Please ask those Provincial/National Directors to complete official rankings of provincial/national contests before the step 4 is read.