Application Procedures to host a Programming Contest in
Please study ACM-ICPC 2016 Asia Specific Regional Rules thoroughly: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_b946da100102vylk.html
A. Application Requirements For Hosting Asia Regional Contest as RCD (Regional Contest Director.).
I. Requirements For new RCD applicants.
(a) The new RCD must meet the following requirements:
1. The new RCD applicant must send to Asia Director a personal letter (or e-mail) of application from his university e-mail account. (Official application form will be done later.) To ensure the applicant is a member of university faculty, non-university e-mail account is not acceptable.
2. The new RCD must have a letter of support from his/her supervisor (School Dean) from university e-mail account. If the supervisor (School Deans) of the applicants can meet Asia Director, the application will be in higher priority.
3. The new RCD must have hosted a national/provincial/ invitational contest before hosting the Asia contest one year in advance (same calendar year may be acceptable.)
4. The new RCD must have brought a team to participate at least one Asia Regional contest in the year before.
5. Send application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Verification and approval for the new RCD applications.
1. Qualification and verification may be done by any of the following:
A recommendation from Committee Chair or member in the Asia Council or a verification by viewing the university web site to confirm the credential of the applicant.
2. After verification, the new application will be tentatively approved and informed the year of hosting in the list or in the wait list.
3. In a later date, an official application form will be sent to the RCD applicants from Asia Director to be completed. The additional Integrity confirmation form and Sponsorship compliance form will need to be completed also in a later date.
4. All Asia Regional host universities and the associated RCD’s are determined during October - December of the year before the Asia Regional Contests which are in the Fall of the following year.
II. Requirements For renewed or Continuing RCD applications.
All or part of the above requirements in (I) may be waived for the renewed or continuing RCD candidates.
B. Application Requirements for Provincial/Invitational/National (non-Asia host) contests (PC).
I. The new Provincial Contest Director (PCD) must meet the following requirements:
1. The new PCD applicants must send to Asia Provincial Contest Coordinator a personal letter (or e-mail) of the application from his university e-mail account. (Official application form will be done later.) To ensure the applicant is a member of university faculty, non-university e-mail account is not acceptable.
2. The new PCD must have a letter of support from his/her supervisor (School Dean) from university e-mail account.
3. Verification and approval procedures are similar to the above.
4. Hosting provincial contests can be determined between February and August of each year. Usually there are no wait list.
5. Send application to AsiaProvincial Contests Coordinator: AsiaProvincial@gmail.com
II. Requirements For renewed or continuing PCD applicants.
All or part of the above requirements in (I) may be waived for the renewed or continuing PCD applicants
C. 2016 Asia Regional Host Universities: