加载中…
个人资料
arzjvhtf9419
arzjvhtf9419
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:1,800
  • 关注人气:0
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
正文 字体大小:

Pakistani troops kill two jawans and behead one of 

(2013-01-09 07:40:11)
标签:

杂谈

From Daily Mail on Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:30:13

By Naseer Ganai

PUBLISHED: 18:28 EST, 8 January 2013 | UPDATED: 18:28 EST, 8 January 2013

In a brazen attack, Pakistani troops on Tuesday crossed the Line of Control (LoC) and killed two soldiers at Sona Gali in Mendhar sector of Rajouri district, some 220 km north of Jammu.

And what was more disturbing was that the intruders, while escaping under a thick blanket of fog, left behind the mutilated corpse of an Indian soldier.

Lance Naik Hemraj and Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh were killed in the attack, which seemed to be an attempt to destabilise the decade-old ceasefire and dislodge the peace process.

Defence Minister A K Antony
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh

Defence Minister A. K. Antony and PM Manmohan Singh were quickly briefed on the shocking attack 

India termed it as a grave act of provocation. A defence ministry statement said: "The Government of India considers the incident as a provocative action and we condemn it. The DGMOs (director-general of military operations) of the two countries are in touch over it. The government will take up the incident with the Pakistan government. We expect Islamabad to honour the ceasefire agreement strictly." 

FLASHPOINT

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was briefed about the incident in Kochi, where he was attending the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, after which the DGMO was asked to contact his counterpart in Pakistan.

Defence minister A.K. Antony was informed in the afternoon, soon after the incident took place at around 11am. Lt Col Rajesh Kalia, defence spokesman of the Northern Command, said: "Pakistan Army troops, taking advantage of thick fog and mist in the forest area, were moving towards our posts when an area domination patrol spotted and engaged the intruders." 

He said the Pakistani soldiers retreated after half an hour of gun-fighting, but not before killing two soldiers and beheading one of them.

Reacting to the incident, Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah tweeted: "Violation of the ceasefire is bad enough, to resort to mutilating soldiers is unacceptable in any civilised society. Clearly someone up the chain of command wants to do everything to derail any dialogue between the two countries."

He went on to add: "That having been said, ceasefire must hold else infiltration will shoot up manifold under cover provided by firing."

The ceasefire agreement between India and Pakistan has been in force since November 26, 2003. Jammu and Kashmir Police sources said the border action team (BAT) of the Pakistan Army was involved in the Mendhar incident.

The attack is being seen as retaliation to the killing of a Pakistani soldier on Sunday. Pakistan had alleged that Indian troops had crossed the LoC and stormed one of its checkposts in the Haji Pir sector, a charge denied by India.

The raid by the Pakistan troops on Tuesday was a chilling reminder of the brutality witnessed during the Kargil conflict, when Captain Saurabh Kalia was held captive, tortured and his body mutilated. The officer's father N.K. Kalia wants the Pakistani Army to be tried for war crimes.

Indian Army sources said that over the last month, the Pakistani Army has violated the ceasefire agreement nearly a dozen times.

Most of the firing incidents were in Rajouri in Jammu and Uri and Keran sectors in Kashmir to help infiltration attempts, the army said.

Sources said there were more than 80 ceasefire violations in 2012, which was also the worst in terms of seriousness as it had resulted in around 10 casualties.

Działoszyński: nie ma pomysłów, by odwoływać szefa CBŚ by Rzeczpospolita on Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:21:02

Unhappy Christmas for retailers by The Independent on Mon, 07 Jan 2013 16:44:27

DRC neutral force may be merged with UN mission: AU by AFP on Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:30:00

Venezuela's Chavez To Miss His Inauguration : NPR by NPR (blog) on Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:56:24

For Nominees, Doubts About War Born in Vietnam by New York Times on Tue, 08 Jan 2013 13:51:45

Back Home

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有