加载中…
个人资料
新乡外贸罗曼
新乡外贸罗曼
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:89,259
  • 关注人气:65
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

绝望的主妇 第二季 第二集

(2011-12-14 17:30:14)
标签:

绝望的主妇

第二季

第二集

杂谈

分类: 绝望的主妇

Previously on Desperate Housewives…
preivousely: 以前 desperate: 绝望的 housewives: 家庭主妇
-Lynette: Why on earth would you let them finger paint before breakfast?
on earth: 究竟 finger: 手指 paint: 绘画
你怎么让他们没吃早饭就玩手指画。
-Tom: It's my job to clean that up, so it's my call.
clean up: 清理,收拾干净
既然是我来管家务了,该我说了算。
-Mary Alice: Some households reversed roles.
household: 家庭 reverse: 颠倒 role: 角色
一些家庭改变了规矩。
-Karl: Let's give this another shot.
shot: 一击   shot: 射,击
让我们再试一次吧!
-Mary Alice: Some old flames...
flame: 火焰
一些曾经的激情…
-Susan: You want me back?
你想和我重新开始?
-Karl: Yeah.
是的。
-Mary Alice:were put out.
put out: 扑灭
消逝了。
-Psychiatrist: It has to be something you’re ingesting.Who prepares your meals?
ingest: 摄入 prepare:准备
肯定是你服用了什么东西。你的三餐都是谁做的?
I understand you've been having some marital problems.
marital: 婚姻的
据我所知,你的婚姻有些困难。
-Mary Alice: And while some learn to forgive...
forgive: 原谅
而在一些人学着去原谅的时候...
-Mike: Deirdre got pregnant before I went to jail.
pregnant: 怀孕的 go to jail: 入狱 jail: 监狱
Deirdre在我入狱前就怀孕了。
-Susan: Zach is your son, isn’t he?
Zach是你的儿子,对不对?
-Mike: Yep.
yep:【美国口语】是,是的(肯定的回答)
是的。
-Mary Alice:Others could not bring themselves to forget their past.
bring to: 以(某种态度等)看待(或处理)某事 forget: 忘记 past: 过去
另外一些人却难以忘却自己的过去。
The remarkable thing about Danny Farrell was that he had only been a paperboy for six month. remarkable: 显著的 paperboy: 报童
关于Danny Farrell众所周知的一点,就是他做报童才做6个月,
and in that time, he had become the enemy of every woman on Wisteria Lane
enemy: 敌人 
而就在这短短时间里,他已经成了Wisteria Lane所有女性的公敌。
If there was a puddle on someone's property...he found it.
puddle: 地上积水 property: 花园住宅。
如果谁家的院子里有一滩水,定会被他砸中。
If a new rose bush had just been planted…he destroyed it.
bush: 灌木 plant: 种植 destroy: 破坏
如果有一丛新栽的玫瑰,定会被他摧毁。
If a cat was enjoying a moment in the sun...he ended it.
enjoy: 享受 moment: 时刻 in the sun: 在阳光下 end: 结束
如果是一只猫在享受日光浴,定会被他结束。
People wondered if Danny would ever change.They should have talked to Susan Mayer.
wonder: 对…感到疑惑 change: 改变
人们都在想Danny还会不会长进。如果你问Susan Mayer。
She could have told them: obnoxious boys tend to become obnoxious men.
obnoxious: 可憎的,讨厌的 tend to: 趋向于
她会说...讨厌的小子长大了就是讨厌的男人。
Just like the one she had been married to.
marry: 结婚
就好比...她嫁过的那位。
-Susan:Hey! Karl, I see you. Just stop right there!
嘿!Karl,我看见你了!给我站住。
-Karl: Hey, Susie Q.
嘿,Susie小可爱。
-Susan: What are you doing?
你在干什么?
-Karl: Just getting the paper.
我出来取报纸。
-Susan: That's Edie's paper, and this is Edie's house!
这是Edie的报纸,而那是Edie房子。
-Karl: Do we have to do this now? I haven't had my coffee yet.
coffee: 咖啡
我们非得现在说这个不可吗?我还要回去喝咖啡呢!
-Susan: Did you spend the night with Edie? Oh, my god!
spend with: 与某人度过
你昨晚和Edie过的夜?哦,我的天。
-Karl: Susie, just calm down.
calm down: 冷静下来 calm: 沉着的,平静的
Susie,冷静点。
-Susan: You are forbidden from ever seeing her again. Do you hear me? Forbidden!
forbide: 禁止
我禁止你再去找她,听懂了吗?禁止!
-Karl: We're divorced. You can't tell me who I can date.
divorce: 离婚 date: 约会
我们离婚了。你不能约束我和谁约会。
-Susan: I live on this street. Your daughter lives on this street.
可我就住在这条街上。你女儿就住在这条街上。
I will not have you flaunting your sexcapades in front of us.
flaunt: 炫耀,夸耀 sexcapade: 混乱的私生活 in front of: 在…之前
我不能让你在我们面前炫耀你那乱七八糟的私生活。
-Karl: "Sexcapades?"
乱七八糟的私生活?
-Susan: "Forbidden!"
禁止!
-Karl: I, I, I would love to continue this, but it's time for breakfast, and Edie is making me a frittata.
continue: 继续 frittata: 菜肉馅煎蛋饼
我很乐意和你继续讨论,可现在我该吃早饭了,而且Edie正在为我做肉馅蛋饼。
-Susan: Well, I just bet she is!
bet: 确信
哦!那...我祝她做得愉快。
-Danny:Mrs. Mayer, I gotta talk to you!
gotta(=have got to)必须
Mayer女士,我必须和你谈谈。
-Susan: Oh, now is not a good time, Danny.
哦,现在我没时间,Danny。
-Danny: You're a month behind in your payments.
behind: 迟于,比…晚 payment: 支付
你有一个月没交报纸钱了。
-Susan: I'll take care of it, I promise.
take cake of: 处理  promise: 保证,承诺
我会补上的,我答应你。
-Danny: My dad says, if you read something and don't pay for it, that's the same as stealing.
pay for: 为…支付 steal: 偷窃
我爸爸说了,如果你享用了你没有购买的东西,这和盗窃没有差别。
-Susan: Hi, Ida. Can we talk about this later?
你好,Ida。我们能不能过会儿再说这个?
I just found out my ex is dating my neighbor, and I'm really ticked off.
ex: (某人的)已离婚的配偶,已离婚的丈夫(或妻子) date: 约会 neighbor: 邻居 tick off: 【美国口语】使…生气,使恼火 tick: 赊销(滴答响,记以小点)
我刚刚发现,我的前夫和我的邻居勾搭上了。我现在正在气头上。
-Danny: Save it! I provide you a service, and I deserve to be paid for that service.
deserve: 应得,应受
少来了!我给你提供了服务,而你应该为我的服务付出报酬。
-Mary Alice: Yes, the women of Wisteria Lane believe Danny Farrell to be the enemy.
是的,Wisteria Lane的女人们都把Danny Farrell当作敌人...
-Danny: "Deadbeat!"
deadbeat: 赖账不还的人
赖帐的人!
-Mary Alice: They also believed the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
她们同时也相信,敌人的敌人就是朋友。
Beautiful lawns, spacious homes, happy families.
lawn: 草坪 spacious: 宽阔的
漂亮的草坪,华丽的豪宅,幸福的家庭。
These are the hallmarks of suburbia. But if you look beneath the veneer of gracious living...
hallmark: 特点,标志 suburbia: 郊区 beneath: 在…掩饰下 veneer: 虚假的外表,虚饰 gracious: 华美的 living: 生活,(特定)生活方式
这些都是郊区居民的特点。但如果你仔细观察这祥和表象的背后,总会发现有争斗在延续...
You will see a battle raging, a battle for control.
battle: 战斗 rage: 风行 control: 控制
为争夺控制权的争斗。
You see the combatants everywhere, engaged in their routine skirmishes...
combatant: 斗争者 engage in: 忙于 routine: 日常的 skirmish: 小冲突
你会发现随处都有斗争者,在一切日常的冲突中...
Fighting fiercely to have dominion over the world around them all the while knowing...it's a battle they
will lose.
fight: 斗争 fiercely: 猛烈地   dominion: 统治权 all the while: 一直,始终 battle: 战斗 lose: 失败
激烈的对抗以求得对周边环境的控制,即使他们知道,他们肯定会输掉。
-Tom:Oh, hey, honey, um, just stick that anywhere. I'll take care of it.
honey: 亲爱的 stick: 放置 anywhere: 无论何处 take care of: 对付,处理
哦,亲爱的,你可以随便放在什么地方。我会收拾的。
-Lynette: Wow. It's really piling up.
pile up: 堆积
堆积这么多了。
-Tom: Oh, uh, don't worry. I have a system.
system: 方式,方法
哦,别担心。我自有处置方案。
-Lynette: Really?
真的?
-Tom: Yeah, every two days, I clean.
是的,每两天,我打扫一次。
-Lynette: Two days.
两天。
-Tom: Yeah, I let the mess accumulate for two days, and then I clean until it's sparkling, and then, uh, the cycle starts all over again.
mess: 杂乱,脏东西 accumulate: 堆积,积累 sparkling: 洁净的,闪闪发光的 cycle: 循环 all over again: 再一次,重新
是的,我让这团乱麻先堆积两天,然后我再把它收拾得白净到发亮,然后整个循环继续。
-Lynette: And why have I never seen the sparkling part?
part: 部分
那怎么...我没看见循环中“发亮”的环节?
-Tom: Well, because by the time you get home from work, the boys have messed everything up again.
by the time: 到…为止 mess up: 弄糟,弄乱
因为你回家之前,这些小子就把所有东西都弄乱了。
-Lynette:See, that's what I would call a flaw in the system.
flaw: 缺口,瑕疵
瞧?这就是我所说的方案的缺陷。
-Tom: What are you doing?
你在干什么?
-Lynette: I think I'm asking you to clean the house.
ask: 要求
我以为我在要求你把屋子打扫干净。
-Tom: Really? Because it sounds to me like you're criticizing me.
sound: 听起来 criticize: 批评
真的吗?因为在我看来,你在批评我。
-Lynette: No. No, no, no, no. No. I'm not saying it has to be sparkling.
sparkling: 闪闪发光的
不。不,不,不对,没有。我没有说必须要白净到发亮。
-Tom: How many times did I come home to a mess and I never said a word?
多少次我回到家看见一团糟,我可没说一句话。
-Lynette: Please, don't take this the wrong way. I think you are doing a terrific job, but let's be clear.
terrific: 极好的 clear: 清楚的
别,千万别误会我的意思。我觉得你的活儿干得很出色,但我们说明白好了。
-Tom: When you came home,it was to clutter.
clutter: 弄乱
你回来的时候,家里是有些乱糟糟。
-Lynette: I mean, come on,this is...more than that.
come on: 拜托
我是说,但是,这些...可不只乱糟糟。
-Phyllis: Look at him, just chatting away. So inconsiderate.
chat away: 闲谈 chat: 聊天 inconciderate: 不顾别人的
你看他,总是和顾客聊天。一点也不考虑后面的顾客。
-Bree: Phyllis, we’ve only been waiting here for two minutes.
Phyllis,我们才等了两分钟。
-Phyllis: I told you when we left the house that I needed to eat. I have low blood sugar.
blood suger: 血糖
我们出来之前我就说了我要吃点东西。我有低血糖。
Do you wanna see me keel over?
wanna=want to: 想要 keel over: 使…晕倒
你想看见我厥过去吗?
-Bree: No.In theory.
in theiry: 理论上  theory: 理论
不...理论上而言。
-Mr. Pashmutti: Here you are.
这是你的。
-Bree: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Mr. Pashmutti: By the way, Mrs. Van de Kamp, I heard about your husband's passing. I'm so sorry.
by the way: 顺便一说 hear about: 听说
顺便说一句,Van de kamp太太,我听说了你丈夫的噩耗。我很遗憾。
Dr. Van de Kamp was one of my favorite customers, truly.
favorite: 最爱的 customer: 主顾 truly: 真诚地
Van de kamp医生曾是我最好的顾客,真的。
-Bree: That's very sweet of you. Thank you.
sweet: 令人高兴的
你能这么说真好。谢谢你。
-Mr. Pashmutti: I'm not just being polite, Mrs. Van de Kamp. How are you feeling?
polite: 礼貌的
我这么说不仅仅出于礼貌,Van de kamp太太。你现在还好吧?
-Bree:Well, Mr. Pashmutti…
嗯,Pashmutti先生...
-Phyllis:We're holding up as best we can under the circumstances.
hold up: 支撑 under the circumstances: 在这种情况下
就现在的情况而言,我们尽力坚持住。
-Bree: I'm sorry. This is, uh, Rex's mother, Phyllis.
抱歉,这位是Rex的母亲,Phyllis。
-Mr. Pashmutti: I'm so sorry about your son.
对于您儿子的死我感到遗憾。
-Phyllis: Thank you. You know, the hardest thing is to lose a child.
hardest: 最困难的,最艰难的 lose: 失去
谢谢你,要知道。最难过的事情莫过于失去自己的孩子了。
-Mr. Pashmutti: I can't even imagine.
imagine: 料想,猜想
您的悲痛我很难切身体会。
-Bree: Come on, Phyllis. Let's get you something to eat.
来吧,Phyllis。我们去吃点东西。
-Phyllis: We had no warning. I was doing dishes when I got the call.
warning: 警告,前兆 dish: 盘子
一切都没有征兆。我接到电话的时候正在洗碗。
-Mr. Pashmutti: Really?
真的?
-Bree:Phyllis, there are people waiting, so…
Phyllis,还有别人在排队呢! 快走吧!
-Phyllis:Excuse me. I, I'm so sorry, but my son just passed away.
pass away: 去世
对不起,我很抱歉,不过我的儿子刚刚死了.
-Stranger:Oh, I'm so sorry.
哦,我很遗憾.
-Phyllis: Thank you. I mean, I was telling Mr. Pashmutti here, my life is, is over. My life is over!
over: 结束
谢谢,我正在和这位Pashmutti先生说我的生活…结束了。我的生活结束了。
-Gabrielle:This is ridiculous, you know that?
ridiculous: 荒谬的,可笑的
这荒谬极了,你知道吗?
-Carlos: Pen.
笔。
-Gabrielle: Don't you think I have better things to do than to bring you checks every day?
check: 支票
你不觉得与其天天拿支票来给你签字,有很多别的事要做。
Checks that I could be signing at home?
sign: 签署
这些我都可以在家里签好
-Carlos: This one's dry.
dry: 干的
这支没墨了。
-Gabrielle: You know, taking away my access to our account, that's just vindictive.
take away: 拿走 acess to: 接近或使用的机会 access: 使用之权 account: 账户 vindictive: 怀有或显示报复心的
让我不能动帐户里的钱,不过是你报复的手段。
-Carlos: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Gabrielle: Do you know how long it takes me to schlep out here to this hell hole?
schlep: 费劲地走 out here: 到这里 hell: 【俚语】(表示惊奇、烦恼、厌恶、恼怒、失望等)见鬼,该死 hole: (独间)牢房
你知不知道我从家里到这个烂地方要很长时间?
-Carlos: Exactly. It's the only way I can guarantee you'll come and visit me.
exactly: 准确的,的确如此 guarantee: 保证
正是如此,这是唯一的办法能保证你会来探访我。
-Gabrielle: That's ridiculous. You're my husband. I love you. Obviously, I would come visit.
ridiculous: 荒唐的 obviously: 明显地
这很荒唐,你是我丈夫,我爱你。我理所当然会来探访你。
-Carlos: I thought it was obvious that when you love someone, you wouldn't have an affair.
have an affair: (与某人)有不正当的男女关系
我曾以为你爱一个人就不会外遇是理所当然的。
I was wrong, wasn't I?
我错了,不是吗?
-Gabrielle: I'm getting really tired of this song, Carlos. Isn't it about time you forgave me?
get tired of: 厌烦 song: 老调子,老花样 forgive: 原谅
我有点厌倦这些老生常谈了,Carlos。应该是时候原谅我了吧!
-Carlos: You want my forgiveness, you got it. My trust, that you're gonna have to earn.
forgiveness: 原谅 trust: 信任 earn: 挣
你要我的原谅,我给你。你要我的信任...那要看你的表现了。
-Gabrielle: Be careful, Carlos.
be careful: 小心,当心
小心点,Carlos。
Up until now, I've been really lonely in that big bed of ours, but when you're rude to me, it makes wanna be not so lonely.
lonely: 孤独的 rude: 粗鲁的 wanna=want to: 想要
到刚才为止,我在我们家那张大床上都显得特别孤独。但如果你对我不尊敬也许我会要改善我孤独的处境。
-Carlos: Comments like that are exactly why you'll never again have access to my money.
comment: 言论
这种言论正是你不准动我的钱的原因。
-Gabrielle: Why are all rich men jerks?
jerk: 蠢人
为什么有钱的男人都那么混蛋?
-Carlos: Same reason all beautiful women are bitches. So, same time tomorrow?
bitch: 坏女人
你先告诉我为什么漂亮女人都那么骚。明天还这个时候?
-Gabrielle: Sure, baby.
当然,亲爱的。
-Susan: What do you mean, you know?
你什么意思,你知道?
-Julie: I mean, I know.
我意思就是,我知道。
-Susan: What are you saying, that your father actually told you he was gonna be having a one night stand with Edie Britt?
one night stand:一夜情
你说你爸跟你说过到底什么意思?他跟Edie Britt玩一夜情?
-Julie: Uh, mom, this wasn't a one night stand. He's been going out with Ms. Britt for a few months now.
go out with: 与…约会
嗯...妈妈,这不是一夜情。他跟Britt太太已经交往了几个月了。
-Susan: What? How could you not tell me that? We share everything. That's what we're known for. That's our thing.
share: 共享
什么?你怎么没告诉我?我们之间没有秘密的。我们一向什么事都互相分享的。
-Julie: Because I knew you'd wig out. Besides, haven't you always told me to respect people's privacy?
wig out: 使激动 wig:【美国俚语】使激动 besides: 此外 respect: 尊重 privacy: 私事,隐私
我就知道你听了会激动的,而且,你不是一直教导我要尊重别人的隐私吗?
-Susan: Oh, I've never applied that concept to your father's sex life and you know it.
apply to: 适用于 concept: 概念 sex: 性
噢...我可从来没说过那包括你爸爸的私生活。
-Julie: Are you done?
你好了么?
-Susan: No! I have not even begun ripping into Edie Britt yet. Oh, that peroxide vulture!
rip into: 【口语】猛烈攻击;抨击 rip: 撕,扯 peroxide: 过氧化物【口语中peroxide也用来word to disguise the insult of bitch (bleach into bitch),即bitch的另外一种说法】 vulture: 贪得无厌的人
没有!我跟Edie Britt的好戏还在后头。噢,那个贪得无厌的女人。
I just know as sure as I am standing here that she went after your father just to tick me off.
go after: 追逐 tick off: 责备
我就知道,她会偷偷摸摸地和你爸爸搞在一起。
-Julie: Wrong again.
你又错了。
-Susan: What?
什么?
-Julie: He asked her out.
ask out: 邀请外出
是他约她的。
-Susan: You lie.
lie: 撒谎
你瞎说。
-Julie: It's true. He called her for a date six months ago. The day after my birthday party.
date: 约会
真的。六个月前,他提出跟她约会。就是我生日派对的第二天。
-Susan: The one at the piano bar?
piono: 钢琴 bar: 酒吧
在钢琴酒吧的那次?
-Julie:Yeah. What is it?
是的。怎么了?
-Susan: Oh, um, your father just came over that day and told me some stuff.
come over: 过来 stuff: 东西
噢...那天你爸爸来找我,跟我说了些事情。
You know, some stuff that I haven't and can't tell you.
那些事...我没有...也不能告诉你。
-Julie: Wait. Whatever happened to we share everything? Isn't that our thing, what we're known for?
share: 共享
等等,你不是说"我们之前没有秘密"?这就叫分享每件事情?
-Susan:Um, actually, I think what we're known for is sharing clothes. Yeah. I think that's our thing.
actually: 确实地
嗯...事实上我以为我们分享的是衣服之类的。是的,我们分享衣服。
-Matthew: Why does he keep doing that?
他怎么不停?
-Betty: He knows it's annoying. He's just trying to get to us.
annoying: 恼人的,讨厌的 get to: 接触
因为他知道这样很烦人,他只是试图引起我们注意。
-Matthew: Yeah, well, it's working. Knock it off, down there, do you hear what I'm saying?
work: 起作用 knock off: 停止
是啊,看来这起作用了。下面的,别再弄个不停了,听见了吗!
-Betty: Matthew. Matthew! Sit down. You know we don’t talk to him. That's part of his punishment.
punishment: 惩罚
Matthew Matthew! 坐下。我们不能跟他说话的,这也是对他的惩罚。
-Matthew: How can you just sit here hour after hour and listen to that?
hour after hour: 连续地
你怎么能听着这个,还一直坐得住?
-Betty: Well, that's part of mine.
这个...是对我的惩罚。
-Gabrielle: Carlos, what is this big emergency?
emergency: 紧急情况
Carlos,什么事情那么急?
I had to cancel my hair appointment with Eduardo today. Baby, what is it?
hair appointment: 美发预约
害得我取消了美发预约。亲爱的,怎么了?
-Carlos: I'm completely freaked out.
completely: 完全地 freak out: 吓到 freak: 使人异常兴奋
我吓坏了。
-Gabrielle: Why?
什么事?
-Carlos: There's this guy, his name's Richie, and he's been saying some stuff to me, and I'm getting worried.
guy: 家伙 stuff: 东西
这里有个叫Richie的人,他一直骚扰我,我有麻烦了。
-Gabrielle: Honey, you and your macho pride.
macho: 大男子气概的 pride: 自豪,骄傲
亲爱的,你的男子气呢?
Just tell him you're flattered, but you don't swing that way.
flatter: 过分夸赞 swing that way【其实不是这样的 swing: 摇摆,这句话可理解为你告诉他你的富有只是被夸大了,其实你根本就不是这样的有钱】
告诉他这套不管用不就得了。
-Carlos: He's not hitting on me, you idiot, he's threatening me.
hit on: 偶然想到  idiot: 白痴 threaten: 恐吓,威胁
他没有动手,你这个白痴,他在威胁我。
-Gabrielle: Really? How?
真的? 怎么威胁?
-Carlos: He said he's gonna beat me up unless I come up with some money.
beat up: 【俚语】痛扁 come up with: 提出,拿出
他说要是我不给钱,他就会痛扁我一顿。
-Gabrielle:Well, how much money?
嗯...要多少钱?
-Carlos: Seven thousand dollars.
$7,000。
-Gabrielle: Seven thousand dollars?!
$7,000?
-Carlos: Keep your voice down.
keep down: (使)…降低 voice: 嗓音
轻点!
-Gabrielle: Why would he think you have that kind of money?
他怎么会知道你有钱?
-Carlos: Because yesterday, in a visiting room filled with criminals, my wife referred to me as a rich man.
fill with: 充满 criminal: 罪犯 refer to as: 把某人叫做 refer: 提及
因为昨天在接待室,我老婆说我是有钱人,那些人渣刚好听到了。
-Gabrielle:Oh, right. Sorry.
噢...是啊。真抱歉。
-Carlos:That's why I needed you to bring the checkbook.
checkbook: 支票簿
所以我叫你带上支票簿。
-Gabrielle: He's actually willing to take a check?
willing: 乐意的
他会收支票?
-Carlos: No. You're gonna take the money to his girlfriend, and if she doesn't get it by tomorrow, I'm screwed.
girlfrend: 女朋友 screw: 【美国口语】使心烦意乱;弄糟;毁坏
不是。你得把钱交给他女朋友。要是明天还拿不到钱,我就完了。
-Gabrielle: Honey, I think this is a mistake.
honey: 亲爱的 mistake: 误会
亲爱的,我想这样不是办法。
If we give in to extortion, the guy's just gonna keep coming back for more money.
give in: 屈服,让步 extortion: 强取 guy: 家伙 come back: 重复
要是我们这次向勒索低了头,那人下次还会故技重演的,会勒索更多的钱。
-Carlos: What choice do I have?
那我还能怎么办?
-Gabrielle: You're a strong guy. You went to college on an athletic scholarship, for God sakes!
college: 大学 athletic schorlarship: 运动员奖学金 God: 上帝 sake: 缘故,理由
你很强壮,你进大学的时候还享受运动员奖学金。
-Carlos: Yeah, it was for golf!
golf: 高尔夫球
是,但那是高尔夫!
-Gabrielle: Oh.
噢。
-Mike: You have all my pants.
pant: 裤子
噢,我裤子都在你这。
-Susan: Yeah, I know. Come on in.
嗯...我知道。进来吧!
-Mike: I, uh, thought when I took my stuff back to my house, I got everything.
take back: 取回 stuff: 东西
我...以为那次把东西已经通通带回去了。
-Susan: Oh, it's fine. They're in the garage. So how have you been doing?
garage: 车库
噢。没关系。都在车库里。你过得怎样?
-Mike: Good. Um, I'm, uh, good. I got a question for you.
不错。嗯...我很好。我有个问题能问吗?
-Susan: Sure, what is it?
当然,什么?
-Mike: Where are we now?
我们现在算什么?
-Susan: Where are we?
算什么?
-Mike: Yeah. We're not moving in together and we're not broken up, so where are we?
move in: 搬进 break up: 分手
嗯。我们既没有同居,也没有分手,这算什么?
-Susan: I don't know. Since the guy who held me hostage turned out to be your son, I think logic dictates that I should move on.
hostage: 人质 turn out: 结果是 logic: 逻辑的 dictate: 指示 move on: 继续前进
我不知道。拿我当人质的居然是你儿子,正常情况下我不该再回头了。
The problem is, I'm crazy about you.
crazy: 着迷的
但问题是...我是那么痴迷于你。
-Mike: So...
所以...
-Susan: So, I'm thinking we should keep it casual.
casual: 漫不经心的
所以还是顺其自然吧!
-Mike: Casual. What the hell does that mean, exactly, um, casual?
the hell: 究竟 hell: 地狱 exactly: 精确地
顺其自然。顺其自然到底是怎么样?
-Susan: Uh, well, I, I don't, I don't think there's anything wrong with us seeing a movie once in a while.
once in a while: 偶尔,时不时
我觉得...我们一起去看看电影也没什么问题。
-Mike: Movie. Okay. Is that it?
看电影...好吧就这样?
-Susan: Jogging? There's no law against jogging.
jogging: 慢跑 low: 法律 against: 反对
跑步?跑步也不违法。
-Mike: Anything else?
还有呢?
-Susan: Shopping. That's casual. That's fun.
casual: 漫不经心的
购物。很自然。也很有意思。
-Mike: Anything else we can do? Anything at all?
还有什么吗?直接点的。
-Susan: Mmm, brunch. Brunch would be nice.
brunch: 早中饭
早中饭吧!来顿早中饭不错!
-Mike: Sounds good to me.
听上去不错。
-Phyllis: All I can do is take it one day at a time. Yes. Oh, oh, okay. Well, thanks so much for calling.
at a time: 逐一,每次
我只能一了百了。是啊。噢,好的。太感谢您来电了。
-Bree: Who was that?
是谁?
-Phyllis: Oh, someone named Alan Hanley.
一个叫Alan Hanle的人。
-Bree: My electrician? Why were you on the phone sobbing to my electrician?
electrician: 电工 sob: 抽泣
那个电工?你向我们家电工哭诉干吗?
-Phyllis: Oh, he called to offer you his condolences.
offer: 提供,给予 condolence: 同情、吊唁
噢,他打来是叫你节哀顺便的的。
-Bree: Then why didn't you put me on?
put on: 放上【这里指接听】
那你怎么没让我听?
-Phyllis: Oh, well, we got to talking, and then he had to go.
got to: 不得不
后来我们谈上了,然后他得走了。
He, he had some very beautiful things to say about Rex.She begins to cry again.
他说了Rex很多好处。她又开始哭了。
-Bree: For God sakes, Phyllis, don't you ever worry about dehydration?
dehydration: 脱水
上帝啊,phyllis,你就没担心过会哭得脱水?
-Phyllis: Are you saying that I am too emotional?
emotional: 情感的,感性的
你是说我太感情用事了?
-Bree: I'm saying that even Italians take a break now and again.
Italians: 意大利人【意大利人情绪多变,鼓怒无常。他们做手势时特别激动】 take a break: 休息 now and again: 偶尔,有时
我是说就算情绪再激动。也需要休息。
-Phyllis: My son is dead. I'm grieving.
grieve: 感到悲痛
我儿子死了。我在哀悼。
-Bree: So am I, but no one would ever know it with your incessant caterwauling.
incessment: 不断地 caterwaul:像猫叫春一样的叫
我也是,但你这样哭天喊地的也无济于事。
-Phyllis: Bree!
Bree!
-Bree: People want to know how I'm doing, but the minute they ask you, you jump into the spotlight,
jump into: 跳入;一下子进入 spotlight: 公众注意的中心
人们关心我,但他们一说起这事,你就成了关注对象,
and they forget all about me. I need consoling, too, Phyllis. Have you ever thought of that?
console: 安慰 think of: 想过
然后我好像被遗忘了似的,我也需要安慰的 phyllis,你有没有想过这点?
-Phyllis: I'm sorry. It won't happen again.
抱歉。不会再这样了。
-Bree: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Phyllis: Of course, if you didn't constantly suppress your emotions, people wouldn't forget to console you.
constantly: 经常地 suppress: 压制
但是要不是你经常不把感情表露出来,人们也不会把你遗忘。
-Bree: Excuse me?
你说什么?
-Phyllis: Well, it's true. You're stoic to the point of being cold.
stoic: 恬淡寡欲的人
事实是,你习惯于表现得冷酷无情。
-Bree: I am not cold. I just, well, I don't like public displays of emotion.
cold: 冷淡的,缺少热情的 public: 公开的 display: 显示,显露 emotion: 情感
我不是冷血...只是,我不习惯于在人们面前流露真情。
-Phyllis: Well, that's fine, but people wonder why they haven't seen you cry.
wonder: 想知道
好吧,就算那样,但人们就奇怪怎么从没见你哭过呢?
I mean, some people actually wonder if you truly mourn Rex.
actually: 实际上 mourn: 为…哀痛
我是说,有些人甚至怀疑你是不是真的为Rex而哀悼。
-Bree: People have said that?
有人那么说?
-Phyllis: A few, yes.
是的,有几个。
-Gabrielle: Excuse me. I'm looking for Rita Rivara. Hi, are you Rita?
look for: 寻找
打扰下,我在找Rita Rivara。嗨你是Rita?
-Rita: Yeah, who are you?
是的,你是?
-Gabrielle: I'm, uh, I'm Gabrielle Solis. Our, our husbands are roommates at the prison.
roommate: 室友 prison: 监狱
我...是Gabrielle Solis。我们的老公是狱友。
-Rita: Richie and I aren't married.
married: 与…结为婚姻的
Richie和我可没结婚。
-Gabrielle: Oh, I see. Well, uh, your boyfriend asked my husband to give this to you. It's a sort of favor.
a sort of: 一种 favor: 好感,好意
噢,我明白。你男朋友叫我丈夫把这个给你。就当是一个小忙。
It's all there. Seven thousand dollars.
都在里面$7,000。
-Rita: Son of a bitch!
bitch: 坏女人
狗娘养的!
-Gabrielle: Oh, don't even think about it. Um, hello! Is there a problem?
想都别想。有什么不对吗?
-Rita: Let me ask you a question.
让我问你个问题。
-Gabrielle: Okay.
问吧。
-Rita: This might seem kind of weird, but what do you think of my breasts?
weird: 奇怪的 breast: 胸部
可能会有点奇怪,但你觉得我的胸部怎么样?
-Gabrielle: Excuse me?
抱歉?
-Rita: I mean, how do they look to you?
我是说,你看它们怎么样?
-Gabrielle: Uh, they're, they're nice.
它们…它们很好啊!
-Rita: Thank you. I like them, too.
谢谢。我也很喜欢它们。
-Gabrielle: You're right. That was weird.
你说得对。是很奇怪。
-Rita: You have no idea what this money is for, do you?
have no idea: 不知道,不明白
你完全不知道这钱是要做什么的,对吧?
-Gabrielle: Uh, no. No. You, you seem to have everything you need.
不知道。你看起来拥有你想要的一切。
-Rita: Richie wants me to get a boob job. He wants them bigger. He's obsessed with huge breasts.
boob:【俚语】女性的乳房 obsess: 着迷 huge: 巨大的 breast: 乳房
Richie想要我去隆乳。他想要它们变得更大。他疯狂迷恋那些巨乳。
-Gabrielle: So are you gonna do it?
那你要去做吗?
-Rita: I told him if he came up with the cash, I would.
come up with: 拿来 cash: 现金
我跟他说如果他能拿现金来,我就做。
I just never thought the moron would actually come up with it.
moron: 笨人 actually: 确实
我怎么也没想到那蠢货居然真的拿来了。
-Gabrielle: Not that it's any of my business, but it's your body.
business: 事情
这不关我的事,不过这是你的身体。
I wouldn't change anything unless I really wanted to.
unless: 除非
我如果不是真心想要,是不愿改变任何部位的。
-Rita: But if I don't do it, he'll leave me.
但是如果我不做,他就要离开我。
-Gabrielle: Honey, he's in jail. How far is he gonna go? Maybe it's time you stood up for yourself.
honey: 亲爱的 stand up: 勇敢地维护…的权利(或观点)                              
宝贝, 他在监狱里, 他能怎样?也许你该力挺你自己。
Tell him you don't need the surgery.
surgery: 外科手术
告诉他你不要做手术。
-Rita: It's worth a shot.
worth a shot: 值得一试
值得一试。
-Gabrielle: There you go. I am so proud of you.
be proud of: 自豪,高兴
这就对了。我真为你骄傲。
-Mary Alice: When Lynette went back to work, she was aware her new job would be demanding. What she hadn't anticipated was the night shift.
go back to: 回去 aware: 意识到 demanding: 很费心的 anticipate: 预先考虑 night shift: 夜班
当lynette重会职场,她知道她的新工作会很严苛,她没有预见到的是...夜班。
-Tom: Hey, honey, I thought I heard you come in about an hour ago.
我想我一小时前就听见你回来了。
-Lynette: I did. I had to load the dishwasher.
load: 装入 dishwasher: 洗碗碟机
没错。我得把碗放进洗碗机。
-Tom: You didn't have to do that.
你不必那么做的。
-Lynette: Yeah, I sorta did.
 sorta:有几分
我要的。
-Tom: I'm sorry. I've just fallen behind on my housework. I just had so many errands to run today.
fall behind: 落后  run (on) errands:  办差事,跑腿 errand: 差事
抱歉.我没做完家务活。今天有太多事要做。
But I'll make up for it tomorrow, okay? I promise. That's the beauty of my system: it's flexible.
make up for: 补偿,弥补 promise: 承诺 beauty: 优点,长处 flexible: 灵活的,弹性的
明天补上,好么? 我保证。我的方法就好在这里--可通融性。
-Lynette: You know, for the sake of our marriage, please don't mention the system again.
for the sake of: 为了 mention: 提及 system: 方法
为了我们的婚姻,请不要再提你的方法。
-Tom: I said I was sorry.
我说了我很抱歉。
-Lynette: What in the world?
in the world: 究竟,到底
这是什么?
-Tom: No, no, don't touch that. Don't touch that. Um, Penny had a little, um, spitty-uppy on the sheets.
touch: 触碰 spitty-uppy【污秽物 spitty: 与nasty, not desirable, ugly差不多的意思 uppy: 与shit的意思一样】  sheet: 床单
不,别碰!别碰。Penny在床单上吐了。
-Lynette: And you didn't change them?
你没换床单?
-Tom: The towel is very clean.
towel: 毛巾
这毛巾很干净的。
-Lynette: Oh, that's disgusting.
disgusting: 恶心的
真恶心。
-Tom: No, it's just a little spitty, a little milky spit-up on the sheets. Please, I made a judgment call.
milky: 乳状的 spit-up: 吐出物 judgement: 判断
床单上只不过是一点口水糊糊。拜托,我已经做了决定。
Please respect that.
respect: 尊重
尊重一下吧。
-Lynette: No, I can't respect that, and do you know why? It's stupid. I'm gonna get new sheets.
stupid: 愚蠢的
我不能尊重,知道为什么吗?太愚蠢了!我要换床单。
-Tom: We are not changing the sheets!
我们不换床单!
-Lynette: Why are you yelling at me?
yell: 吼
你为什么吼我?
-Tom: I am not yelling at you and this is not about spit up.
我没吼你。这已不仅仅是呕吐物的事了。
-Lynette: Of course it is.
当然是。
-Tom: No, it isn't. It's about control. And as you and I both know, you have some issues in this area.
control: 管理的权力 issue: 问题 area: 方面
不,不是.这是关于支配权。你我都知道你这方面有些问题。
-Lynette: Why are you fighting so hard to sleep on baby vomit?
fight: 斗争 volit: 呕吐物
你为什么一定要坚持睡在小孩的呕吐物上?
-Tom: I am fighting for a principle.
fight for: 为…而战   principle: 原则
我是为原则而战。
-Lynette: Being too lazy to change the sheets is not a principle.
lazy: 懒惰的
懒得不想换床单不是什么原则。
-Tom: You know what? You're not gonna win this one.
你知道吗?你这次别想赢!
So you'd better just crawl back into bed, and let's go to sleep.
crawl: 爬行
你最好乖乖爬进床来!然后就让我们睡觉吧!
-Lynette: No, Tom! Tom, no! I'm gonna change the sheets!
别想,Tom!Tom,别想!我要换床单!
-Tom: Oh, come on!
come on: 拜托
噢,拜托!
-Lynette: No, you come on! Just get up! Get up!
get up: 起床
不,拜托你!起来!起来!
-Tom: That's it!
好啊!
-Lynette: All right, fine! Fine! Fine! Fine! Ah!
就这样!好!好!好!
-Mary Alice: Normally Lynette would have spent a sleepless night telling herself she didn't have control issues.
normally: 通常地   sleepless: 睡不着的 issue: 问题
通常Lynette会度过一个不眠之夜,告诉自己她在控制欲上没有问题。
But she couldn't. She was too busy figuring out how to bend Tom to her will.
figure out: 解决,弄明白 bend: (使)屈从 will: 意愿
但这次她不能。她忙着想法要Tom顺着她的意思来。
-Lynette: Hello? Hi! Welcome to the promised land.Go on.There.Good job!
promised: 有希望的
有人吗?有人吗?欢迎来到欢乐乡。去吧,这里。好啊!
-Susan: Uh, Betty? Betty? Oh, Betty, can I ask you a question?
Betty吗? 噢.Betty,能问你个问题吗?
-Betty: Of course. It's Susan, right?
当然可以.Susan,对吧?
-Susan: Yes, hi. I was just wondering, are you having some remodeling done on your house or something?
wonder: 想知道   remodeling: 重新塑造
对,我在想... 你家在重新装修还是怎样吗?
-Betty: No. Why?
没有,怎么了?
-Susan: Well, uh, I work at home, so I'm home a lot working.
我在家工作,所以我经常在家。
And I just keep hearing these noises lately. Uh, it's hard to concentrate.
concentrate: 集中
最近经常听到这样的声音。让人很难集中精神。
-Betty: Well, I haven't noticed anything.
我什么都没注意到。
-Susan: Really? Well, it sounds like it's coming from your house.
sound like: 听起来
真的?听起来是从你家传来的。
You know, it's like a clanging, clanging.
clang: 叮当声
听起来当啷当啷的。
There! There, that was it. Did you hear it?
听!就是这个.听见了吗?
-Betty: Oh, yes. Matthew's very handy. He's always doing projects around the house.
handy: 巧手的 project: 工程,项目
是的,Matthew很喜欢劳作。他总在家附近做东西。
I guess I just don't notice the noise anymore.
anymore: 不再
我想我习惯了就不觉得有声音了。
-Susan: Even at two o'clock in the morning? Because that's kind of hard to miss.
kind of: 有点儿
就算是凌晨2点?很难不听见啊!
-Betty: I'm so sorry. Matthew is something of an insomniac, Susan.
insomniac: 不眠症患者
我真抱歉。Matthew 有失眠症,Susan。
But I will talk to him, and we'll put a stop to it.
但我会跟他谈谈,以后不会这样了。
-Matthew: Afternoon, Mrs. Mayer.
下午好,Mayer太太。
-Susan: Hi, Matthew.
你好,Matthew。
-Betty: Well, it was nice chatting with you, Susan.
chat with: 与…聊天
跟你聊天真开心,Susan。
-Bree: This is my third phone call, Mr. Flannery.
这是我打的第三通电话了,Flannery先生。
And if someone doesn't call me back soon, I'm going to be irritated.
irritated: 恼怒的
如果再没人回我电话,我就要生气了。
-Phyllis: Is everything all right?
一切都还好吧?
-Bree: That damn insurance company is dragging its heels on paying Rex's policy, and I don't understand why.
damn: 该死的 insurance: 保险 company: 公司 drag one’s heels: 故意拖拉 drgging: 拖延的 policy: 保险单 understand: 明白
该死的保险公司在Rex的赔款问题上磨磨蹭蹭,我真不懂为什么。
-Phyllis: Well, he died unexpectedly. And that brings up a lot of questions.
unexpectedly: 未料到的 bring up: 提出
他走的出乎意料。留下了很多问题。
It's probably easier when people are just diseased.
diseased: 害病的
也许人们生病的话,还比较简单。
-Bree: Probably.
也许。
-Lynette: Hi. Hi.
你好。你好。
-Bree: Hi. Oh, hi, Lynette.
你好,Lynette。
-Lynette: I'm sorry. Am I interrupting?
interrupt: 打断
抱歉,打扰到你们了吗?
-Bree: No, no, not at all.
不,不,没有。
-Lynette: I saw you walk in, and I've been meaning to call since the service, but work's been so crazy so...how are you doing?
crazy: 疯狂的
我看见你进来,仪式后我就想打电话给你,但工作忙得要死...你现在怎么样?
-Bree: Um, I'm all right.
我很好。
-Lynette: Well, you look amazing.
amazing: 令人惊异的
你看起来棒极了。
-Bree: Do I?
真的吗?
-Lynette: Absolutely. Well, I can't imagine what you're going through.
absolutely: 完全地 imagine: 想象 go through: 经历
千真万确,我无法想象你正在经受怎样的痛苦。
-Bree: Phyllis? You're going to have to stop that.
Phyllis?你必须得停下。
-Phyllis: I can't help it. When people talk about Rex, I, I, I just get emotional.
talk about: 谈论 emotional: 感性的
我忍不住。人们一谈到Rex,我就伤心。
-Lynette: Well, I'm very sorry for your loss, too, Phyllis.
我也很为你难过,Phyllis。
-Phyllis: He was my firstborn. I don't know what I will do without him.
firstborn: 头生的(子女)
他是我的第一个孩子。我真不知没了他我该怎么办。
-Lynette: Oh, I'm so sorry. Is she gonna be okay?
我很难过。她会没事吧?
-Bree: Um, yeah. Sure. Hold on a second. There we go. Feel better? Lynette, you were saying?
hold on: 别挂电话
当然。等我一秒。这就对了。感觉好点了吧!Lynette,你在说...?
-Lynette: I forgot.
我忘了。
-Bree: That's all right. It was really sweet of you to stop by.
sweet: 令人高兴的 stop by: 顺便走访
没关系。真是太体贴了,你过来看看我。
-Lynette: Okay.
好的。
-Bree: So, uh, are we ready to order, or do you need a little more time?
我们准备好点餐了,还是再需要一点点时间?
-Mr. Flannery: I've been in the insurance industry for fifteen years. I've never received a phone call like this.
insurance: 保险 industry: 行业 receive: 接到
我再保险业做了15年,从来没接到过这样的电话。
-Dr. Craig: I'm having second thoughts about Rex's death.
关于Rex的死,我有了新的想法。
I've known Rex and Bree for nearly twenty years.
我认识Rex和Bree有20年了。
And I've never had any reason to suspect they were anything but a happy, loving couple, which I why
this seems so strange. I found it in Rex's room after he coded.
suspect: 怀疑 loving: 亲爱的 couple: 一对(夫妻) strange: 奇怪的 code: 编码,加密
我没有任何理由去怀疑,他们不是一对幸福相爱的夫妻。奇怪的是。Rex死后,我在他的病房里找到了这个。
-Mr. Flannery: I forgive you?
forgive: 原谅
我宽恕你?
-Bree: George. What are you doing here?
George,你来做什么?
-George: I'm here to kidnap you.
kidnap: 诱拐
我来绑架你。
-Bree: What?
什么?
-George: Get your purse. I'm gonna take you bowling.
purse: 钱包  bowling: 保龄球
拿上你的钱包,我要带你去打保龄球。
-Bree: I, I, I don't know how to bowl.
bowl: 打保龄球
我不懂该怎么打。
-George: Or to the movies or for a frozen yogurt. Whatever you want.
frozen: 冷冻的 yogurt: 酸奶酪
不然去看电影或喝瓶冰镇酸奶,或其它你喜欢的。
-Bree: Um, thank you, but I just couldn't.
谢谢,但我不能。
-George: Ah, Bree, I'm sure you haven't gone anywhere in weeks. You gotta get out and do things.
Bree.我肯定你已经好几周哪都没去了。你得出去做些什么。
It'll help. Trust me.
trust: 相信
这会有帮助的。相信我。
-Bree: I do. I'm just, I'm just not ready yet. But it was very sweet of you to think of me.
sweet: 令人高兴的
我相信你。只是...我还没准备好。但你能想到我,真好。
-George: Well, you know, I tried.
你知道的。我试过了。
-Bree: And I appreciate that.
appreciate: 感激
我很感激。
-George: It's all right. Let it out.
没事的。放轻松。
-Carlos: You want me to die in here, don't you?
你想让我死在这,对吧?
-Gabrielle: Carlos, what happened?
Carlos,怎么了?
-Carlos: What do you mean, what happened? You talked Rita out of taking the money.
什么"怎么了"?你说服Rita不要那笔钱。
-Gabrielle:Is that what Richie said?
Richie是那么说的吗?
-Carlos:Yeah, the subject came up in between kidney punches.
subject: 主题,话题 【这里指关于被揍的话题】 come up: 出现 kidney: 肾,腰子 punch: 猛击,殴打
现在他都打在我腰子上。
-Gabrielle:Well, it's not my fault. She didn't want the money.
fault: 错误
她不要钱不是我的错啊!
-Carlos:Why wouldn't she want seven thousand dollars?
七千美元她怎么会不要?
-Gabrielle: Because it's for a boob job.
因为这是为隆乳的。
-Carlos:So?
所以?
-Gabrielle:So, her boobs are fine. And, honestly, what he's doing to her self-esteem is just cruel.
honestly: 说实话,坦白来讲 self-esteem: 自尊 cruel: 残酷的
她的胸本来就很美。而且,平心而论,他这么做对她太残酷了。
I feel sorry for her.
我真为她难过。
-Carlos:Please. You don't care about her self-esteem any more than I do.
care about: 关心
拜托,你不比我多关心她多少。
You just didn't want to give up all that money.
give up: 放弃
你只是不想放弃那笔钱。
-Gabrielle: Well, I do think it's silly to give someone seven thousand dollars if they don't want it.
silly: 愚蠢的
我是觉得把七千美元给一个不想要的人真是太傻了。
-Carlos: Listen to me, you're gonna go back there, you're gonna put that money in Rita's hands,
听着,你要回到那里,把那笔钱放进Rita的手里,
and you're gonna convince her that life is not worth living unless she has jugs the size of Texas.
worth: 值得…的 convince: 使…确信 unless: 除非 jug: 小水壶 size: 大小
而且你要说服她,让她认为如果没有一个得克萨斯州这么大的夜壶,人生就白活了。
Do I make myself clear?
我说的够清楚了吗?
-Gabrielle: I just realized Rita and I have a lot in common.
realize: 意识到 in common: 相同
我刚意识到Rita和我又很多共同点。
-Carlos:Please don't tell me you have low self-esteem, because if I laugh now, I'm gonna crack the one good rib that I have left.
 crack: 破裂 rib: 肋骨
拜托,别跟我说你们有一样低贱的自尊,因为我现在一笑,就会弄折我那根还没被打折的肋骨。
-Gabrielle:We are both controlled by our husbands, which is idiotic because they're both behind bars.
control: 控制 huaband: 丈夫   idiotic: 傻瓜的 behind bars: 坐牢
我们都被丈夫支配,这真是很傻,因为我们的丈夫都在坐牢。
We should have all the power.
power: 力量
我们应该自主。
-Carlos: I am not trying to control you. I just don't wanna end up in the morgue!
end up: 结束 morgue: 放尸间
我不是想要支配你。我只是不想最后被推进停尸间。
-Gabrielle: This isn't about that.
跟这个没关系。
-Carlos:Gabrielle, the morphine's wearing off. I really don't have time for these games.
morphine: 吗啡 wear off: 逐渐减弱
Gabrielle,吗啡开始失效了。我真的没时间跟你闹了。
-Gabrielle: Me either, Carlos.
我也一样,Carlos。
And if you expect me to go back and sweet talk her into getting the operation, I can't show up empty-handed.
expect: 期待 sweet talk: 甜言蜜语,奉承巴结 operation: 手术 show up: 羞辱 empty-handed: 两手空空的
如果你期待我回去好好劝她去做手术,我可不愿空手而去。
-Carlos:Fine, bring me the checkbook. I'll make out a check for some cash.
checkbook: 支票簿 make out: 开出 cash: 现金
好,拿支票本来,我开支票给你划现金。
-Gabrielle: See I was thinking I'd be writing the checks.
我在想由我来写支票。
-Carlos:Gabrielle?
Gabrielle?
-Gabrielle: Careful, Carlos, you're not in a position to argue.
position: 位置 argue: 争吵
当心,Carlos,你根本没资格跟我争。
-Edie: Whoo-hoo! Susan!
呀吼!Susan!
-Susan: Hey, Edie.
你好,Edi。
-Edie: So, uh, whee! How much do you hate me?
好,你有多恨我?
-Susan: What?
什么?
-Edie: Oh, Karl said that you know all about our dirty little secret.
dirty: 肮脏的
噢,karl说你已经知道了我们的肮脏小秘密。
-Susan: Yes, yes, I do.
是,我知道了.
-Edie: Well, I feel awful. I should have told you that I was doing your ex.
awful: 糟糕的
我感觉真抱歉。我应该告诉你我正在搞你的前夫。
Well, it would've been the classy thing to do.
classy: 上等的,漂亮的
这样做了就够上等了。
-Susan: Well, etiquette is a lost art for a lot of people.
etiquette: 礼仪 art: 艺术
礼节对很多人来说都是一门消失了的艺术。
-Edie: Oh, you've gotta believe me, I never, ever thought anything would happen with us.
你要相信我,我从来没想过我们之间会发生什么。
But on our first date, Karl took me to a Mexican restaurant.
date: 约会
但在我们第一次约会,Karl带我去了一家墨西哥餐馆。
You know what I get like when I drink tequila. A couple of shooters and my bra unhooks itself.
tequila: 龙舌兰酒 a couple of: 几个 shooter: 【美国俚语】(威士忌)酒   bra: 乳罩 unhook: 解开
你知道我一喝龙舌兰酒就会成什么样子。喝了几杯后我的胸罩自动就解开了。
-Susan: Circumstances beyond your control. I get it. So if you'll excuse me.
circumstance: 情况,环境 get it: 明白
人没办法控制周遭环境。我明白。麻烦你让开。
-Edie: Hey. Hey, hey. I am offering you an opportunity here. I mean, go ahead, vent. Let me have it.
offer: 提供 opportunity: 机会 vent: 发泄
嘿!我是在给你机会。我是说,来吧!发泄啊!我该的!
Come on, tell me what a bitch I am. Yeah, for snacking on your leftovers.
come on: 快点 bitch: 坏女人 snack: 吃快餐 leftover: 残羹剩菜
来啊,告诉我我真是一婊子。没错,因为我偷吃了你的剩菜。
I deserve it. Come on, bring it on.
deserve: 应得  bring on: 使发生,使发作
我活该.来吧!
-Susan: Honestly, Edie, I don't mind. You can skate off into the sunset with Karl. Be my guest.
honestly: 老实说 mind: 介意 skate: 溜冰 sunset: 日落
说真的,Edie,我不介意。你可以跟Karl一起溜进夕阳里。请自便。
-Edie: Well, that's good to know.
真高兴知道这些。
You know, I probably shouldn't tell you this, but, while we were in my Jacuzzi last night, Karl said it was the best sex he's ever had, bar none.
sex: 性行为 bar: 禁止 bar none: 毫无意外
我也许不该告诉你,不过...昨晚当我们在我的极可意水流按摩浴缸里...Karl说这是他有过的最好性爱,毫无例外。
-Susan: Actually, I'm glad that you shared that, because here's a tidbit for you. Karl said he's still in love with me.
actually: 事实上 share: 共享 tidbit: 小栏报道 in love with: 爱着
其实,我很高兴跟你分享,因为我也有些消息要告诉你,Karl说他还爱着我。
Edie, what are you doing?
Edie,你干什么?
-Edie: You are a lying liar.
lying: 骗人的 liar: 骗子
你是个骗人的骗子。
-Susan: We're in the middle of the street. Would you get out of here?
get out of: 出去
我们在大街上,你离开这里好吗?
-Edie: Karl never said that!
Karl不会那么说的。
-Susan: Okay, Karl asked me to get back together the day after Julie's birthday.
get back: 返回
好的,karl在Judie的生日会后求我复合。
I said no, which I'm guessing is the reason for the now legendary tequila bra-popping incident.
legendary: 传奇的 tequilia: 龙舌兰酒 bra-poping: 乳罩暴出 incident: 事件
我拒绝了,而且我猜,这就是你那龙舌兰传奇事件的原因。
Please let go.
请让开。
-Edie: Oh, no. We're not finished here.
不,我们还没完。
-Susan: Well, yes, we are. I'm gonna go.
gonna=going to: 将要
不,我们说完了。我要走了。
-Edie: You don't have the guts.
guts:【复数】【口语】精力;勇气
你才没胆走。
-Susan: In five seconds, I'm gonna punch it.
punch: 用力推进
5秒内,我就会踩油门。
-Edie: Yeah? I'll key your car!
key: 用钥匙划
是吗?那我就划了你的车!
-Susan: Not if you're sucking my exhaust, you won't.
suck: 吸 exhaust: 排气管
吸吸我的排气管,你就不会了。
-Edie: Take back what you said!
收回你的话!
-Susan: No, I won't!
我不!
-Edie: Admit it, you'd do anything to destroy my happiness!
admit: 承认 destroy: 破坏 happiness: 幸福
承认吧,你就是要破坏我的幸福!
-Susan: Edie, for god's sake. Why would I care if you end up with a man I despise?
end up with: 以告终 despise: 鄙视
Edie,看在上帝的份上。我为什么要介意你跟一个我鄙视的男人搞在一起?
-Edie:Because you and Mike are finished. Yeah, word's out.
因为你和Mike玩完了。好,说出来了。
And now that you can't be happy, you don't want anyone else to be, period.
period: 时期【这里特指经期】
因为你不高兴,你就不要任何人高兴,经期妇女!
-Susan: Edie, come back here! We're not finished yet!
Edie,回来!我们还没完!
-Susan: It was an accident, Karl. Edie knows it was an accident, right?
accident: 意外事件
这是个意外,Karl。Eddie知道这是个意外,是么?
-Karl: She knows you could've killed her. As it is, she's got a shattered tibia.
shatter: 粉碎 tibia: 胫骨
她只知道你差点杀了她。事实的确如此她胫骨粉碎了。
-Susan: Oh, my god. I'm so sorry. I sent roses. Did she get the roses?
哦,天啊。十分抱歉。我送去了玫瑰花。她收到玫瑰了吗?
-Karl: Yep. She cut herself on the thorns.
cut: 切 thorn: 棘,荆棘
收到了,但她被玫瑰刺到了。
-Susan: Oh, my god.
我的天啊。
-Karl: Why'd you tell Edie about our little conversation?
conversation: 谈话
你为什么跟Eddie说了我们之间的谈话?
-Susan: Well, she was gloating about sleeping with you, and I just wanted to shut her up.
gloat: 满意的笑 shut up: 闭嘴
是这样的,她对和你上床感到很满足。我只是想让她闭嘴。
-Karl: Oh. So you were jealous?
jealous: 嫉妒的
这么说你嫉妒了?
-Susan: No! No! It's just, we were married.
married: 结婚
不,没有。只是我们曾经是夫妻。
And, and she's trying to make this tawdry little affair you guys have going on par with that and it's just,I got mad.
tawdry: 廉价而俗丽之物 affair: 事情   guy: 家伙 on par with: 与…相提并论 par: 平常的 mad: 疯的
而她却要把你们的这点小事情,和我们的过去混为一谈,这实在是...我有点发火了
-Karl: Susan, you remember the, the morning you saw me with Edie's paper?
Susan, 你还记得你看到我捡Eddie的报纸的那个早晨吗?
Well, the night before, I had asked her if she'd like to live together. And she said yes. Susan?
在那前一天晚上,我问了她是否愿意同居,她回答说“是”。Susan?
-Susan: Just give me a moment. I'm asking God to kill me.
你让我安静下。干脆让上帝把我杀了好了。
-Karl: Oh, look, she, she, she's fun. She goes with the flow.
fun: 有趣的人 flow: 水流
别这样,她不是很好么。她只是做了个顺水人情。
You know, at this time in my life, I need that.
你也知道在这种时候,我需要它。
-Susan: Are you in love with her?
in love with: 爱上
你...爱上她了?
-Karl: Would you care if I were?
如果我说“是”你会介意吗?
-Susan: I want you to be happy. I even sort of want Edie to be happy.
sort of: 有点
我希望看到你快乐。我甚至有点希望看到Eddie快乐。
-Karl: But what?
但是?
-Susan: I wanna be happy first! Mike and I were supposed to move in together, you know?
be supposed to: 被期望
我自己要先得到快乐!Mike本来要搬来和我一起住的!
This was supposed to be my time.
这一切本该属于我!
-Karl: I heard you and the plumber were having problems. Is it over?
plumer: 水管工 over: 完成
我听说了你和水管工之间出问题了。你们...玩完了吗?
-Susan: I don't know. It's really complicated. So you never answered my question.
compelcated: 复杂的
不知道。不好说。你还没回答我的问题呢?
Are you in love with her?
in love with: 爱上
你爱上她了?
-Karl: I don't know.
我不知道。
But I can promise you this much: I have never loved another woman the way I loved you.
promise: 保证
但是我敢向你保证:我从未像爱你那样去爱别的女人。
-Susan: You walked out on me.
walk out on: 抛弃,离开
别忘了你把我甩了!
-Karl: Yeah, but look how far I got. I'm just up the street.
是啊,但是你看看我才跑了多远?我就在街那头。
-Parker: Mommy, Mommy, thank god, you're home!
妈咪妈咪,终于把你盼回来了。
-Lynette: Hey, sweet pea. Why? What's wrong?
sweet pea: 香豌豆【亲爱的】
嘿,宝贝。怎么了,出什么事了?
-Parker: Daddy found a rat.
rat: 大老鼠
爸爸发现了一只老鼠。
-Lynette: Oh, did he now?
哇,这下麻烦大了。
Honey?I'm home.
honey: 宝贝
宝贝?我回来了。
-Tom: Hey, babe.
嘿,宝贝。
-Lynette:Hey.
Hi。
-Tom: Hi, how was your day?
Hi,你今天过的怎么样?
-Lynette: It was good, but, more importantly, how was yours?
important: 重要的,重大的
很好,但更重要的是——你过得如何?
-Tom: Parker told you about the rat, huh?
Park跟你说了老鼠的事情是吧?
-Lynette: Yep.
是啊。
-Tom: Oh, my god, it was so disgusting.
disgustiing: 令人恶心的
见鬼了,真是恶心。
I came down the steps, and there it was, sitting on the counter eating a leftover grilled cheese sandwich.
counter: 柜台 leftover: 吃剩的 grilled: 烤的 cheese: 奶酪  sandwich: 三明治
我才下楼,就看见那只老鼠,它坐在柜台上,吃着一块剩下的奶酪三明治。
-Lynette: The sandwiches from yesterday?
昨天我们吃的那些三明治?
-Tom: Okay, yes, the house has been too messy. Obviously, my system has some kinks in it.
messy: 散乱的,污秽的 obviously: 明显地 kink: 纽结
是的,没错,我知道这房子。的确显得非常乱,我的系统出了点问题。
But check it out. I got my act together.
check out: 检查 get act together【可以理解为调整状态,重整旗鼓】  
但是,你看看。我现在全都搞定了。
-Lynette: Wow. So, um, I, I take it you took the rat outside?
哇,那么,我帮你把老鼠拿出去吧?
-Tom: Oh, no, I smashed it with a shovel.
smash: 猛击 shovel: 铲
哦,不用了,我用铲子把它砸扁了。
-Lynette: You killed it?
你杀了它?
-Tom: Not with the first blow. Whew. Disgusting.
blow: 一击 disgusting: 令人作呕的
我只是打了它一下而已。唔,真恶心。
-Lynette: Hey. Little guy. I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about what happened with the shovel. 嘿,小家伙。我对于发生的一切感到十分抱歉。尤其是那铲子。
Neither one of us saw that coming.
其实我并不想那样的。
I know it's not much consolation, but you really helped my marriage.
consolation: 安慰 marriage: 婚姻
我知道这么说好像起不到什么安慰作用,但是你确实挽救了我的婚姻。
That's a lot for a little rat to accomplish in one lifetime.
rat: 大老鼠  accomplish: 完成 lifetime: 一生
你真是生的伟大,死的光荣啊!
Well, it's getting late, so, hats off to ya!
好像也挺晚了,那么...入土安息吧!
-Psychiatrist: So you'd say the abuse started a few years into your marriage?
abuse: 虐待
你是说虐待在你们结婚几年后就发生了?
-Betty: It, it started so slowly, I didn't realize what was happening.
realize: 意识到
开始只是一些小事情,我没有意识到有什么隐情。
I mean, he'd slap me over some little problem.
slap: 掌掴 problem: 问题
比如说,他会由于一个小问题,而打我一个耳光。
But he'd always apologize. Then it got worse.
apologize: 道歉
但是他总是会道歉。然后事情变糟了。
And one day, eight years ago, my son spilled soda on our new carpet.
spill: 泼出 soda: 苏打水 carpet: 地毯
然后在8年前的一天,我的儿子把苏打水洒到了新买的地毯上。
Before I could move to protect him, Virgil had knocked him on the ground and began kicking him.
protect: 保护 knock: 敲击  kick: 踢
在我反应过来之前,Virgil就已经把儿子打倒在地,并且不断的踢他。
I wanted to protect my baby, but I didn't get there in time.
in time: 及时
我想去保护孩子,可是我没来得及。
-Psychiatrist: What happened to your son?
你儿子怎么了?
-Betty: He died. I came across one of his baby pictures last weekend.
come across: 偶然遇到
呃,他死了。上周末我偶然翻到他的相片。
That's when the nightmares started again.
nightmare: 噩梦
然后我又开始做恶梦了。
The last doctor I saw said that I needed to let go of my guilt, and then I would start sleeping again.
let go of: 释放,放开 guilt: 有罪
上一个医生说我需要对我的过失释怀,然后我就能够安稳睡觉了。
Of course, that's easier said than done. And I am getting so tired.
当然说总是比做容易。我现在感到身心俱疲。
-Psychiatrist: I'm gonna start you on Nitrazepam. That should do the trick.
do the trick: 起作用 trick: 计谋
我先给你开个硝基安定(镇定药)。应该会有些效果。
-Betty: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Psychiatrist: I certainly hope your husband was punished for what he did.
punish: 惩罚
我真希望你的丈夫恶有恶报。
-Betty: Oh, there was retribution. I made sure of that.
retribution: (由于伤害等)应得的惩罚或赔款
来世会有报应的,我确信这一点.
-Phyllis: Where you off to?
你去做什么?
-Bree: I'm, uh, I'm going to see Rex's lawyer. We're going to go some details involving Rex's will.
go over: 留下印象 detail: 细节 involving: 包含
我,我要去见Rex的律师。我们要商谈一下Rex的遗愿的问题。
Phyllis, obviously, I'm just mortified over slapping you.
obvouely: 明显地 mortified:羞愧,懊恼  slap: 掌掴
Phyllis...显然,我因为掴你而感到羞怒。
I, I've just been in a weird place since Rex's death, but, that's no excuse. I'm very, very sorry.
weird: 奇怪的 excuse: 借口,理由
Rex去世以后我就处在一种莫名奇妙的状态中,但是... 我还是没有理由那么做。我十分,十分的抱
歉 。
-Phyllis: No need to apologize. You're family. All's forgiven.
apologize: 道歉 forgive: 原谅
你不需要道歉了。我们是一家人嘛。有什么不好说的。
-Bree: Really?
真的?
-Phyllis: It's been a difficult time for all of us. I totally understand. Now, go.
对我们来说,这都是一段难熬的时光。我完全理解。快去吧!
You don't want to be late for your meeting about Rex's will.
will: 遗嘱
你一定不想迟到那个关于Rex的遗愿的。
-Mr. Flannery: Claims. This is Joe Flannery.
claim:声明
你好,我是Joe Flannery。
-Phyllis: Hello, um, could I speak to someone about the death benefits for Rex Van de Kamp, please?
bebefit: 好处,利益
你好,我要找负责处理Rex Van de Kamp的后事的那个人。
This is his mother.
我是他的妈妈。
-Mr. Flannery: Yes, uh, we've already spoken to his wife several times.
是的,我们已经和他的妻子说过很多次了。
We are moving as quickly as we can.
我们在尽快的进行处理。
-Phyllis: Are you aware that my daughter-in-law has a boyfriend?
aware: 意识到 daughter-in-law: 儿媳
你知道我的儿媳有个男友吗?
-Mr. Flannery: I'm listening.
我记一下。
-Mary Alice: Control.It's extraordinary the tactics people employ to obtain it.
control: 控制 extrodinary: 非同寻常的 tactic: 策略 employ: 使用 obtain: 获得
控制...人们为了得到它真是无所不为.
Some rely on deception. While others engage in outright trickery.
rely on: 信赖,依赖 deception: 诡计 engage in: 从事于 outright: 直率的 trickery: 欺骗,诡计
有些人靠诡计。有的人则用正直的把戏。
Then there are those who resort to extortion. Why do we fight so hard for control?
resort to: 诉诸于 exortion: 强取 fight for: 为…战斗
还有一些人则屈服于勒索。我们为什么这么拼命的希望得到控制呢?
Because we know to lose it is to put our fate in the hands of others.
fate: 命运 in the hands of: 由…照管
因为我们知道,一旦失去了控制,我们的命运就掌握在别人手里了。
And what could be more dangerous?
dangerous: 危险的
还有什么比这更危险的呢?
 
 

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有