加载中…
个人资料
雷雨交加的那个夜晚
雷雨交加的那个夜晚
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:31,445
  • 关注人气:24
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

[转载]Downton.Abbey.S01E01.唐顿庄园.第一季.第一集.经典台

(2012-11-27 22:22:28)
标签:

转载

哪怕这辈子只有一次 我真想睡到自然醒
Just for once in my life I'd like to sleep until I woke up natural.

还真是不可思议啊
Oh, my, my, will wonders never cease?

你怎么不开灯
Why didn't you put the lights on?
我不敢
I daren't.
电又不是什么牛鬼蛇神
Well, it's electricity and not the devil's handiwork.
你早晚都得习惯的
You'll have to get used to it sooner or later.

天哪  傻丫头 你是要生火  又不是钻木取火
Oh, heavens, girl! You're building a fire, not inventing it.

为什么还要熨报纸
Why are their papers ironed?
关你什么事
What's it to you?
为了让油墨干透  傻丫头 怎能让老爷的手弄得和你一样脏呢
To dry the ink, silly. We wouldn't want His Lordship's hands to be as black as yours.

这是真的吗
Is it really true?
恐怕是的
Afraid so.
世事无常啊
Nothing in life is sure.

势必还有其他熟人
There are bound to be others.

我以为它永不沉没呢
I thought it was supposed to be unsinkable.
没有高不可攀的山峰
Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it,
也没有永不翻沉的船
so every ship is unsinkable until it sinks.

真是惨到无以言表
It's too awful for any words.

只有你亲口告诉她才行
She can't hear about it from anyone else.

夫人惊得面色煞白
Her ladyship was the colour of this cloth.

想用白天的时间熟悉环境  今晚上任
Thought I'd use the day to get to know the place, start tonight.

难道是说我必须戴重孝吗
Does this mean I'll have to go into full mourning?
我的堂兄和侄子几乎已确定遇难
My first cousin and his son are almost certainly dead.
我们全家都得服丧 
We'll all be in mourning.
不  我是说那件事  毕竟没有正式订婚
No, I mean with the other thing. After all, it wasn't official.
若你不想以未婚妻的身份为帕特里克戴孝  那就随你吧
If you're saying you do not wish to mourn Patrick as a fiance, that is up to you.
反正只有家里人知道
Well, no one knew about it outside the family.
我说了  你自己决定
I repeat, it is up to you.
这样我就放心了
Well, that's a relief.

我竟被个跛脚的强盗(出自《金银岛》)抢了职位
I can't believe I've been passed over for Long John Silver.
上次有机会  这话你就该直接挑明
You should have spoken up when you had the chance.
下次别再犯同样的错
Don't make the same mistake next time.
谁知还会不会有下次
Who says there'll be a next time?

就不能等确定他们遇难了 再讨论这件事
Can't we at least wait until we know they're dead before we discuss it?
别说得好像我铁石心肠一样  我也很伤心
Don't talk as if I'm not brokenhearted, because I am.

不知这次我又做错了什么
I wonder what I've done wrong this time.

我不太确定他能否胜任这份工作
I'm not entirely sure that he'll prove equal to the task.
但这由老爷您决定
But your lordship will be the judge of that.

我当然已经得知  否则何必匆匆赶来
Of course I've heard. Why else would I be here?

罗伯特不想让您因报纸上的消息而哀伤过度
Robert didn't want you to read about it in the newspaper and be upset.
他多虑了
He flatters me.
我没那么多愁善感
I'm tougher than I look.
当然了  我为可怜的帕特里克感到难过
I'm very sorry about poor Patrick, of course.

这么说我们将成为朋友
Are we to be friends, then?
不如说是同盟  亲爱的  同盟办事效率更高
We are allies, my dear, which can be a good deal more effective.

我们日常起居有规有矩 这些规矩起初令人望而生畏
We live by certain standards and those standards can at first seem daunting.
应该的
Of course.
如果你面见大人时感到拘谨不安
If you find yourself tongue-tied in the presence of his lordship,
那么他的礼仪和风范 会帮助你很快地进入角色
I can only assure you that his manners and grace perform your duties to the best of your ability.

食物准备得也太多了吧 他们可是正在服丧
Seems like a lot of food when you think they're all in mourning.
哀伤总是让人又饿又累
Nothing makes you hungrier or more tired than grief.
我姐姐走的时候  愿她安息
When my sister died, God rest her soul,
我一口气吃了四盘三明治
I ate my way through four platefuls of sandwiches at one sitting
然后睡了整整12个小时
and slept round the clock.
那之后你感觉好些吗
Did it make you feel better?
没什么用  可总能打发时间
Not much, but it passed the time.

沉船之后这成了我们
It has been our sole topic of conversation
唯一的话题
since the day the ship went down.
尽管对格兰瑟姆夫人非常不公
Of course it must seem horribly unjust to Lady Grantham,
可法律规定如此
but that is how the law stands.
真没有办法帮她留份财产吗
Is there really no way to detach her money from the estate?
连我都觉得这很荒谬
Even to me, it seems absurd.
令尊坚持要这么做
Your father tied the knots pretty tight.
没有余地变通
I'd say it's unbreakable.

伊迪丝  何必这么入戏呢
Really, Edith, do you have to put on such an exhibition?
她是真伤心
She's not.
要和他订婚的不是你  是我
I was supposed to be engaged to him, for heaven's sake, not you.
我都没这么失态
And I can control myself.
那你就该羞愧
Then you should be ashamed.

尘埃落定了吗
So, has it all been settled?
哪儿都没落定呢
No. I don't know if anything's been settled.
曼城确实有位继承人
There's a fellow in Manchester with claims to the title,
但离确定还早着呢
I gather, but it's all a long way from settled.
你可别往心里去
You mustn't take it personally.
不  我确实很担心  休斯太太
No, I do take it personally, Mrs. Hughes.
我不忍心眼睁睁 看着亲人无端失去财产
I can't stand by and watch our family threatened with a loss of all they hold dear.
他们不算我们亲人吧
They are not our family.
他们是我唯一的亲人
Well, they're all the family I've got.
抱歉  我失态了
I beg your pardon.

您平白没了财产 还得故作镇定
They can't expect you to sit by silent as your fortune is stolen away.

帕特里克出事  我知道你是伤心的
I know you're sad about Patrick.
不管你怎么逞强
Whatever you say, I know it.
你真贴心
You're a darling.
可我并没那么伤心
But you see, I'm not as sad as I should be.
这才让我难过
And that's what makes me sad.

贝茨  说白了吧
Bates, we have to be sensible.
你要是负担太重 我这就是在帮倒忙
I won't be doing you a favour in the long run if it's too much for you.
有交情没错  可正事不能耽误
No matter what we've been through, it's got to work.
当然了长官  不  老爷
Of course it has, sir. I mean, My Lord.
怀念打仗的日子吧  贝茨
Do you miss the army, Bates?
怀念是有的  可总得向前看
I miss a lot of things, but you have to keep moving, don't you?
没错  说得好
You do, indeed.
老爷  我会证明我绝不辜负您
I'll show you, My Lord, I promise. I won't let you down.
大风大浪都一起过来了  对吧
We've managed so far, haven't we?
对  当然
Yes, we have. Of course we have.

您说说他吧
You may have to do something about it.
她就会找麻烦
She's always making trouble.
她忍到现在才说  难道也是搬弄是非
Is that fair when she hasn't mentioned it before now?
你怎么老听她的瞎话
I don't know why you listen to her.

罗伯特  亲爱的  我不想说难听话
Robert, dear, I don't mean to sound harsh...
难不难听的  您反正是要说的
You may not mean to, but I bet you will.
二十四年前你违背我愿 为了钱财  娶了柯拉
Twenty-four years ago you married Cora, against my wishes, for her money.
现在钱要拱手送人 那之前费劲娶她有什么意义呢
Give it away now, what was the point of your peculiar marriage in the first place?
假如我说她让我无比幸福 您会相信吗
If I were to tell you she'd made me very happy, would that stretch belief?
你娶她可不是为了这个 再说了当时有那么多的姑娘 随意选一位都合我意
It's not why you chose her, above all those other girls who could've filled my shoes so easily.
实话跟您讲吧  当我回想起 当年追求柯拉的动机时  我感到很羞愧
If you must know, when I think of my motives for pursuing Cora, I'm ashamed.
您就别再旧事重提刺激我了
There's no need to remind me of them.
你就一点都不在乎唐顿吗
Don't you care about Downton?
您觉得呢
What do you think?
我这一生的精力都倾注在唐顿庄园上
I've given my life to Downton.
我生于斯  也希望死于斯
I was born here and I hope to die here.
我毕生的事业就是振兴这份家产
I claim no career beyond the nurture of this house and the estate.
这大半辈子我含辛茹苦  呕心沥血
It is my third parent and my fourth child.
我在乎吗  我当然在乎
Do I care about it? Yes, I do care!

你们不会是在争执吧
I hope I don't hear sounds of a disagreement.
这就是纽约人对"讨论"的叫法吗
Oh, is that what they call discussion in New York?
我很高兴你们在吵架
Well, I'm glad you're fighting.
很高兴总算有人想起来抗争一下了
I'm glad somebody's putting up a fight.
你不是真的跟奶奶吵架吧  爸爸
You're not really fighting Granny, are you, Papa?
你们的奶奶也只是想有个万全之策
Your grandmother merely wishes to do the right thing.
我也一样
And so do I.

你很享受战争的感觉吗
Did you enjoy the war?
我想没人喜欢享受战争 但也有些不错的回忆
I don't think anyone enjoys war, but there are some good memories, too.
00:36:38,080 --> 00:36:39,450
我也确信肯定是有的
I'm sure there are.

你们在这儿干吗呢
What are you doing up here?
你管得着吗
It's a free country.

好吧  那我给莫里写封信
Well, I'm going to write to Murray.
他也无计可施
He won't say anything different.
千里之行  始于足下 
Well, we have to start somewhere.

快快请进  您舟车劳顿想必甚为疲惫
Come on in, you must be worn out.

和我独处你开心吗  小姐
And are you pleased to be alone with me, my lady?
天哪  若我坦诚相告
Oh, dear, if I answer truthfully,
那就太不矜持了
you'll think me rather forward.

为什么要向那个人道歉
Why did you apologise to that man?
他无权干涉我们
It's not his business what we do.
犯了错就道歉
I always apologise when I'm in the wrong.
这是我的习惯
It's a habit of mine.

我喜欢充实点
I like to keep busy.
这样就不至于胡思乱想
It takes your mind off things.
胡思乱想些什么
What things have you got to take your mind off?

我不能要您的钱  老爷
I couldn't take your money, my lord.
除非那是我的劳动所得
I can take wages for a job done. That's all.

不必急着今晚走
There's no need to rush out into the night.

世间若还有公道  她理应继承
It will be, if there's any justice in the world.

金龟婿没上钩吗
So he slipped the hook?
至少我没有坐以待毙
At least I'm not fishing with no bait.

我母亲一直叮嘱我 别留下白纸黑字的明证
You know, my mother's always telling me never put anything in writing.
如今  多亏了你  我会引以为戒的
And now, thanks to you, I never will again.

别得了便宜还卖乖
Don't pretend to be a child because it suits you.

确实有突发急事  不得不走
Alas, something's come up which has taken me quite by surprise.

0

  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有