加载中…
个人资料
crazyenglish
crazyenglish
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:3,920
  • 关注人气:16
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

2010年10月5日 实战篇100句 61-100

(2010-10-02 23:59:01)
标签:

杂谈

61.It's not likely that...
不太可能……
It's not likely that he will succeed.
他不太可能赢。
It's not likely that they would agree.
他们不太可能同意。
62.It's your turn to...
轮到你……
Andrew's Note: Americans pride themselves on their fairness, and taking turns is engrained in children from a very young age. Whether it comes to sharing toys or household tasks, children are taught to take their turn. 美国人对他们的公平意识感到自豪,轮流做事从孩子们很小的时候就在脑海里根深蒂固了。不管是分享玩具还是分配家务劳动,孩子们都学会要轮流交换。
It's your turn to make dinner.
轮到你做饭了。
63.Just let me know if...
如果……,就告诉我。
Just let me know if I can do anything for you.
如果有什么我可以帮忙的,就告诉我。
Just let me know if you don't understand.
如果你不明白,就告诉我。
64.Maybe I will...
或许我可以……
Maybe I will be able to see you tonight.
或许我今晚可以见你。
65....means a lot to me.
……对我来说很重要。
My family means a lot to me.
我的家庭对我来说很重要。
66.My point is...
我的意思是……
Andrew's Note: This is an excellent way to explain the essence of something you have already said. 用这个句型来解释你已经说过的话中的精髓,那是再好不过了。
My point is that you're wasting your time at that job.
我的意思是你做那个工作是在浪费时间。
My point is that you need to be more reponsible.
我的意思是你的责任心不够。
67....neither...nor...
既不……,也不……
He neither drinks nor smokes.
他既不抽烟,也不喝酒。
68.Nice to...
很高兴……
Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。
Nice to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你们。
69.No wonder...
难怪……
You jogged 10 miles? No wonder you're so tired.
你跑了10英里?难怪你这么累。
70....not only..., but also...
不仅……,而且……
His girlfriend is not only pretty, but also intelligent.
他的女朋友不仅漂亮,而且很聪明。
71.... not that...
没那么……
I'm not that stupid!
我可没那么蠢!
English is not that difficult.
英语没那么难。
72....nothing but...
就只有……/除了……,啥都没有。
I did nothig but sleep all weekend.
整个周末,我除了睡觉,啥都没做。
73.Now that...
既然……
Now that you have come, you may as well stay for a couple of days.
既然你已经来了,就呆几天吧!
74....one of the most...
最……之一。
I think she is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.
我想她是我见过的最漂亮的女孩之一了。
75.Please don't...
请不要……
Andrew's Note: It's always polite to add please to any request you make. 在你提出的任何要求前面加上“please”总是显得十分礼貌。
Please don't say that. It's not your fault.
请不要那样说。那不是你的错。
Please don't make a fuss.
请不要小题大做。
76...., that is to say, ...
……,也就是说,……
Andrew's Note: One of the special things about English is the multitude of different ways one can say the same thing. English speakers often like to say the same thing twice, joined with this phrase, in order to make their meaning more dear. 英语的一个特点就是可以用很多不同的方式来说明同一件事情。讲英语的人为了使他们的意思表达得更清楚明白,经常喜欢将这个短语放在句子中间,把同一件事情表达两次。
He's a workaholic, that is to say, a man who devotes all his energy to work.
他是个工作狂,也就是说,他把全部精力都投入到工作中。
77.That reminds me...
那提醒了我/那让我想起了……
That reminds me I need to buy my wife a gift for her birthday.
那提醒了我要给我妻子买一件生日礼物。
That reminds me of the summer we spent on Hainan Island.
那让我想起了我们在海南岛度过的夏季。78.That's the best...
那是最好的……
That's the best you'll find.
那是你能找到的最好的东西。
79.That's very...of you.
你真……
That's very nice of you.
你真好。
80.They say...
听人说/有人说……
Andrew's Note: Who are “they”? No one knows. But any time you want to back a statement with more authority than your own, you can just say that “they” say so, but be ready to say who “they” are if somone asks you. 到底谁是“他们”?没人知道。但有时你想找到比自己更有说服力的人来支持你的言论,那么你就可以简单地说“他们都这么说”。但如果有人问你“他们是谁”,你要有回答的准备。
They say the president is going to resign.
听人说总裁要辞职。
They say our manager is gay.
有人说我们经理是同性恋。
81.What a...!
真是/多么……!
What a surprise!
真是意想不到!
What a pretty girl!
多漂亮的姑娘啊!
82.What can we do to...?
我们怎样才能……?
What can we do to change his mind?
我们怎样才能改变他的想法呢?
What can we do to help save the environment?
我们怎样才能保护环境呢?
83.What do you mean by...?
你……是什么意思?
Andrew's Note: A wonderful way to express your displeasure. 这个句型是表达你不满的极好方式。
What do you mean by saying that?
你那样说是什么意思呢?
What do you mean by raising your voice to me?
你提高声调对我说话是什么意思?
84.What else...?
还有什么……?
What else have you heard?
你还听到了什么?
What else do you want to know?
你还想知道什么?
85.What...for?
……是为了什么?
What did you do that for?
你那样做是为了什么?
What did you come back here for?
你回来是为了什么?
86.What I'm saying is...
我是说……
What I'm saying is that you are going to get in trouble.
我是说,你会惹麻烦的。
87.What if...?
如果……怎么办?
What if I fail?
如果我失败了怎么办?
What if he finds out our secret?
要是他发现了我们的秘密怎么办?
88.What makes you...?
是什么让你/你怎么会……?
What makes you so upset?
是什么让你这么心烦意乱啊?
What makes you change your job?
你怎么会跳槽呢?
89.What's...about?
……是关于什么的?
What's this meeting about?
这次会议是关于什么内容的?
What's all the fuss about?
干嘛大惊大怪?
90.What's wrong with...?
……怎么了?
What's wrong with him?
他怎么了?
What's wrong with your eyes? Did you get in a fight?
你的眼睛怎么了?是不是跟别人打架了?
91.What's your favorite...?
你最喜欢的……是什么?
Andrew's Note: A good way of getting to know new people is by asking what their favorite things are, and telling them a few of your favorites. 试着了解陌生人的一个很好的方式就是问他们最喜欢的是什么,并且告诉他们一些你最喜欢的事情。
What's your favorite food?
你最喜欢吃什么?
What's your favorite pastime?
你最喜欢的消遣是什么?
【李阳老师的话】
我曾听到一个学生说了这样的一句话:“Playing computer games is my most favorite pastime.”请大家注意,尽管“favorite”是个形容词,但它已经具有最高级的意思,所以前面是不能再加“most”的。
92.When could you possibly...?
你大概什么时候能……?
When could you possibly let me know the result?
你大概什么时候能告诉我结果?
When could you possibly deliver the goods?
你们大概什么时候能发货?
93.When would you like to...?
你想什么时候……?
When would you like to place an order?
你想什么时候下订单?
When would you like me to come?
你想我什么时候来?
94.Who's...here?
这里谁是……?
Who's the manager here?
这里谁是经理?
Who's the best pingpong player here?
这里谁乒乓球打得最好?
95.Why do you have to...?
你为什么要……?
Why do you have to tell her the truth?
你为什么要告诉她真相?
96.Why do you think...?
你为什么会认为……?
Andrew's Note: If someone expresses an opinion you aren't sure about, this is a good way to make him say a little more before you offer your opinion. 如果某人在表达一个你不太肯定的观点,那么你可以用这个句型让他们在你提出你的看法前多说一点。Why do you think he is unqualified for the job?
你为什么会认为他不能胜任这份工作呢?
Why do you think going to English corners is useless?
你为什么会认为去英语角没有用?
97.Why don't you...?
为什么不/何不……?
Andrew's Note: Americans use this sentence pattern to make a suggestion, not to ask for reasons. If someone asks you a question like this and you respond by giving the honest reasons why you don't, that person might be a little surprised. 美国人用这个句型来提出建议,而并非是询问原因。如果有人像这样问你,而你诚实地回答你为什么不,那么别人就会感到有点吃惊。
Why don't you come with me?
为什么不跟我一起去呢?
Why don't you tell him the truth?
为什么不告诉他真相呢?
98.Would you like to...?
你想……吗?
Would you like to go for a walk?
你想出去散散步吗?
Would you like to try some Beijing duck?
你想尝一尝北京烤鸭吗?
99.Would you mind...?
你介意……吗?
Would you mind waiting for an hour or two?
请你等一两个小时,你介意吗?
Would you mind not smoking here?
请你不要在这里吸烟好吗?
100.You shouldn't...
你不应该……
You shouldn't waste your time.
你不应该浪费时间。
You shouldn't complain so much.
你不应该有那么多抱怨。

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有