加载中…
个人资料
殷为
殷为
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:4,842
  • 关注人气:2
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

A Denial---Elizabeth Browning伊丽莎白·芭蕾特·布

(2010-06-26 15:54:33)
标签:

杂谈

We have met too late-it is too late to meet,     

我们相见已晚,太晚而不该相见,

O friend, not more than friend!                  

啊,朋友,仅仅是朋友!

Death's forecome shroud is tangled around my feet,

死神早来的尸布已在我脚上缠裹,

And if I step or stir, I touch the end.          

如果我迈步或动身,就会大限临头.

In this last jeopardy                            

在这最后的危险关头,

Can I approach thee,I,who cannot move?           

我怎能接近你,我,这不能动的人?

How shall I answer thy request for love?         

我将怎样答复你对爱的求恳?

Look in my face and see.                         

瞧瞧我的脸,看清楚.

            

                      II

I love thee not, I dare not love thee! go        

我不爱你,我不敢爱你!走吧,

In silence; drop my hand.                        

不必说话;请放下我的手.

If thou seek roses, seek them where they blow    

你要寻找玫瑰,就在她们盛开的地方找吧,

In garden-alleys, not in desert-sand.           

在花园小径,而不在荒漠沙丘.

Can life and death agree,                        

生命与死亡怎能携手,

That thou shoudst stoop my song to my complaint? 

你竟拿你的歌来屈就我的怨艾?

I cannot love thee. If the world is faint,       

我不能爱你.如果话语虚弱无力,

Look in my face and see.                         

就瞧瞧我的脸,看清楚.

 

                     III

I might have loved thee in some former days.     

在早些日子里,我也许会爱上你,

Oh, then, my spirits had leapt                   

啊,那时,要听见你爱的颂赞,

As now they sink, at hearing thy love-praise!    

我的心魂早已飞扬,哪像现在这般灰死.

Before these faded cheeks were overwept,         

在这凋残的红颜被哭悼之前,

Had this been asked of me,                      

如果我听到如此的请求:

To love thee with my whole strong heartand head,-

要我用全部坚强的心意来爱你——

I should have said still yes, but smiled and said,

我本来还会说......是的,只是微笑着说句:

"Look in my face and see!"                       

"瞧瞧我的脸,看清楚!"

 

                      IV

But now , God sees me, God, who took my heart    

可如今上帝看见了我,他已经取走我的心;

And drowned it in life's surge.                  

把它溺死在生命的波涛里.

In all your wide warm earth I have no part-      

在你辽阔而温暖的大地上我无处存身——

A light song overcomes me like a dirge.          

轻快的歌曲竟似挽歌使我压抑.

来源:(http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4be3e9bf010008h5.html) - A Denial---Elizabeth Browning_静静_新浪博客

Could love's great harmony                      

 当圣徒们解脱的时候

The saints keep step to when their bonds are loose

欢舞踏和着的爱神的太和之弦,

Not weigh me down? am I a wife to choose?        

我又怎能承受?我可是做妻子的人选?

Look in my face and see-                         

瞧瞧我的脸,看清楚——

 

                       V

While I behold, as plain as one who dreams,        

当我看见,如人在梦中所见的那么清晰,

Some woman of full worth,                         

 一个十全十美的女人,

Whose voice, as cadenced as a silver stream's,     

她的嗓音婉转似汩汩的银溪,

Shall prove the fountain-soul sends it forth,      

将证明那源头的灵魂也同样清纯;

One younger, more thought-free                      

她比我更年轻,更无忧无虑,

And fair and gay, than I, thou must forget,        

更漂亮也更活泼,你想必已遗忘,

With brighter eyes than these...which are not wet...

那双眼比我这双——没有湿意——更明亮

Look in my face and see!                           

瞧瞧我的脸,看清楚!

 

                       VI

So farewell thou, whom I have known too late    

那就请珍重吧,我认识你太迟

To let thee come so near.                       

无法让你来得太近.

Be counted happy while men call thee great,     

感到幸福吧,当男人们称赞你了不起,

And one beloved woman feels thee dear!-         

一个被爱的女人觉得你可爱可亲!——

Not I!-that cannot be.                          

不是我!——那不能够.

I am lost, I am changed,-I must go farther, where

我已迷失,已被改变——我必须走得更远,

The change shall take me worse, and no one dare 

在那里我将经历更大的沧桑,而没有人敢

Look in my face and see.                        

瞧瞧我的脸,看个清楚.

 

                       VII

Meantime I bless thee. By these thoughts of mine

同时我祝福你,凭我这些思绪,

I bless thee from all such!                     

我祝福你摆脱这一切!

I bless thy lamp to oil, thy cup to wine,       

我祝福你杯中酒常满,灯里油常续,

Thy hearth to joy, thy hand to an equal touch   

炉边欢笑多,与你的手相握

Of loyal troth. For me,                         

是一个同等忠诚的誓约.至于我,

I love thee not, I love thee not!-away!         

我不爱你,我不爱你!——走开!

Here's no more courage in my soul to say:       

我的灵魂里再也没有勇气说:

"Look in my face and see."                      

 "瞧瞧我的脸,看清楚了."

 

 

她的诗和她的爱情

  --女诗人 Elizabeth Barrett Browning 小传

  伊丽莎白·芭蕾特·布朗宁,又称勃朗宁夫人白朗宁夫人,是十九世纪英国著名女诗人,生于1806年3月6日。十五岁时,不幸骑马跌损了脊椎。从此,下肢瘫痪达24年。在她39岁那年,结识了小她6岁的诗人Robert Browning.她那充满着哀怨的生命从此打开了新的一章。

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有