My tomato plants didn't thrive very well this year during the summer, whatever we harvested mostly go to my son A's dinner plate.
I made Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
for A one day and he likes it very much, I then made this Egg, Tomato dough drops soup for him some days later. He finished the whole bowl on his own!
2 只 中型 番茄
1 只 鸡蛋
1/2 杯/1/2 小碗/70 克 面粉
1/2 小勺 番茄沙士
2 Medium size tomatoes
1 Large egg
1/2 cup/70 g All purpose flour
Few drops of sesame oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
Oil for cooking
1. Place flour in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Adjust the faucet so that water flows represent a thin line of water. Add water to the flour mix slowly, swirl the bowl around to make sure water touches most of the flour.
2. Use a chopstick or spoon to stir the flour until no dried flour left and the dough represents many many small dough.
3. Whisk together eggs with
salt and pepper powder until fluffy.
4. Make a cross cut on tomatoes and blanch it in boiling water for 1-2 minutes before soaking in ice water. The heat and cold treatment will separate the skin from flesh, remove skin from tomatoes.
5. Heat up a wok with a tbsp of oil and make scrambled egg, dish out and and set aside.
6. In the same wok, add the blanched tomatoes and cook it at medium heat, break it into small pieces using the spatula cook until juice release. Season the tomato with salt and tomato ketchup.
7. Add the scrambled eggs and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes or until the eggs absorbed the juices.
8. Add enough water to cover the tomato and egg, bring to boil, add the flour dough in and bring to cook. Add a few drops of sesame oil and some chopped spring onion before serving.