加载中…
个人资料
复活
复活
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:27,144
  • 关注人气:17
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

新英语900句之基础篇 Lesson52:At the office在办公室

(2011-11-29 14:51:46)
标签:

新英语900句

杂谈

分类: 新英语900句生活篇文本

新英语900句之基础篇 Lesson52:At the office在办公室


766. Please have a seat.
请坐。
767.  How do you feel about working on weekends?
你觉得周末上班怎么样?
768. The yacht market is slow this time of the year.
一年中的这个时候,游艇市场很低靡。
769.  You haven’t made a single sale in the past 3 weeks.
过去的三个星期里,你一笔销售业务也没有做成。
770.  I’ll try to help you make a dent in some of that work.
我会尽量帮你着手其中的一些工作。
771.  How does this fax machine work?
这传真机效果如何?
772.  Is the repairman coming to fix the photocopier?
修理人员来修复印机了吗?
773.  I’m going on a break to get some coffee.
我要休息一下,去喝点咖啡。
774.  These accounts need to be paid immediately .
这些账单要马上付。
775.  I heard there’re going to lay off some people this quarter.
我听说这个季度要裁一些人。
776.  Sales have gone way up this month.
这个月销售上升很快。
777.  I left the papers on my desk.
我把文件放在桌子上了。
778.  We need to cut costs somewhere in this office.
我们办公室必须削减开支了。
779.  Has the outgoing mail left for the day?
要寄出的邮件今天寄出了吗?
780.  Can someone answer that phone?
     有谁能去接一下电话吗?   
               
【生词解读】
1. yacht         n.  快艇;游艇
2. fax machine       传真机            
3. repairman        n.  修理工
4. immediately     adv. 立即;即刻;马上
5. outgoing      n. 外出;流出;支出


 

Dialogue 1:

 

A: hello Mr. Porter. have a seat.

       你好,波特先生,请坐。

B: thank you .

         谢谢。

A: I like what I see in your application. I just need to ask you a few questions.

          我看了你的申请表,感到挺满意的。我只需问你几个问题。

B: please go right ahead . I hope I can help.

         请问吧,希望我能帮上忙。

A: good . my first question is how do you feel about working in a small company?

       好的。我的第一个问题是,你对在一个小公司工作有什么看法?

B:I'd prefer to work in a small company. Its easier to make things happen.

         我更喜欢在小公司工作。在小公司工作更容易出成绩。

A: I agree. Do you get along well with co-workers?

          我同意。你跟同事相处得好吗?

B: I've never had any problems before.

        我以前跟同事相处从来都没问题。

A: good. How do you feel about working on weekends?sometimes that is necessary here.

          好的。你对在周末上班怎么看的?我们这里有时候需要周末上班。

B: I'm a young guy. I will do what it takes to get the job done.

        我是个年轻人。为了完成工作,做什么都无所谓。

A: excellent . do you have a family, Mr. Porter?

         好极了。波特先生,你成家了吗?

B: I have a fiancée. We will be married in August.

        我有个未婚妻,我们将在八月份结婚。

A: congratulations . that is nice. I hope you know that your wife will be welcome part of our company. We encourage family life here.

     祝贺你。那太好了。我希望你明白,你的妻子也是我们公司欢迎你加盟的原因之一。我们这里对家庭生活持鼓励态度。

B: that is what I’ve been told.

      别人也是这样对我说的。

A: well . I like what I see here. If you don't have any questions then let me be the first to say welcome to our company.

      好的。我对这里的一切都挺满意。如果你没有什么问题,那就让我成为第一个对你说欢迎加入我们公司的人吧。

 

 

 

 

Dialouge 2:

A: Have you heard the rumor about the new management?

       你有没有听说过一些关于新管理层的传言?

B: No. what is it?

     没有。什么传言?

A: Apparently they were brought in to cut costs. They are going to be reducing some of the departments.

       很显然,新管理层上任是为了降低成本。 他们打算缩减一些部门。

B: That means firing people.

     那意味着要裁员了。

A: exactly . I wonder who will get cut .

         正是。我想知道哪些人会被炒。

B: I'm sure the marketing section will be cut pretty hard.

       我敢肯定营销部会炒掉许多人。

A: I agree. That section is too big and a lot of the workers take their jobs for granted.

          我同意。那个部门太多人了。许多人对工作都是应付了事。

B: I wonder when we'll know for sure.

     我想知道什么时候我们才有确切的消息。

A: It will be probably be a few weeks from now. the new management will have to evaluate the company for a little bit.

             有可能要过几个星期。新的管理层得花点时间对公司进行评估。

B: Maybe they've already done that.

     也许他们已经完成了这项工作。

A: That's possible . If so we'll hearing about it soon.

         有可能。如果是这样。很快我们将听到裁员的消息。

B: I think our jobs are safe . though..

      不过,我认为我们的工作还是有保障的。

A: I'm sure they are. We're more qualified that most people here.

         我敢肯定是这样。我们比这里的大多数人都更胜任。

B: Maybe some cuts will be good for the company.

        也许裁掉一些人对公司会有好处的。

A: They could be good. We'll just have to wait and see.

        是会有好处的,那我们就等得瞧吧。

 


 

 

Dialouge 3:

A: You wanted to see me. Sir?

       你要见我吗,先生?

B: Yes. James. Please come in and sit down. I wanted to ask you about your sales lately.

        是的。詹姆斯。请进来坐。我想就你最近的销售情况问问你。


       A: What about , Sir?

         关于什么呢,先生?

B: I'll be blunt . you haven’t made a single sale in the past 3 weeks . what is going on ?

         我就单刀直入吧。过去三个星期你一单生意都没做成。是怎么一回事?

A: It's January . Sir . The yacht market is slow this time of year.

       现在是一月,先生。每年这个时候游艇销售都是淡季。

B: I understand that. But all my other salesmen have managed at least one sale this month.

         这点我清楚。可是别的销售人员这个月至少做成了单。

A: I don't know what to say, Sir. I suppose I'm having some bad luck.

        我不知道该说什么,先生。我想是我的运气不好吧。

B: Bad luck? I can't afford for my people to have bad luck.

          运气不好?我可承担不起我的手下运气不好。

A: I'm aware of that . Sir .

    这一点我明白。先生。

B: Are you aware that I don't want to have this conversation again?

        你明不明白我不想有第二次这样的谈话?

A: Yes. I understand . I'll see what I can do.

          是的。我明白。我知道该怎么做了。

B: You'd better . Get on the phones more. Start talking to people . stay late if you have to。

       你最好多想办法,勒点打电话,多跟别人交谈。如果有必要,迟些下班。

A: Yes. Sir. I think I can improve the situation.

        是的。先生。我想我能改善现在这种局面。

B: I hope you can . that is all I have. Do you have any questions?

        希望你做到。我要说的就这么多。你有什么问题吗?

A: No questions . sir.

        没问题。先生。

B: Good . I'll talk to you later . Good bye.

         好吧。我以后再找你谈。再见。

 

 

 

 

Dialogue 4:

A: Hi there . Doris . Welcome back.

           你好。多丽比,欢迎回来。

B: I can't believe I'm already back at work.

      真不敢相信我已经回来上班了。

A: how was your trip to Europe?

         去欧洲的旅行怎么样?

B: It was wonderful . It was like a second honeymoon for Jonathan and me.

          妙极了。对于乔纳森和我来说。就像二度蜜月一样。

A: That does sound nice . Where did you go?

          听起来真不错。你们去了哪里了?

B: We flew to London . and then took a train to Paris. From there we went to Rome .

         我们坐飞机到伦敦,然后乘火车到巴黎。从那里我们再去罗马。

A: I need to take a trip like that. You even seem to have a tan.

         我也需要进行这样一次旅行。你连皮肤都晒成古铜色了。

B: Just 48 hours ago I was on the beach in Italy .

     仅仅48小时以前我还在意大利的海滩上呢。

A: I'm so jealous. I don't know why you even came back.

        我羡慕死了。我不明白你为什么还舍得回来上班。

B: I don't either. It looks like I've got a lot of work on my desk.

      我也不想回来,不过我的桌子上好像已经堆了一大堆工作。

A: yes. Unfortunately the sales orders really piled up while you are gone.

       没错。很不幸。你离开的这段时间订单确实来了。

B: oh. Well . I guess I'd better get started.

        噢,好了。我想我最好得开始干活了。

A: I'll try to help you make a dent in some of that work.

        我会尽力帮你着手其中一些工作。

B: Really? Oh,that would be great.

          真的吗?那就太好了。

A: In return . you have to do me one favor.

          作为回报,你得帮我个忙。

B: what is it? Just name it and I'll do it .

     什么忙?尽管说出来,我一定帮。

A: All you have to do is tell me more about your vacation.

       你要做的只需告诉我多一些关于你度假的事情。

B: That seems easy enough .

      那再容易不过了。

 

 

 

 

Dialogue 5:

A: Hello ?

     喂?

B: Yes. This is Stacy Edwards from Pullman Real Estate. Is that Oliver Stanford?

       你好,我是晋尔曼房地产公司的史蒂茜.爱德华。请问是奥利弗.斯坦福吗?

A: Yes , it is. What can I do for you?是的。

        有什么能为你效劳吗?

B: We have some good news on the sale of your house.

       我们有一个好消息告诉你,是关于你要卖房的事。

A: Well . don't keep me in suspense . What is it?

          好了。别吊我胃口了。是什么消息?

B: We have a buyer interested in your place.

       我们有一位买家对你的房子感兴趣。

A: How much does he want it for ?

        他出价多少?

B: He's offered S300,0000.

      他出价S300,000美元。

A: That's above market value. That's a pretty generous offer .

       那可高出市场价。这是个相当大方的出价。

B: That's what we think . we'd like to set up a meeting between you two.

        我们也这么认为。我们想给你们俩定个会面的时间。

A: Yes . that would be good . When were you thinking?

         好的。那太好了。你们打算什么时候?

B: He wanted to meet next Tuesday afternoon.

         对方想下个星期二下午见面。

A: That's fine with me . Will this be at your office?

        我没问题。是在你的办公室见面吗?

B: Yes. And then we thought we could come to see the house.

        是的。而且我们想到时我们可以一起去看看房子。

A: That would be excellent . I'll see you then.

       那样太好了。到时见。

B: thank you . bye now.

     谢谢。再见。


0

阅读 评论 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有