加载中…

【每日科技】9个小改变 与老年痴呆症说拜拜(双语)

2017-07-24 17:32:44评论 科技 改变 老年痴呆
【每日科技】9个小改变 <wbr>与老年痴呆症说拜拜(双语)

One in three cases of dementia couldbe prevented if more people looked after their brain healththroughout life, according to an international study in theLancet.

Lancet》杂志的研究表明,如果更多人关注他们的大脑健康,那么三分之一的痴呆症是可以预防的。

It lists nine key risk factorsincluding lack of education, hearing loss, smoking and physicalinactivity.

它列出了九个主要的风险因素,包括缺乏教育、听力丧失、吸烟和缺乏锻炼。

The study is being presented at theAlzheimer’s Association International Conference inLondon.

这项研究在伦敦阿尔茨海默病协会国际会议上发表。

By 2050, 131 million people could beliving with dementia globally.

2050年,全球有1.31亿人可能患有痴呆症。

There are estimated to be 47 millionpeople with the condition at the moment.

目前估计有4700万人患有此病。

"Although dementia is diagnosed inlater life, the brain changes usually begin to develop yearsbefore," said lead author Prof Gill Livingston, from UniversityCollege London.

“虽然老年痴呆症要在后期才能被诊断出来,但大脑的变化通常在几年前就开始了,”伦敦大学学院的作者吉尔·利文斯顿教授说。

"Acting now will vastly improve lifefor people with dementia and their families and, in doing so, willtransform the future of society."

“现在预防能够改善痴呆患者及其家人的生活,如此一来,将会改变社会的未来。”

The report, which combines the workof 24 international experts, says lifestyle factors can play amajor role in increasing or reducing an individual’s dementiarisk.

24位国际专家整理的这份报告中表示生活方式的因素对于痴呆症患病几率有着重要影响。

How potentially modifiable factorscontribute to the risk of dementia

哪些因素可能会导致痴呆

mid-life hearing loss -9%

中年听力损失- 9%

failing to complete secondaryeducation - 8%

教育程度过低-8%

smoking - 5%

吸烟- 5%

depression - 4%

抑郁 -4%

physical inactivity -3%

缺乏锻炼 -3%

social isolation - 2%

孤立- 2%

high blood pressure -2%

高血压- 2%

obesity - 1%

肥胖- 1%

type 2 diabetes - 1%

2型糖尿病-1%

These - which are thought to bemodifiable risk factors - add up to 35%. The other 65% of dementiarisk is beyond the individual’s control.

这些被认为是潜在因素,加起来是35%。另外65%超出个人控制范围。

Failure to complete secondaryeducation was a major risk factor, and the authors suggest thatindividuals who continue to learn throughout life are likely tobuild additional brain reserves.

未能完成中学教育被认为是主要的风险因素。作者认为,坚持学习的人可能脑容量有所增加。

Another major risk factor is hearingloss in middle age - the researchers say this can deny people acognitively rich environment and lead to social isolation anddepression, which are among other modifiable risk factors fordementia.

另一个主要的风险因素是中年时的听力损伤。研究人员说,这使得人们失去对环境多样性的感知能力,导致与大环境的孤立和抑郁,这也导致其他因素的形成。

Another key message from the reportis that what is good for the heart is good for thebrain.

这份报告的另一个关键信息是,对心脏有益的东西对大脑也有益。

Not smoking, doing exercise, keepinga healthy weight, treating high blood pressure and diabetes can allreduce the risk of dementia, as well as cardiovascular disease, andcancer.

不吸烟,做运动,控制体重,对高血压和糖尿病的治疗都可以降低患痴呆症的风险,也能减少患心血管疾病和癌症的几率。

The researchers say they did not haveenough data to include dietary factors or alcohol in theircalculations but believe both could be important.

研究人员说,他们没有足够的数据来证明饮食习惯或酒精对于痴呆的影响,但他们表示两方面都是十分重要的。

Dr Doug Brown, director of researchat Alzheimer’s Society, said: "Though it’s not inevitable, dementiais currently set to be the 21st Century’s biggest killer. We allneed to be aware of the risks and start making positive lifestylechanges."

阿尔茨海默症学会研究主任道格·布朗博士说:“虽然这不是不可避免的,但痴呆症目前被认为是21世纪最大的杀手,我们都要意识到这个问题并积极改变我们的生活方式。”

Dr David Reynolds, chief scientificofficer at Alzheimer’s Research UK, said: "Alongside preventionresearch, we must continue to invest in research to find alife-changing treatment for people with this devastatingcondition."

英国老年痴呆症研究中心的首席科学官大卫·雷诺兹博士说:“除了对预防工作的研究之外,我们还必须继续投资于对治疗方法的研究之中。”

 

       

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

    作者文章

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 不良信息反馈 电话:4006900000 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有