加载中…
个人资料
瑶光
瑶光
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:86,236
  • 关注人气:24
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

《The Fellowship of the Ring 护戒同盟 》书摘(1)

(2010-04-12 14:56:17)
标签:

杂谈

分类: 英语及笔记

The Fellowship of the Ring

J.R.R.TOLKIEN

 

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve.

我只认识你们当中不到一半的人,即使对这些人,我也还没有熟悉到我想熟悉的程度的一半,我只喜欢你们当中不到一半的人,即使对这些人,我也还没有喜欢到你们值得喜欢的程度的一半。

 

There was more than one power at work.

万事皆有因缘。

 

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment.

许多活着的人都该死,而有些死了的却该活。你能使他们活吗?所以还是不要太热衷于判人死刑了吧。

 

In evil hands it might have done great evil.

在邪恶的人手中它可能会造成巨大的祸害。

 

But you can’t see very far, neither can I.

但你预见不了多长远,我也预见不了多长远。

 

Home is behind, the world ahead.

家园抛身后,世界在前方

And there are many paths to tread.

千条道路任你去闯荡

Through shadows to the edge of night,

穿透黑暗到那夜幕边缘

Until the starts are all alight,

所有星星发出耀眼光芒

Then world behind and home ahead,

然后世界抛身后,家园在前方

We’ll wander back to home and bed,

浪子归来寻觅居室和卧床

Mist and twilight, could and shade,

白天和日影,烟雾和夕阳

Away shall fade! Away shall fade!

纷纷消逝如浮光,如浮光

Fire and lamp, and meat and bread,

生起炉火点着灯,饱食面包和香肠

And then to bed! And then to bed.

然后上床入梦乡,入梦乡。

 

The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourself in, but you cannot for ever fence it out.

整个大功就在你周围!你可以把自己限制在藩篱之内,但你永远不能把世界限制在落入藩篱之外。

 

Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill.

意见是一种危险的礼物,即使是聪明人给聪明人的意见,什么事情在过程中都有可能出差错。

 

Courage is found in unlikely places.

鼓励会不期而遇。

 

It isn’t natural, and trouble will come of it.

事情太不合情合理了,跟着就会有麻烦出现。

 

I see you have ideas of your own, it is as plain as my nose.

我知道你有自己的主意,事情清楚得就像我的鼻子在眼前。

 

All’s well as ends well.

结果好就一切都好。

 

Did you really think you had thrown dust in all our eyes?

你真以为你能逃得过我们的眼睛吗?

 

Jump down a dragon’s throat to save you.

上刀山下火海去救你。

 

You are not a very easy nut to crack.

你可不是一粒容易打开的核桃。

(你也不容易打听秘密)

 

Sun won’t show her face much today.

今天太阳不会露多少脸了。

 

The countless years had filled them with pride and rooted wisdom, and with malice.

无数的岁月使它们充满了自豪,赋予它们浓厚的智慧,也使它们心怀恶意。

 

Society is a masked ball, where everyone hides his real character, and reveals it by hiding. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

社会是一个化妆舞会,在舞会上人人都掩饰自己的特征,而掩饰恰恰又揭了人的特性。

 

Weather would change sometimes quicker than you could change your jacket.

天气有时说变就变,比换件外套还快。

 

Our names and our business are our own.

我们叫什么名字,什么要做,都是我们自己的事情。

 

I have my price.

这是有代价的

 

Caution is one thing and waving is another.

谨慎小心和举棋不定是两码事。

 

You must make up your mind.

你们必须要下定决心。

 

What’s done can’t be undone.

世上没有后悔药。

 

You’ve only to name it.

尽管说吧

 

You know your own business, maybe.

或许你知道你自己在干什么。

 

And if by life or death I can save you, I will.

赴汤蹈火再所不辞。

 

I don’t know of anything else that could have hindered him, except the Enemy himself.

除了敌人自己,我不知道世间还有什么力量能阻拦他。

 

We seem to have enemies all round.

我们看来四面楚歌。

 

We might as well have blown a horn to announce or departure.

看来我们的离去会大张旗鼓。

 

He is not a match for me.

他不是我的对手。

 

Folk are glad to reach their journey’s end, whether the time is long or short.

人们只求能达到目的就很高兴了,不管时间的长和短。

 

We can hardly meat greater danger where we go.

我们现在的境况危险无比。

 

It is a great water before it finds the sea.

在入海之前它已是一条大河了。

 

That was touch and go.

一触即发。

 

Talking would stop me thinking and wondering, which are quite as tiring.

(但是)不说话会使我胡思乱想,那会令我筋疲力尽。

 

My time is coming.

我的机会来了。

 

You have talked and reckoned more than is good for you.

你讲得太多,算得太多,这对你的身体没有好处。

 

Fortune or fate have helped you.

运气和命运帮助了你。

 

That house was, as Bible had long ago reported, a perfect house, whether you like food or sleep or story-telling or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. Merely to be there was a cure for weariness, fear, and sadness.

正像很久以前比尔博报告的那样,无论你是否喜欢这儿的食物或睡觉,讲故事或歌唱,或坐在那里沉思,或是所有快乐的混合体,这所房子是一座非常漂亮的房子。在那儿能治愈疲倦、恐惧以及悲伤。

 

Gandalf was shorter in stature than the other two, but his long white hair, his sweeping silver beard, and his broad shoulders, made him look like some wise king of ancient legend. In his aged face under great snowy brows his dark eyes were set like coals that could leap suddenly into fire.

甘达尔夫的身形比其他两个人矮,但他的白色长发,飘逸的美髯和宽阔的肩膀,让他看起来像是一名从古老传说中走出来的王者。在他饱经风霜的脸上,浓密的眉毛之下隐藏着黑炭的双眸,如同炭火一样,会在时机成熟时突然迸出火焰来。

 

Glorfindel was tall and straight; his hair was shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength.

葛罗芬戴尔高大强壮,他拥有一头金发,英俊的五官毫无惧色,充满了欢欣之情。他的双眼精光逼人,话声如同音乐一样悦耳,旁人都看到出他胸怀智慧,手握权柄,绝不是可以小看的人物。

 

The face of Elrond was ageless, neither old nor young, thought in it was written the memory of many things both glad and sorrowful. His hair was dark as the shadow of twilight, and upon it was set a circlet of silver; his eye were grey as a clear evening; and in them was a light of stars. Venerable he seemed as a king crowned with many winters, and yet hale as a tried warrior in the fullness of his strength. He was the Lord of Rivendell and mighty among both Elves and Men.

爱隆的面孔似乎不受岁月的影响,非老亦非少,上面却留着许多欢乐和悲伤的痕迹。他的头发如同破晓前的阴影一样黑暗,上面套着一个小小的银冠。他的双眸如同清澈的傍晚一样的灰湛,其中隐隐船头出星斗般的光芒。外表看起来,他似乎是经历无数岁月洗礼的睿智的国王,但他所散发出来的气魄又如同身经百战的壮年战士一般。他就是瑞文戴尔的主人,精灵和人类中最出类拔粹的顶尖人物。

 

Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost; her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night; yet queenly she looked, and thought and knowledge were in her glance, as of one who has known many things that the years bring.

她外表看来很年轻,却并非如此单纯。她的秀发上没有任何风霜,而洁白的玉臂及面孔更是洁白无瑕,吹弹可破。她的双目中也同样有着耀目的星光,也同样如同无云的夜晚一样澄澈。但她却散发着一肌皇后一般的高贵气质,她的美目流转之间都充满了睿智和深意,仿佛是看透世事的智者占据了她年轻貌美的身躯。

 

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有