加载中…
个人资料
蔡历国
蔡历国
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:30,765
  • 关注人气:8
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

Lesson Thirty-four  Promotion        升职

(2011-01-02 16:15:41)
标签:

教育

分类: 远洋海员之家

                    Lesson Thirty-four

                Promotion        升职

Dialog A:          Promotion to a Second Officer

对话1:           提升为二副

Ship-owner:        Hello, Captain Zhang. Your second officer will be signed off. I want to promote one of candidates on board your ship as the relieving second officer. I want to discuss this with you.

船东:            喂,张船长,您的二副将解聘,我希望船上能提拔一名二副,我想就此事和您讨论一下。

Captain:           Good morning, Mr. Brown. What about my present third officer?

船长:            早上好,布朗先生。现在的三副如何?

Ship-owner:        Yeah, he is obviously the candidate. What do you think about his personality?

船东:            是,他是当然的候选人,你对他的性格印象如何?

Captain:           He is so quiet actually. He always learns knowledge from the Chief Officer and Second Officer. I think he will be suitable for second officer.

船长:            事实上他很腼腆,他总向大副和二副学知识,我想他适合二副。

Ship-owner:        But, how does he perform the duty in the transitional period?

船东:            但,如何让他在过渡期内完成工作?

Captain:           I will monitor his watch duty.

船长:            我将监督其职责。

 

Dialog B:          Promotion to an Assistant Captain

对话2:           提升为见习船长

Ship-owner:        Hello, Captain Zhang. Since your chief officer Mr. Wang Dong is holding a Captain’s Certificate now, I will arrange a new chief officer and Mr. Wang Dong will be re-arranged as your assistant captain. He will be required to get the experience and learn leader-ship and other skills from you. What is your opinion?

船东:            喂,张船长,由于您的大副王东持船长证书了,我准备安排新大副,王东先生将被重新安排为船长助理,他需要增加船长经验并向您学习领导者艺术和其他技能,您认为如何?

Captain:           Well, Mr. Wang Dong is a good chief officer. He is always helpful. The deck department is managed in good order. I always trust his leadership and seamanship.

船长:            好,王东是个好大副,他总是对我工作有帮助,甲板部管理良好,我总是相信其领导者能力和良好的船艺。

Ship-owner:        It sounds that you agree with the promotion.

船东:            听起来您同意其升职。

Captain:           I hope he will be a competent captain in the near future.

船长:            我希望不久他是个合格船长。

Ship-owner:        Thanks for your co-operation.

船东:            谢谢合作。

 

Dialog C:          Choice a Chief Officer

对话3:           选择大副

Ship-owner:        Your chief officer is incompetent for his job according to your appraisal report. I was wondering the reason.

船东:            根据您的评估报告,您现在大副不胜任工作,我想知道理由。

Captain:           I have reported to your assistant manager. The vital reason is that he is not co-operative. Moreover, the preparation for loading and unloading is not satisfied. Damage reports occasionally occur due to carelessness.

船长:            我已经报告给你的经理助理,最主要的理由他不合作,此外他准备装卸货工作不令人满意,由于疏忽出现的损失报告时有发生。

Ship-owner:        The only person I can arrange for you is Mr. Dong Linlin. Are you satisfied with his performance?

船东:            唯一可以安排给您的只有董林林,您满意他的表现吗?

Captain:           No, he is worse than my present Chief Officer. How about my present Second Officer. Mr. Liu Huanhuan. He holds the Chief Officer’s Certificate. He is problem solving.

船长:            不,他比现在的大副还差。现在的二副刘欢欢如何,他持有大副证书,他总喜欢解决问题。

Ship-owner:        I remember him. He is impressive. Ok, I will arrange promotion very soon.

船东:            我想起来了,我有印象了,好,我尽快安排提升。

 

Practical Expressions:                    实用表达方式

1.              He will be promoted to be the third officer.  他将被提升为三副。

He will be promoted to be the second officer. 他将被提升为二副。

He will be promoted to be the chief officer.   他将被提升为大副。

2.              What do you think of his promotion?       你如何看他提升?

What do you think of his characteristics?    你如何看他性格?

What do you think of his personality?       你如何看他性格?

3.              He is systematic.                    他很系统。

He is cooperative.                   他很合作。

He is responsible.                    他很负责。

He is competent.                     他胜任工作。

4.              He is not responsible.                 他不负责任。

He is incompetent.                    他不胜任工作。

He is not cooperative.                  他不合作。

He is lazy.                          他很懒惰。

He is not a good subordinate.           他不是一个好下级。

5.              I will write the appraisal form.          我将填写评估表。

Please submit appraisal forms to headquarters as soon as possible.

请尽快把评估表交给总部。

6.              He works on board for 12 months.       他在船上干了12个月。

He will be dismissed (signed off).        他将被解雇。

He will be retired.                     他将退休。

7.              He won’t get promotion, as his sea experience is not enough.

由于他的海龄不够,不能得到提升。

He won’t get promotion, as his performance is not satisfied.

由于他表现不令人满意,不能得到提升。

He won’t get promotion without your permission.

没有您的许可他不能得到提升。

8.              His English cannot meet the working requirement.

他的英语不能满足工作需要。

He lacks of leadership.              他缺乏领导者能力。

He lacks of seamanship.             他缺乏船艺知识。

He lacks of awareness on basic and occupational safety.

他缺乏基本安全和职务安全意识。

He lacks of business concept.          他缺乏商务意识。

He knows a little on maritime laws.

他对海事法规方面的知识知道得很少。

9.              I hope a competent chief officer will be selected by headquarters.

我希望总部能选一个合格的大副。

I hope a competent second officer will be chosen by ship-owner.

我希望船东能选一个合格的二副。

I hope a competent third officer will be available within a few days.

我希望几天后合格的三副能到位。

0

阅读 评论 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有