加载中…
个人资料
sibjm
sibjm
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:12,843
  • 关注人气:4
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

《教父》逐句英译汉 P039

(2009-07-12 16:25:41)
标签:

英语

教父

翻译

教育

分类: 英语学习

The Don pressed his old friend's hand.

堂按着他老朋友的手。

He said comfortingly,

他安慰地说:

"Hurry up and get better and we'll take a trip back to Italy together to our old village.

快点,好起来,我们要一起作一次回意大利的旅行,到我们的老村庄。

We'll play boccie in front of the wineshop like our fathers before us."

我们要在酒馆前面玩室外地滚球游戏,象我们的先辈们在我们面前一样。”

 

The dying man shook his head.

要死的人摇着他的头。

He motioned the young men and his family away from his bedside; with the other bony claw he hung fast to the Don.

他示意年轻人和他的家人从他床边离开;用另一只骨瘦如柴的爪子挂住堂。

He tried to speak.

他努力地说。

The Don put his head down and then sat on the bedside chair.

堂把他的头低下,然后坐在床边的椅子上。

Genco Abbandando was babbling about their childhood.

占科·阿班旦多含糊不清地说着他们的童年时期。

Then his coal-black eyes became sly.

然后他墨黑的眼睛变得狡黠。

He whispered.

他低声地说。

The Don bent closer.

堂俯得更近。

The others in the room were astonished to see tears running down Don Corleone's face as he shook his head.

房间里别的人惊讶地看到眼泪从堂-科利昂的脸上流下来,同时他摇着他的头。

The quavering voice grew louder, filling the room.

颤抖的声音变得大了,充满了房间。

With a tortured, superhuman effort, Abbandando lifted his head off his pillow, eyes unseeing, and pointed a skeletal forefinger at the Don.

用痛苦的、超人的努力,阿班旦多把他的头抬离他的枕头,眼睛视而不见,把他的骨骼食指指向堂。

"Godfather, Godfather,"

“教父,教父,”

he called out blindly,

他盲目地喊出,

"save me from death, I beg of you.

从死亡中救出我,我恳求你。

My flesh is burning off my bones and I can feel the worms eating away my brain.

我的肉体在从我的骨骼烧离,我能感觉到蠕虫在吃掉我的脑髓。

Godfather, cure me, you have the power, dry the tears of my poor wife.

教父,治好我,你有能力,弄干我可怜妻子的眼泪。

In Corleone we played together as children and now will you let me die when I fear hell for my sins?"

在科利昂,孩子时候我们一起玩儿,现在你会让我死吗,当我为我的罪恶害怕地狱的时候?”

 

The Don was silent.

堂沉默着。

Abbandando said,

阿班旦多说:

"It is your daughter's wedding day, you cannot refuse me."

“这是你女儿婚礼的日子,你不能拒绝我。”

 

The Don spoke quietly, gravely, to pierce through the blasphemous delirium.

堂安静地、阴沉地说,穿过这不敬的胡说。

"Old friend,"

“老朋友,”

he said,

他说,

"I have no such powers.

我没有这样的能力。

If I did I would be more merciful than God, believe me.

如果我做了,我就会比上帝更仁慈了,相信我。

But don't fear death and don't fear hell.

但别害怕死亡,别害怕地狱。

I will have a mass said for your soul every night and every morning.

我会在每个夜晚和每个早晨有一大堆为你的灵魂说。

Your wife and your children will pray for you.

你的妻子和你的孩子们会为你祈祷。

How can God punish you with so many pleas for mercy?"

有这么多请求宽恕,上帝怎么能惩罚你呢?”

 

The skeleton face took on a cunning expression that was obscene.

骷髅脸现出狡诈的表情,那表情是令人厌恶的。

Abbandanda said slyly,

阿班旦多狡诈地说:

"It's been arranged then?"

“它被安排了那么?”

 

When the Don answered, his voice was cold, without comfort.

当堂回答时,他的声音是冷酷的,没有安慰。

"You blaspheme.

“你口出恶言。

Resign yourself."

让你自己顺从吧。”

 

Abbandando fell back on the pillow.

阿班旦多倒回在枕头上。

His eyes lost their wild gleam of hope.

他的眼睛失去了它们强烈的希望的闪光。

The nurse came back into the room and started shooing them out in a very matter-of-fact way.

护士回到房间里,开始以事务性的方式发出嘘声赶他们出去。

The Don got up but Abbandando put out his hand.

堂进来,但阿班旦多伸出他的手。

"Godfather,"

“教父,”

he said,

他说,

"stay here with me and help me meet death.

“和我留在这儿,帮我见死亡。

Perhaps if He sees you near me He will be frightened and leave me in peace.

也许如果他看见你在我附近,他会被吓坏,把我留在平静中。

Or perhaps you can say a word, pull a few strings, eh?"

或者也许你能说句话,拉一些线(幕后操纵),嗯?”

The dying man winked as if he were mocking the Don, now not really serious.

要死的人眨着眼,似乎他在嘲笑堂,现在不是真正地严肃。

"You're brothers in blood, after all."

“你是血脉兄弟,毕竟。”

Then, as if fearing the Don would be offended, he clutched at his hand.

然后,似乎害怕堂被触怒,他抓向他的手。

"Stay with me, let me hold your hand.

和我待着,让我握着你的手。

We'll outwit that bastard as we've outwitted others.

我们会智取那混蛋,象我们智取其他人一样。

Godfather, don't betray me."

教父,不要背叛我。”

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有