加载中…
个人资料
sibjm
sibjm
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:12,919
  • 关注人气:4
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

《教父》逐句英译汉 P036

(2009-03-17 23:34:56)
标签:

英语

教父

翻译

教育

分类: 英语学习

Finally, the only car left in the driveway was the long black Cadillac with Freddie at the wheel.

最后,留在车道上唯一的轿车是费雷迪驾驶的长黑色卡迪拉克。

The Don got into the front seat, moving with quick coordination for his age and bulk.

堂上了前面的座位,对于他的年龄和大块头来说,迅速协调地移动着。

Sonny, Michael and Johnny Fontane got into the back seat.

桑尼,迈克尔和约翰尼·丰塔纳上了后面的座位。

Don Corleone said to his son Michael,

堂-科利昂对他的儿子迈克尔说:

"Your girl friend, she'll get back to the city by herself all right?"

“你的女朋友,她会独自安全地回到城里吗?”

 

Michael nodded.

迈克尔点点头。

"Tom said he'd take care of it."

“汤姆说他会照管它。”

Don Corleone nodded with satisfaction at Hagen's efficiency.

堂-科利昂带着对哈根效能的满意点点头。

 

Because of the gas rationing still in effect, there was little traffic on the Belt Parkway to Manhattan.

因为汽油限量供应仍然有效,在去曼哈顿的环形公园道路上几乎没有车辆。

In less than an hour the Cadillac rolled into the street of French Hospital.

不到一小时后,卡迪拉克开进了法国医院街道。

During the ride Don Corleone asked his youngest son if he was doing well in school.

坐车期间,堂-科利昂问他最小的儿子,他在学校是否正学得好。

Michael nodded.

迈克尔点点头。

 

Then Sonny in the back seat asked his father,

这时,在后面座位上的桑尼问他的父亲:

"Johnny says you're getting him squared away with that Hollywood business.

“约翰尼说你正要处理好他那个好莱坞的事情。

Do you want me to go out there and help?"

你要我出去到那里帮助吗?”

 

Don Corleone was curt.

堂-科利昂很简短:

"Tom is going tonight.

“汤姆今晚要去。

He won't need any help, it's a simple affair."

他不需要任何帮助,这是一件简单的事情。”

 

Sonny Corleone laughed.

桑尼·科利昂大笑:

"Johnny thinks you can't fix it, that's why I thought you might want me to go out there."

“约翰尼认为你不能处理它,那就是为什么我想你可能要我出去到那里。”

 

Don Corleone turned his head.

堂-科利昂转过他的头。

"Why do you doubt me?"

“为什么你怀疑我?”

he asked Johnny Fontane.

他问约翰尼·丰塔纳。

"Hasn't your Godfather always done what he said he would do?

你的教父没有总是做了他说他要做的吗?

Have I ever been taken for a fool?"

我曾经被当成傻瓜吗?”

 

Johnny apologized nervously.

约翰尼神经紧张地道歉:

"Godfather, the man who runs it is a real .90 caliber pezzonovante.

教父,操纵它的人是一个真正的90口径重要人物。

You can't budge him, not even with money.

你不能让他改变主意,甚至用钱也不能。

He has big connections.

他有重要的关系。

And he hates me.

而且他恨我。

I just don't know how you can swing it."

我只是不知道你怎么能让它突然转向。”

 

The Don spoke with affectionate amusement.

堂带着慈爱的兴致说:

"I say to you:

“我对你说:

you shall have it."

你会听到消息。”

He nudged Michael with his elbow.

他用他的肘轻推迈克尔。

"We won't disappoint my godson, eh, Michael?"

“我们不会让我的教子失望,嗯,迈克尔?”

 

Michael, who never doubted his father for a moment, shook his head.

迈克尔,他从不怀疑他父亲一刻,摇着他的头。

 

As they walked toward the hospital entrance, Don Corleone put his hand on Michael's arm so that the others forged ahead.

当他们走向医院入口时,堂-科利昂把他的手放在迈克尔的胳膊上,让别人慢慢走到前面。

"When you get through with college, come and talk to me,"

“你完成学院的时候,来和我谈。”

the Don said.

堂说。

"I have some plans you will like."

“我有一些你会喜欢的计划。”

 

Michael didn't say anything.

迈克尔什么也没说。

Don Corleone grunted in exasperation.

堂-科利昂恼怒地发出哼声。

"I know how you are.

我知道你是怎么回事。

I won't ask you to do anything you don't approve of.

我不会要求你去做任何你不赞同的事。

This is something special.

这是特别的事。

Go your own way now, you're a man after all.

走你自己的路现在,你毕竟是个男人。

But come to me as a son should when you have finished with your schooling."

但象一个儿子应该的一样来我这儿,当你已经完成学业的时候。”

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有