加载中…
个人资料
sibjm
sibjm
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:12,849
  • 关注人气:4
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

《教父》逐句英译汉 P030

(2009-03-15 03:14:32)
标签:

英语

教父

翻译

教育

分类: 英语学习

Johnny Fontane said with patient weariness,

约翰尼·丰塔纳带着忍耐的疲倦说:

"Godfather, he just hasn't got enough talent.

“教父,他只是没有足够的天分。

He's OK, but he's not big time."

他很好,但他不是第一流。”

 

Don Corleone lidded his eyes almost closed and then said,

堂-科利昂把他的眼睛合得几乎闭上了,然后说:

"And you, godson, you now, you just don't have talent enough.

“那么你,教子,你现在,你就没有足够的天分。

Shall I get you a job on the gravel truck with Nino?"

我要给你一份和尼诺一起在沙砾卡车上的工作吗?”

When Johnny didn't answer, the Don went on.

那时,约翰尼不回答,堂继续说:

"Friendship is everything.

“友谊是一切。

Friendship is more than talent.

友谊胜过天分。

It is more than government.

它胜过政府。

It is almost the equal of family.

它几乎等同于家庭。

Never forget that.

永远别忘记那个。

If you had built up a wall of friendships you wouldn't have to ask me to help.

如果你已经建起了友谊的屏障,你将不必请求我帮助。

Now tell me, why can't you sing?

现在告诉我,为什么你不能唱了?

You sang well in the garden.

你在花园里唱得很好。

As well as Nino."

象尼诺一样好。”

 

Hagen and Johnny smiled at this delicate thrust.

哈根和约翰尼对这个微妙的进展微笑。

It was Johnny's turn to be patronizingly patient.

轮到约翰尼要人领情地耐心了。

"My voice is weak.

我的嗓音弱了。

I sing one or two songs and then I can't sing again for hours or days.

我唱一首或两首歌,然后我就几小时或几天不能再唱。

I can't make it through the rehearsals or the retakes.

我不能使它通过排练或重拍。

My voice is weak, it's got some sort of sickness."

我的嗓音弱了,它得了某种疾病。”

 

"So you have woman trouble.

“因此你在女人上有麻烦。

Your voice is sick.

你的嗓音有病。

Now tell me the trouble you're having with this Hollywood pezzonovante who won't let you work."

现在告诉我你和这个好莱坞不让你工作的大人物遇到的麻烦。

The Don was getting down to business.

堂开始认真处理事情。

 

"He's bigger than one of your pezzonovantes,"

“他比任何一个你的大人物影响大。”

Johnny said.

约翰尼说。

"He owns the studio.

他拥有制片厂。

He advises the President on movie propaganda for the war.

他给总统在为战争的电影宣传上提建议。

Just a month ago he bought the movie rights to the biggest novel of the year.

就在一个月前,他买了那年最有影响小说的电影版权。

A best seller.

一部畅销书。

And the main character is a guy just like me.

而且,主要人物是一个正象我一样的家伙。

I wouldn't even have to act, just be myself.

我甚至不必去表演,就是我自己。

I wouldn't even have to sing.

我甚至不必去唱。

I might even win the Academy Award.

我甚至可以赢得奥斯卡奖。

Everybody knows it's perfect for me and I'd be big again.

每个人都知道它对我来说是完美的,而且我将再大受欢迎。

As an actor.

作为一个演员。

But that bastard Jack Woltz is paying me off, he won't give it to me.

但那杂种杰克·华尔兹要付清工资解雇我,他不愿把它给我。

I offered to do it for nothing, for a minimum price and he still says no.

我主动提出做这个什么也不要,要最低的价,但他仍然说不。

He sent the word that if I come and kiss his ass in the studio commissary, maybe he'll think about it."

他放出话,如果我来并在制片厂餐厅亲吻他的屁股,也许他会考虑它。”

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有