加载中…
个人资料
sibjm
sibjm
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:12,849
  • 关注人气:4
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

《教父》逐句英译汉 P022

(2009-03-09 11:56:38)
标签:

英语

教父

翻译

教育

分类: 英语学习

Bonasera muttered almost inaudibly,

勃纳瑟拉几乎听不见地低声说:

"What do you want of me?

“你要我的什么?

Tell me what you wish.

告诉我你希望什么。

But do what I beg you to do."

但是做我请求你做的事。”

There was something almost insolent in his words.

在他的话里有些几乎傲慢无礼的东西。

 

Don Corleone said gravely,

堂-科利昂阴沉地说:

"And what is that?"

“那么那是什么?”

 

Bonasera glanced at Hagen and Sonny Corleone and shook his head.

勃纳瑟拉瞥了哈根和桑尼·科利昂一眼,然后摇着他的头。

The Don, still sitting at Hagen's desk, inclined his body toward the undertaker.

堂,仍坐在哈根的桌子那儿,把他的身体倾向殡葬者。

Bonasera hesitated, then bent down and put his lips so close to the Don's hairy ear that they touched.

勃纳瑟拉犹豫着,然后弯下身,把他的嘴如此近地凑向堂多毛的耳朵,几乎他们要挨上了。

Don Corleone listened like a priest in the confessional, gazing away into the distance, impassive, remote.

堂-科利昂象个告解室里的祖父一样听着,向远处凝视着,没有表情,冷漠。

They stood so for a long moment until Bonasera finished whispering and straightened to his full height.

他们这样站了好长时间,直到勃纳瑟拉结束耳语站直身子。

The Don looked up gravely at Bonasera.

堂阴沉地抬头看着勃纳瑟拉。

Bonasera, his face flushed, returned the stare unflinchingly.

勃纳瑟拉,他的脸红了,回以毫不畏缩的凝视。

 

Finally the Don spoke.

最后,堂说:

"That I cannot do.

“那个我不能做。

You are being carried away."

你正被冲昏头。”

 

Bonasera said loudly, clearly,

勃纳瑟拉高声地、清楚地说:

"I will pay you anything you ask."

“我会付给你要的任何东西。”

On hearing this, Hagen flinched, a nervous flick of his head.

听到这个,哈根退缩了,他的头一个神经紧张的轻弹。

Sonny Corleone folded his arms, smiled sardonically as he turned from the window to watch the scene in the room for the first time.

桑尼·科利昂交叉双臂,当他第一次从窗户转过来看屋子里的情景时嘲讽地微笑着。

 

Don Corleone rose from behind the desk.

堂-科利昂从桌子后面站起来。

His face was still impassive but his voice rang like cold death.

他的脸仍然没有表情,但他的声音听起来象冷酷的死亡。

"We have known each other many years, you and I,"

“我们已经彼此熟悉许多年了,你和我,”

he said to the undertaker,

他对殡葬者说,

"but until this day you never came to me for counsel or help.

“但直到今天为止,你从不来我这儿寻求建议或帮助。

I can't remember the last time you invited me to your house for coffee though my wife is godmother to your only child.

我不记得你最后请我去你家喝咖啡的时间了,虽然我妻子是你独生女的教母。

Let us be frank.

让我们坦诚吧。

You spurned my friendship.

你拒绝接受我的友情。

You feared to be in my debt."

你害怕欠我的债。”

 

Bonasera murmured,

勃纳瑟拉嘀咕着:

"I didn't want to get into trouble."

“我不想陷入麻烦。”

 

The Don held up his hand.

堂拉起他的手。

"No.

“不。

Don't speak.

别说话。

You found America a paradise.

你发现美国是个天堂。

You had a good trade, you made a good living, you thought the world a harmless place where you could take your pleasure as you willed.

你有一个好生意,你谋得一个好生活,你认为这个世界是个没有伤害的地方,在那里你可以得到你希望的快乐。

You never armed yourself with true friends.

你从不用真正的朋友把你自己武装起来。

After all, the police guarded you, there were courts of law, you and yours could come to no harm.

毕竟,警察保护着你,那里有法庭,你和你的家庭、财产能够不受伤害。

You did not need Don Corleone.

你不需要堂-科利昂。

Very well.

很好。

My feelings were wounded but I am not that sort of person why thrusts his friendship on those who do not value it--- on those who think me of little account."

我的感情被伤害了,但我不是那种人,为什么把他的友情推向那些不重视它的人---推向那些认为我几乎不重要的人。

The Don paused and gave the undertaker a polite, ironic smile.

堂停顿下来,给了殡葬者一个礼貌的、讽刺的微笑。

"Now you come to me and say,

“现在你来我这儿说,

'Don Corleone give me justice.'

‘堂-科利昂给我公正。’

And you do not ask with respect.

但你不尊重地请求。

You do not offer me your friendship.

你没有献给我你的友情。

You come into my home on the bridal day of my daughter and you ask me to do murder and you say"

你在我女儿新婚的日子来到我的家,你请求我去谋杀,并且你说,”

--- here the Don's voice became a scornful mimicry---

---这里,堂的声音变成了轻蔑的模仿---

" 'I will pay you anything.'

“‘我会付给你任何东西。’

No, no, I am not offended, but what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"

不,不,我没有被冒犯,但我曾做了什么让你这么无礼地对待我?”

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有