发博文
正文 字体大小:

转自"dj在此"的日志

(2008-03-08 21:10:47)
标签:

杂谈

分类: 转载日志

这是我们的Hospitality Marketing Management的董老师整理的,希望能给热爱英语学习的人有所帮助!

引用他的话"很多句子都是看电影的时候记录下来的。作为一个营销专业的学生,当初努力学习英语的过程还是很艰辛的,也走了很多的弯路。希望大家可以不断成功!"

Superstitious (superstition) superstition

Copycat: imitator

Sth is not my thing. 某事不是我的爱好。Sth is not my alley.

It is the end of the road. 到头了,不要做了。

Sth raise eyebrows 某物引起不同意

Yellow press, yellow paper, yellow page

Do every thing in one’ power. 尽全力做某事  = pitch in one sth

The story is easy to pick up. 故事很容易懂。

The dream of the red chamber 红楼梦

A well rounded education 通才教育

Trade mark   特色, 商标

Fellow student    fellow countrymen

Animated film  动画电影

Team up with sb.  与某人一起合作

Tailed to  为某物设计

How come you never do it yourself? 为何你不做呢?

Sb is lost. 不明白;迷路了。

Vendor 零售员

Prolong 延长 prolong life

Clean out body 净化身体

One thing is for certain. I am a good kid.有一件事是肯定的——

Trunk 大行李,主要部分

Take time off to do something.

Make a bet. Win the bet

Moral 寓意

Merger joining合并

What is he doing here? 他在这里干啥?

Your days are numbered. 你快完了。你死定了。You will see your maker.

In exchange for sth 以某物为交换条件。

Not even close.  差的远了。

Speak with you in private 私下和你谈话

they say time heals  时间治愈一切

what is the connection 有啥联系?

He is hiding something.  他在隐瞒。

It was not supposed to be happening. 这不该发生。

Some unfinished business 一些没有完成的事情

Let us do our business. 让我们把事做完。

I got his ironclad alibi. 我有有力的不在场证明

Are you out of your mind?  你疯了吗?

I do not believe in fate. 我不相信命运。

I am dying to know what is going on here. 我太想知道这里发生了啥。

My computer is down. 我的电脑有问题。

Frame 身材(口语——) chassis figure

It is done now. 一切都结束了

Still in them the strength she never found. 挖掘他们她自己没有的力量

What is your point? 啥意思?

I appreciate the trouble you went to. 感谢你的帮助

Chief 警长

I have some money to put away. 我存了一些钱

I was up and out this morning. 我早上出去了

Keep our mind open to other possibilities. 我们要想到一些其他的可能

He was wild for her. 他为她疯狂

Get out of my own head for several 休息一下

Vampire is fond of extracting blood from others.  吸血鬼喜欢吸别人的血

When you were drugged, you were more or less unharmed. 当你被麻醉后,你没有受到伤害

Here we go. 开始吧。

I got slide on that 我有那个幻灯片。Slid projector

I do not want to jump to any hasty conclusion 我不想立即得出结论。

On what you base that?  有何证据

You mind is somewhere else.  你心不在焉

They got something of a situation here. 他们这有情况

Let us skip ahead 让我们跳过去

Finally, we prevailed 最终我们成功了

What the hell happened to you?  发生了啥?

You are in big trouble 你遇到大麻烦了

I caught sight of him 

It could not hurt.  没关系的

It is exactly the way it happened from start to finish. 从头到尾就是这样

That is the exactly the way it happened. 这就是所发生的

The greater power comes the greater responsibility. 权力越大,责任越大

I do not get it 我不明白

I can see it 我明白

Work is a murderer. 工作要我的命

You are the most responsible people I have ever met. 你是最负责的

We share the same passion. 我们志趣相同

Got a little situation  有些小问题

He is a good shot. 他是神枪手

We did not make it to the conference 我们没有参加会议

Pop quiz 机智回答

It is on the move 他开始移动

We need manpower 我们需要人支援

You lead the way 你领路

I do not have much faith that the device can do us any good  我不相信这个仪器对我们有何好处。

Everybody stand still 每个人都不要动

I got all the thanks, but you did the job.   你做工作,别人都谢我

What is the adequate backup? Every cop you lay your hands on.

足够的支援是?  你能找到的任何一个警察。

Line up for your assignment 分配任务

He is true blue 他是忠贞不二的

You are way ahead of me  你比我强

How come I feel like I lost.  为啥我觉得我输了?

You are suspended until such time that I am confident your judgment becomes sound. 你被停职了,直到恢复正常

They are discussing the merger. 他们讨论合并。

Announce the merger with NIT. Merger will take place in March 1st

Close the deal. 完成交易

I will take over as a present in January.

Down payment: installment: mortgage: amortize分期付款

How have you been? 状况何如?

She is doing fine.

Archaeology 考古学家

Is the local scientist involved?

She has been resting at home.

On pins and needles 如坐针毡

She stayed up all night last night. She is on pins and needles.

Let’ s call it a day. 宴会结束,下课,开会结束

Chore 家务


阅读 评论 收藏 转载 打印举报
已投稿到:
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...

       

    验证码: 请点击后输入验证码 收听验证码

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 不良信息反馈 电话:4006900000 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有