加载中…
个人资料
David
David
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:154,870
  • 关注人气:621
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
正文 字体大小:

埃及军方为民主过渡设定时间表

(2011-02-14 13:06:48)
标签:

教育

Parliament dissolved as Egypt’s army promises polls in 6 months

埃及军方为民主过渡设定时间表

Egypt’s new military leadership took firmer control of the country on Sunday but also sought to reassure Egyptians of its commitment to a democratic transition by dissolving parliament and promising elections in six months.                              

周日,埃及新的军方领导层加强了对国家的控制,同时解散了议会,并承诺在6个月内举行选举,以此让本国民众放心:军方将恪守其民主过渡的承诺。

In its first major move since the youth-led revolution toppled Hosni Mubarak on Friday, the supreme council of the military, now the ruler of the land, set a timetable for the transition and said a committee would be appointed to examine constitutional amendments, meeting some – but not all – of the demands of the protesters.                                        

上周五,青年人领导的革命将胡斯尼•穆巴拉克(Hosni Mubarak)赶下了台。此后,作为埃及目前的统治机构,武装部队最高委员会采取了首个重大举措,为民主过渡设定了时间表,同时宣布将任命一个委员会,负责宪法修订的审核工作,满足了抗议者的部分(但非全部)要求。

By maintaining the government brought in by Mr Mubarak before his removal, it damped hopes that it would create a presidential council, as many opposition figures had advised. Instead, Field Marshal Mohammed Hussein Tantawi, head of the council and defence minister, will be Egypt’s face, representing the country abroad.,                                   

维持穆巴拉克下台前组建的政府的做法,粉碎了一些人的希望:即军方将象许多反对派人士所建议的那样,创建一个总统委员会。相反,埃及武装部队最高委员会领导人、国防部长坦塔维(Mohammed Hussein Tantawi)元帅将作为埃及的形象,在海外代表该国。

Although Egyptians are still anxious about the military’s long-term intentions, opposition leaders welcomed the changes, giving the army time and space to manage the transition.    

尽管埃及人仍担心军方的长期意图,但反对派领导人仍对这些变革表示欢迎,让军方有时间和空间来管理过渡。

Leaders of the youth groups that organised the revolution said the statement was generally positive. As well as calling for a presidential council, the 13-member coalition of youth had demanded the formation of a transitional government.                           

组织领导此次革命的青年团体领袖们表示,军方的声明总体上是积极的。除了呼吁创建一个总统委员会之外,有13名成员的青年联盟还要求组建一个过渡政府。

The military’s statement came as Tahrir Square was open to traffic for the first time in more than two weeks as protesters packed away tents and headed home. But hundreds of others remained and some said they would stay until the government had been sacked and the constitution rewritten. Other protests, however, broke out in the capital, with even policemen who had been brought in to repress the youth revolt marching to demand better pay          

军方发表声明之际,随着抗议者收起帐篷回家,开罗解放广场(Tahrir Square)两周多以来首次开放交通。但数百名其他抗议者仍留在这里,并表示将坚持下去,直至现政府解散和改写宪法。然而,埃及首都爆发了其它抗议活动,就连被派来压制青年抗议活动的警察也加入游行,要求加薪。

                                                               译者/何黎

0

阅读 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  

新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

新浪公司 版权所有