加载中…
个人资料
泷江客
泷江客
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:233,682
  • 关注人气:91
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

Lesson Twenty-one

(2007-02-14 09:24:48)
分类: 英语(旅游本科自考)
Lesson Twenty-One
Dialogue At a Roast Duck Restaurant
对话 在烤鸭餐馆
(W: Waiter Mr. H: Mr. Hunt Mrs. H: Mrs. Hunt L: Chef Li)
(W: 服务员 Mr. H: 亨特先生 Mrs. H: 亨特夫人 L: 李大厨)
W: Sit down, please. What would you like? Here’s the menu.
请坐下。你想要什么?这是菜单。
Mr. H: Let me see…What do you prefer? (Mr. H asks Mrs. H)
让我们看一下…你喜欢什么?(亨特先生问亨特夫人)
Mrs. H: It seems to me that all the dishes are so good. I really don’t know where to begin?
我看似乎所有的菜都很好。我真的不知道从哪儿开始?
Mr. H: I don’t know either. Well, what is this restaurant famous for?
我也不知道。嗳,这家餐馆什么(菜)出名?
W: It is famous for its roast duck, sir.
烤鸭出名,先生。
Mr. H: Sounds wonderful. All right. Let’s try it. “Tasting is believing.”
听起来很棒。好吧。让我们尝一尝。“百闻不如一尝”。
(After a while)
(过了一会儿)
W: The duck is served, sir…
烤鸭来了,先生…
Mrs. H: Excellent! Look at the appetizing brown color!
太好了!看这诱人食欲的棕褐色!
Mr. H: (to the waiter) Could you show us how this noble dish is eaten?
(对服务员)你能给我们演示一下这道高档菜怎么吃吗?
W: Yes, sir. First, hold a pancake in your left hand and then using some raw scallion as a brush, paint a few splashes of bean sauce on the pancake…like this, Don’t paint too much bean sauce on the pancake…Next, place the scallion in the middle of the pancake, and with your chopsticks add a few pieces of the roast duck…Finally, roll the pancake up and enjoy!
好的,先生。首先,左手拿一块薄煎饼,用一些生葱当刷子,在薄煎饼上涂上一层豆酱泥…像这样,不要涂太多豆酱泥在薄煎饼上…接着,把大葱放在薄煎饼中间,用你的筷子夹几片烤鸭…最后,把煎饼卷上就可以享受了!
(The waiter helps Mr. And Mrs. Hunt to use chopsticks)
(服务员帮助亨特夫人用筷子)
Mr. H & Mrs. H: It is excellent.
太好吃了。
Mrs. H: Could you tell us how the dish is prepared?
你能告诉我这道菜是怎么做的吗?
W: O.K. A skilled chef can make more than 80 cold and hot dishes from the duck’s innards, head, wings and webs to suit different tastes, and he can cut 100 to 120 slices in four or five minutes, each slice with an equal portion of skin and meat.
好的。一位熟练的厨师能用鸭子的内脏、头、翅和蹼作出80多道冷热菜来以迎合不同的口味,他能在四五分钟内片出100到120片,每片的皮肉相等。
Mr. H: Incredible!
难以置信!
W: Oh, here comes Chef Li. Mr. and Mrs. Hunt, let me introduce you to a veteran chef. This is Mrs. Hunt, a friend from abroad. This is her husband Mr. Hunt. This is Chef Li.
哦,李大厨来了。亨特先生和夫人,让我介绍你们给经验丰富的李大厨。这是亨特夫人,国外来的朋友。这是她丈夫亨特先生。这是李大厨。
Mr. H & Mrs. H: How do you do, Mr. Li?
您好,李先生?
Mrs. H: We’re certainly enjoying your handiwork.
我们非常欣赏您的手艺。
Mrs. H: Chef Li, would you please tell us how you roast the ducks?
李大厨,您能告诉我这鸭子是怎么烤的吗?
L: With pleasure. The main points are the quality of the duck chosen and the type of wood burned.
非常荣幸。要点就是所选鸭子的质量和炉内所烧木柴的类型。
Mr. H: What kind of duck do you use for roasting?
您用什么鸭子来烤?
L: Plump ducks weighing 2.5 kilograms on an average.
肥嫩的鸭子平均重2.5公斤。
Mrs. H: What wood is used in the roasting process?
在烤的过程中用什么木头?
L: Only fruit trees such as peach-trees and pear-trees are used to give the meat its unique flavor.
只用果木,如桃木和梨木,使鸭肉具有独特的香味。
Mrs. H: Is there any difficulty in judging correctly the temperature and roasting time?
在判断正确的温度和烤制时间方面有什么难度吗?
L: Yes, that is where the secret lies—the correct judgement. And, of course, there’s the skill, too.
有的,那是秘诀所在--正确的判断。并且,当然,也有技巧。
Mr. H & Mrs. H: Thank you very much.
非常感谢您。
L: You’re welcome.
不用客气。
Mr. H: To tell you the truth, the smell of the duck made my mouth water.
跟你说实话,鸭子的香味使我垂涎三尺。
Mrs. H: Really, I was never so hungry. Its skin is crisp and its meat so tender.
真的,我从来没有这样饿。它的皮很脆,肉很嫩。
Mr. H: Truly, Chinese cooking has such a charming variety. And that makes it perfectly wonderful in color, smell and taste. I believe that only after tasting.
真的。中国烹饪如此丰富多彩。色、香、味都非常好。只有尝了以后我才相信。
W: Is there anything else you would like to have?
您还想要别的吗?
Mr. H: No, thank you. We’ve had enough.
不用了,谢谢你。我们都吃饱了。
Mrs. H: We’ve never had anything better than this square meal.
我们从来没有比这一顿吃的更饱了。
W: It’s very kind of you to say so, madam.
这样说过奖了,夫人。
Mr. H: Bring me the bill, please.
请把账单拿过来。
W: Here it is, sir.
给你,先生。
Mr. H: Here is one hundred yuan, please keep the change.
这是100元,零钱不用找了。
W: We don’t accept tips. Thank you just the same.
我们不收小费。还是要谢谢您。
Mrs. H: Let’s go now. (Facing the waiter) Thank you for your good service.
现在我们走吧。(面对服务员)感谢你的优质服务。
W: Thank you, ma’am. Do come again, please.
谢谢您,夫人。欢迎再来。

Reading Kitchen
阅读 厨房
Everyone knows that the back of the hotels has a kitchen, but in many restaurants it spreads over several rooms or areas. In the familiar part of the kitchen, hot food is prepared; in the service area, orders are placed and picked up; in the pantry, cold food such as salads and sandwiches are made, often with assembly-line methods. There is a space for washing utensils and a space for storing equipment and supplies. Depending on the size of the establishment, there may be kitchen offices, locker rooms, and washrooms.
每个人都知道饭店的后面有一个厨房,但是许多餐馆里,它扩展到几间房子或区域。在厨房的常见的部分是准备热菜的地方;在这个服务区域,下达菜单并取菜;在食品室,制作冷餐,如沙拉和三明治,通常是流水线作业法。里面有空间来洗器具,有空间储放设备和供给品。根据企业的规模,可能有厨房办公室、配锁的小橱柜房间和盥洗室。
The boss of the back of the house is the chef who is always the head cook and may sometimes take charge of menu planning and purchasing. In some cases he or she is more like a manager than a cook and is therefore called an executive chef. In larger establishments there may be one or more assistant chefs; in smaller places the assistant is expected to be able to prepare all the dishes on the menu. In more elaborate restaurants there may be several who work as specialty chefs—a sauce chef, a vegetable chef, a dessert chef, a baker.
后厨的老板是为首的厨师长,并且有时要负责菜单设计和采购。在一些情况下,他/她更像一位经理而不是厨师,并因此叫厨师长。在较大的企业里,可能有一个或多个助理厨师长;在小一点的地方,助理厨师长要求能做出菜单上所有的菜。在更精细的餐馆里,可能好几位专业的厨师长--一位调味厨师长,一位蔬菜厨师长,一位甜点厨师长,一位面包师。
Ranking below the chefs are the cooks. In a large restaurant they frequently work in the service area where waiters pick up orders. Cooks get orders ready for the waiters and prepare dishes such as grilled steaks that are cooked at the last minute. Most restaurants also employ one or more kitchen helper whose duties include cutting vegetables, stirring, cleaning, and other such chores. The helpers are to the kitchen what the bussers are to the dining room. In Europe, especially, kitchen helpers are often youthful apprentices preparing to become chefs.
厨师长下面的叫厨师。在大餐管理,他们通常在服务员顺菜的服务区域工作。厨师为服务员准备好顺序,配制好菜,例如烤牛排应当在最后做。大多数餐馆也雇用一个或更多的帮厨,他们的工作包括切蔬菜、搅拌、清洗和其他类似的事情。帮厨在厨房的工作地位就像酒店的杂工在餐厅的工作地位一样。在欧洲,尤其,厨房帮工通常都是年轻学徒,准备成为厨师。
Another job that must be performed continually in a kitchen is washing dishes and pots. During mealtimes a steady stream of dishes comes in dirty and goes back to the dining room clean. Even when the restaurant has automatic dishwashers it is necessary for employees to scrape and sort dishes and to load and unload the machine and there are always cooking pots from the kitchen to be scrubbed by hand.
在厨房里,另一个必须频繁来做的就是洗餐碟和锅。在就餐时间,源源不断的餐碟脏兮兮地进来,干干净净地回到餐厅。甚至当餐馆有了自动洗碗机,也需要员工来擦洗和分拣餐碟并装卸机器,并且总是有来自厨房的烹饪的锅需要手工来擦洗。
Larger restaurants will also employ a storekeeper who is in charge of storing and issuing equipment and food supplies. In some cases, one person will be responsible for foodstuffs and another for equipment. A few restaurants that buy in large quantities will employ a butcher to cut meat according to requirements set by the chef.
在大餐馆里还雇用储藏主管负责储藏和分发设备和供应食品。在一些情况下,一个人来负责食品,另一个负责设备。一些购买量很大的餐馆要雇佣一位屠户来按厨师要求切肉。

文章引用自:原创

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
前一篇:Lesson Twenty
后一篇:Lesson Twenty-Two
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

    < 前一篇Lesson Twenty
    后一篇 >Lesson Twenty-Two
      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有