加载中…
个人资料
泷江客
泷江客
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:233,682
  • 关注人气:91
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

Lesson Five

(2007-02-02 17:22:50)
分类: 英语(旅游本科自考)
Lesson Five
Dialogue 1 Advance Reservation (1)
对话1 预订(1)
(R: Reservationist G: Guest)
R: Advance Reservation. Good morning! Can I help you?
预订部,早上好!您需要帮助吗?
G: Er, I’d like to reserve a single room with bath for the Sept. 24.
嗯,我想要预定一个在9月24日的带浴室的单人间。
R: Just a moment, please. I’m sorry, sir. We are fully booked on that date.
请稍等。对不起,先生。那天已经订满了。
G: Oh, bad luck!
哎呀,真倒霉!
R: Would you like us to put you on our waiting list and call you in case we have a cancellation?
您愿让我们把您列入等候名单中吗,万一有人取消预订我们就告诉您?
G: Thank you. That’s very kind of you. But could you recommend another hotel that won’t be full up?
谢谢你。你真好。但是你能介绍另外一家没订满的饭店吗?
R: Of course. Where would you rather like to be, in the city center or in the suburbs?
当然可以。您喜欢哪儿的饭店,市中心还是市郊?
G: I prefer a place close to the city center because most of our clients’ offices are in the downtown business section.
我更喜欢接近市中心的地方,因为我们大多数客户办事处都在城市商业区。
R: In that case, I would suggest that you try the Imperial.
这样的话,我建议您试试帝国饭店。
G: Do you know the rate per night for a single with a bath there?
你知道在那儿带浴室的单人间每晚的价格吗?
R: Well, there is a minimum price for off-season stay and a maximum price for peak-season stay. A single with bath at the moment would run you between $60 and $80.
知道。有淡季费用最低价和旺季最高价。带浴室的单人房间现在花费在60到80美元之间。
G: I see. Do you mind telling me what the Imperial is like?
我知道了。你介意告诉我这个帝国饭店是什么样的吗?
R: It’s the oldest and largest hotel in this city. It was renovated just two years ago. It’s rated as a four-star hotel. Though not so luxurious as ours, it’s just as busy and convenient as ours. Our hotel is better-known but then the Imperial is less expensive.
它是这座城市里最老最大的饭店。两年前重新装修过。是四星级饭店。尽管不如我们饭店豪华,它和我们饭店一样生意很好,并且交通方便。
G: Uh-huh. One thing more, do you have their telephone number?
啊哈。再问一句,您有他们的电话号码吗?
R: It’s 500-4305.
500-4305
G: Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. Good-bye.
非常感谢。我实在是感激您的帮助。再见。
R: Good-bye. Thank you for calling us.
再见。谢谢您给我们打电话。

Dialogue 2 Advance Reservation (2)
对话2 预订(2)

(R: Receptionist G: Guest)
(R: 预订员 G: 客人)
R: Good morning, sir. Can I help you?
早上好,先生。需要帮忙吗?
G: Good morning! I’ve a reservation for a single room with bath.
早上好!我预定了一个带浴室的单人间。
R: Your name, sir.
您的名字,先生。
G: Smith, John Smith.
史密斯,约翰·史密斯。
R: Just a moment, sir, while I look through our list. Yes, we have a reservation for you, Mr. Smith. Would you please fill out this form while I prepare your key card for you?
稍等,先生,我要查看一下我们的预订单。是的,我们为您--史密斯先生预订了房间。请您填一下这张表好吗,我要为您准备钥匙卡(出入证)。
G: Yes. May I use your pen for a minute?
好的。我可以用一下您的钢笔吗?
R: Sure. Here you are.
当然。给您。
G: What should I fill in under Room Number?
房间号一栏我该填什么?
R: You may skip that. I’ll put in the room number for you later on.
你可以跳过不填。过一会儿我为您把房号填上。
G: (After he has completed the form) Here you are. I think I’ve filled in everything correctly.
(填好表后)给您。我想我一切都填好了。
R: Let me see…name, address, nationality, forwarding address, passport number, place of issue, signature and date of departure. Oh, here, sir. You forgot to put in the date of your departure. Here let me fill it in for you. You are leaving on……?
让我看一看…姓名,地址,国籍,转投地址,护照号,签发地,签名和离开日期。哦,这儿,先生。您忘了填上您的离开日期。我为您填上它吧。您将在…?
G: October 24.
10月24日。
R: Everything’s in order now. Here is your key, Mr. Smith. Your room number is 1420. It’s on the 14th floor and the daily rate is $90 per night. Here is your key card with all the information on your booking, the hotel services and the hotel rules and regulations on it. Please make sure that you have it with you all the time. You need to show it when you sign for your meals and drinks in the restaurants and the bars. You also need it when you collect your key from the Information Desk.
现在一切都就绪了。这是您的钥匙,史密斯先生。您的房间号是1420。在14楼,每天房费是90美元。这是您的出入证,里面有您登记的所有信息以及饭店服务和饭店的规章制度。请务必一直保管好它。您在餐厅就餐和酒吧喝酒签单时需要亮出入证。当您从信息服务台领取钥匙时也需要它。
G: OK. I’ll take good care of it.
好的。我会保管好它。
R: And now if you are ready, Mr. Smith, I’ll call the bellboy and he’ll take you to your room.
现在如果您准备好了,史密斯先生,我将叫行李员,他将带您去您的房间。
G: I’m ready. Thank you.
我准备好了。谢谢您。
R: I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
我希望您在我们这儿过得愉快。
G: I’m sure I will!
我肯定会的。

Dialogue 3 Check in without Reservation
对话3 没有预订的登记入住
(T: Traveler C: Clerk P: Page)
(T: 旅行者 C: 业务员 P: 行李员)
T: Good afternoon. Is there a vacant room here?
晚上好。这里有空房吗?
C: We’re practically full up, but I’ll see. What do you want, a single room or a double one?
我们实际上满了,但是我要看一下。您想要什么样的,单人房或双人房?
T: A single room, preferably with a bath.
单人房,最好是带浴室。
C: How long do you intend to stay?
您想呆多长时间?
T: For a week or so.
一个星期左右。
C: You can have a room on the second floor.
二楼有一间房。
T: I hope it’s quiet. I hate noise at night.
我希望是安静的。我讨厌晚上有噪音。
C: I think you’ll find it quiet. It faces the courtyard.
我想您会发现这间房是安静的。它面朝院子。
T: What’s the rate, please?
请问价格是多少?
C: The current rate is $50 per night.
现价每晚50美元。
T: What services come with that?
都有什么服务项目。
C: A radio, a color television, a telephone and a major international newspaper delivered to your room everyday.
收音机,彩电,电话,每天向您房间送一份国际性报纸。
T: That sounds good. Well, do you give discount for a week or more?
听起来很好。啊,一周或更长时间给折扣吗?
C: Yes, we give 5% discount for one week, 10% for two weeks and over.
是的,住一周我们给5%的折扣,两周或以上10%。
T: All right, I’ll take the room for a week.
行,这间房我要住一个星期。
C: Will you fill out this form, please? The page will show you up to your room; your luggage will be brought up straight away.
请您填一下这张登记表好吗?行李员将会带您到房间去;您的行李将被直接提上去。
T: Can I get dinner here?
我可以在这里吃饭吗?
C: We do serve dinner. We have a choice of three restaurants; we have the Garden Restaurant, which is on the ground floor, which has an a la carte menu and a table d’hote menu; we have the Steakhouse which is for a quick meal; and we also have a disco and cabaret.
我们这里有饭吃。我们有三个餐厅可供选择;我们有花园餐厅,在一楼,提供零点和套餐;我们有牛排餐厅提供快餐;我们有还有一个迪斯科歌舞表演餐厅。
T: I see.
我知道了。
C: I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you for payment in advance with it being an unconfirmed booking.
恐怕我得要求您预付,由于这是一个没有确认的登记。
T: So you’d like the whole amount in advance, would you?
因此您想提前要整个款项,是吗?
C: Yes. Is that all right?
是的。行吗?
T: Yes. That’s all right.
好。行。
(The page takes the traveler to his room)
(行李员带旅行者到他的房间)
P: This is your room, sir. Is it OK?
这是您的房间,先生。行吗?
T: Oh, this’ll do nicely. Is there a bath?
哦,很好。有浴室吗?
P: Yes, right here (indicates), and that is the door to the lavatory.
是的,在这儿(指着),那是洗手间的门。
T: Is there a laundry in the hotel?
饭店有洗衣服务吗?
P: Yes. You just leave your clothes on the bed, and in the morning they’ll be taken away and washed for you. You needn’t even polish your shoes. Before going to bed at night, leave your shoes outside the door of your room, and the next morning, you’ll find them polished.
有。您只要把您的衣服放在床上,上午他们将带走并为您洗干净。您甚至不需要打鞋油。晚上睡觉之前,把您的鞋放在门外,第二天早上,您会发现它们已经打好鞋油了。
T: That’s nice.
那就好了。
P: Anything else, sir?
还有其他事吗,先生?
T: No, that’s all, thanks.
没有,就这些,谢谢。

Dialogue 4 Reception
对话4 接待
(R: Receptionist G: Guest, Mr. Smith)
(R: 接待员 G: 客人,史密斯先生)
R: Can I help you?
我能为您做什么?
G: I’m to visit Mr. Williams from AT & T.
我要拜访来自美国电话电报公司的威廉姆斯先生。
R: Do you have an appointment with Mr. Williams?
您和威廉姆斯先生有预约吗?
G: Well, not exactly. I told Mr. Williams that I would stop by today.
啊,确切地说没有。我告诉过威廉姆斯先生我今天会顺道拜访。
R: Do you know which room he is staying in?
您知道他住在哪个房间吗?
G: Uh, he told me it was 8—0 something. I forgot the exact number.
嗯,他告诉我是80几房间。我忘了确切的房号。
R: That’s O.K. I’ll find it for you. (he types the name into a computer) Mr. Williams is in room 805. Let me call him in his room for you first. I’m sorry, there is no answer from 805. Mr. Williams is not in his room. Would you like to leave a message for him, sir?
行了。我将为您找到它。(他把名字输入计算机)威廉姆斯在805房间。首先让我联系一下他。对不起,805房间没人。威廉姆斯不在房间里。您愿意留个话,先生?
G: Yes, please tell him that Mr. Smith from the Post and Telecommunication Ministry came to visit him and would like to invite him to dinner at the Maxim de Paris Restaurant at 8:00 on Saturday evening. I would like him to call me at my office tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 11:00. My office phone number is 3484527. Have you got all that?
好的,请告诉他邮电部的史密斯先生来拜访他,并且想在星期六晚上八点邀请他到巴黎马克西姆餐厅吃晚餐。我想让他在明天早上8:30到11:00之间给我的办公室打电话。我的办公电话是3484527。您记下了吗?
R: I think so. So you are Mr. Smith from the Post and Telecommunication Ministry. And you’d like to invite Mr. Williams to dinner. The time is 8:00 and it is on Saturday evening. You also would like him to call your office tomorrow between 8:30 and 11:00.
我想记下了。您是来自邮电部的史密斯先生。您想请威廉姆斯吃晚餐。时间是8:00,在星期六晚上。您还想让他在明天8:30到11:00之间给您办公室打电话。
G: That’s right.
没错。
R: Is that all?
全部的吗?
G: Yes, that’s all.
是的,全了。
R: O.K. I’ll make sure that Mr. Williams gets the message.
好。我保证威廉姆斯先生能得到这个留言。
G: Thank you.
谢谢。

Reading Different Kinds of Accommodations
阅读 不同种类的住宿(设施)

Hotels range from very small, sometimes with no more than ten to twenty rooms to extremely large, luxury hotels with hundreds of rooms. Large, modern hotels not only have guest rooms but many other facilities as well, including convention rooms, bars, small stores where guests can shop for many different kinds of merchandise, beauty parlors, and pharmacies or drug stores. They may also have swimming pools, saunas, exercise rooms, and health clubs.
旅馆有从很小、有时不超过10~20个房间到非常大、非常豪华的拥有几百间客房的旅馆。大的、现代化旅馆不仅有客房,还有许多其他设施,包括会议室,酒吧,客人能买到各种商品的小商店,美容室和药店。它们也可能有游泳池,桑拿浴室,体操房和健身俱乐部。
Because very large hotels are expensive to build and operate, many of them are part of large corporations that own and operate many hotels. Such corporations called hotel chains, may own and operate hotels around the world. Some hotel chains are part of other, larger corporations that also own and operate large airlines.
因为非常大的旅馆建设和经营花费高,许多公司都是部分拥有和经营许多旅馆。这类的公司叫连锁酒店集团,可能在全世界拥有和经营旅馆。一些连锁酒店是其他更大的公司的一部分,这些大公司还拥有和经营大型航空公司。
Often the large hotel corporation that builds the hotel does not actually operate, or run it. Some hotels are operated as franchises, which means that the building corporation sells or rents to someone else the right to operate the hotel. The operator runs the hotel according to certain standards set by the corporation and pays a percentage of the income to the corporation.
通常建造旅馆的大的酒店公司实际上不经营旅馆。有些旅馆是以特许形式经营,也就是说,建设公司把旅馆卖给或租给其他人来经营。经营者根据公司制定的相关标准来经营旅馆,并且向公司付一定比例的收入。
Other large hotels are run on management contracts. The builder agrees to let another company manage and operate the hotel. The builder and manager get a share of the money earned by the hotel. This is often how large hotels that are built by governments are run.
其他大旅馆根据经营合同来经营。建设者同意让另外一个公司来管理和经营旅馆。建设者和管理者就旅馆所挣的钱分红。通常由政府拥有的大旅馆都是这样经营的。
Resort hotels are usually in areas where there are beaches, mountains, or other inviting surroundings where tourists can relax and play. Such an area may have many hotels, both large and small. The large resort hotel is usually self-contained, meaning that it has all the facilities for sports and other recreations on its own grounds. Recreation facilities may include a golf course, tennis courts, and swimming pools, as well as restaurants and shops. The driver who picked up guest at the airport in a limousine, works for such a resort hotel.
度假旅馆通常是在海滩、山岳或其他有美丽的环境中,游客可以放松和游玩。这样的地方可能有许多旅馆,既有大的也有小的。大的度假旅馆通常自我包揽性的,也就是说在自己的场地上拥有体育和其它娱乐设施。除了餐厅和商店外,娱乐设施可能包括高尔夫球场,网球场和游泳池。开大轿车在机场接客人的司机就为这样的度假旅馆工作。
Many other types of accommodations besides hotels are available to tourist. There are guest houses or tourist homes, known as either pensions or bed-and-board houses. They provide a “continental breakfast” of coffee and rolls as well as sleeping accommodations.
除了旅馆外,还有许多其它种类住宿设施向旅游者提供。有客舍或旅游者之家,著名的像膳食公寓或供膳的宿舍。除了住宿外,它们提供一份“大陆式早餐”咖啡和面包卷。
People traveling by automobile often prefer to stay at a motel. Motels are built so the guests can park their cars near their rooms. Hostels and camp grounds offer another choice for tourists. These are usually occupied by people who like to camp or hike. A country that has a seacoast or waterway may have still another type of accommodation. Boat owners who like to live on their boats stay in marinas. Campers and boat owners may not spend as much money on sightseeing or buying gifts as those tourists who stay at large hotels, but they are also a valuable part of the tourism business.
汽车旅行者通常喜欢呆在汽车旅馆里。汽车旅馆建得让客人能在他们的房间附近停车。客栈和住宿营地为旅游者提供另外一种选择。这些通常为喜欢露营和远足的人所占有。拥有海岸和水路的国家还可能有另外一种住宿设施。喜欢呆在游艇的人住在小游艇船坞旁。露营者和游艇拥有者不会像呆在大旅馆的旅游者那样花这么多的钱用于观光和购买礼品,但是它们也是旅游业的重要组成部分。

文章引用自:原创

0

阅读 评论 收藏 转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
前一篇:Lesson Four
后一篇:Lesson Six
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

    < 前一篇Lesson Four
    后一篇 >Lesson Six
      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有