加载中…
个人资料
wave
wave
  • 博客等级:
  • 博客积分:0
  • 博客访问:118,148
  • 关注人气:398
  • 获赠金笔:0支
  • 赠出金笔:0支
  • 荣誉徽章:
相关博文
推荐博文
谁看过这篇博文
加载中…
正文 字体大小:

从汉语中学英语--西双版纳第六集

(2010-11-29 13:55:46)
标签:

杂谈

分类: 从汉语中学英语

大牛:你是谁啊?快快报上名来。

  Who are you? Tell me your name.

 

韩佳:我...我是附近爱伲山寨的。

  I ... I am a girl from a nearby Aini village.

  我叫佳佳。那你是?

  My name is Jiajia. And you are ...?

 

大牛:连我是谁你都不知道!

  You don't know even me!

  我可是这片雨林的主人,人猿泰牛!

  I am the master of this rain forest, Ape-Man Daniel!

 

韩佳:主人?既然你是这儿的主人, 那我有个问题想问问您。

  A master? Since you are the master here, I have a question to consult you.

 

大牛:你算是找对人了。

  You are having the right person to consult.

  我人猿泰牛是无所不知的。

  There is nothing I, Ape-Man Daniel, don't know.

  尽管问吧。

  Just go ahead.

 

韩佳:我听说这里是北回归线以南保存最好的热带雨林。

  I heard this is the best preserved of rain forests located south of the Tropic of Cancer.

  是真的吗?

  Is that true?

 

大牛:当然了。走。

  Of course. Come with me.

  今天我的心情好,我就带你在森林里好好转转,让你见识见识 什么叫神奇美丽的热带雨林。

  Today I'm in high spirits and I'm going to take you for a nice stroll in the forest to let you know what a magic tropical rain forest is.

 

韩佳:太好了!

  That's terrific!

  这儿可真大呀!

  What a large forest!

  还有很多其他地方从来没有看见过的植物。

  There are also many plants here which I've never seen in other places.

 

大牛:当然了。

  Sure.

  我的这片雨林有两万五千亩呢。

  This rain forest of mine is 25,000 mu (4,000 acres) in size.

  一看就知道你是个没见过世面的小姑娘。

  I know at first sight you're a naive little girl.

 

韩佳:谁说我没有见过世面的。

  No, I am not naive.

  只不过没来过这儿罢了。

  The only thing is that I've never been here before.

 

Wǒ zhǐ búguò méi lái guo zhèr bàle.

  我 只 不过 没 来过 这儿 罢了。

  The only thing is that I've never been here before.

 

哎,那是棵什么树啊?

  Hey, what kind of tree is that?

  旁边还有这么多孔雀。

  And there are so many peacocks by its side.

 

大牛:我就说她没见过世面吧。

  I think you are just naive and unworldly.

  来来来。我告诉你。

  Come on. Let me explain to you.

  佳佳,你看。这是一棵黄葛榕。

  Jiajia, look. This is a big-leaf fig tree.

  不过我喜欢叫它孔雀树。

  But I prefer to call it the peacock tree.

 

韩佳:孔雀树?

  Peacock tree?

  是因为它的树根长得像收起来的孔雀尾巴吗?

  Just because its roots look like a peacock's pulled-back tail?

 

大牛:没错儿。

  Yes, exactly.

  怎么样,这个名字不错吧?

  Do you think it's a nice name?

 

韩佳:嗯,再加上那些美丽的孔雀,叫孔雀树再合适不过啦。

  Yeah, and plus those beautiful peacocks, the name, peacock, fits the tree perfectly.

 

大牛:我们再到前面去看看。

  Let's move further ahead.

  还有好多好多有趣的事呢。

  There are still a lot of interesting things there.

 

韩佳:真奇怪。

  It's so strange.

  你说这些树的树干上怎么都长着花花草草呢?

  Why are there plants and flowers growing on the trunks of these trees?

 

大牛:这你就有所不知了。

  You obviously don't know.

  那些都是附生植物。

  They are all crawling plants.

  它们在大树上生长开花,形成了空中花园。

  They grow and bloom amidst the treetops, creating a "Heavenly Garden".

 

Tāmen zài dà shù shàng shēngzhǎng kāi huā, xíngchéngle kōngzhōng huāyuán

  它们 在 大 树 上 生长 开 花,形成了 “空中 花园”。

  They grow and bloom amidst the treetops, creating a "Heavenly Garden".

 

韩佳:真神奇!

  Fantastic!

  你看那边那棵树上。

  Look at that tree.

  怎么还长着一棵芭蕉啊?

  Where is there a plantain tree growing on its top?

 

大牛:那叫飞来蕉。

  Locals call them "fly-over" plantain trees.

  它有可能是小鸟路过这里的时候把芭蕉种子留在上面了。

  They might have come from the plantain seeds dropped on the trees by passing birds.

  然后种子就在树顶上生根发芽,就长成了现在的飞来蕉。

  The alien seeds thus took roots, sprouted and grew into such big plantain trees on top of other trees.

 

韩佳:嗬,太神奇啦!

  Ha, it's so fantastic!

  谢谢你带我参观了这么美丽的热带雨林。

  Thanks for bringing me here to see such a beautiful tropical rain forest.

  我们的寨子也特别好玩。

  Our village is also very interesting.

  要不我带你去看看?

  Would you like me to take you there?

 

大牛:好啊。

  Sure, please.

  不过你能不能先帮我找一身衣服?

  But before we go, can you find a suitable costume for me?

 

韩佳:哦,没问题。走吧。

  Oh, no problem. Let's go.

  我们爱伲人,是哈尼族的一个分支。

  We Aini people, are a branch of the ethnic Hani minority.

  只有自己的语言,但没有自己的文字。

  We have our own language, but not a written language of our own.

 

大牛:哎,哈尼族我知道。

  Oh, I know the Hani ethnic group.

  我还有好几位哈尼族的朋友呢。

  And I also have a number of Hani friends.

  我听说你们崇拜黑色是吗?

  I heard you worship the black color. Is that true?

 

韩佳:嗨,我们是崇尚黑色,不是崇拜黑色。

  Hey, we revere the black color, but do not worship the color.

  “崇尚”是指推崇尊重,而“崇拜”是指尊敬钦佩的意思, 一般专指对人。

  "Chongshang" means to revere whereas "chongbai" means to worship normally someone.

 

大牛:原来是我弄混了。

  Oh, I mixed them up.

  崇拜,“崇”读二声,“拜”读四声,

  "chongbai", second tone, fourth tone,

  是指尊敬钦佩的意思;崇尚,“崇”读二声,“尚”读四声, 指推崇尊重。

  means to worship whereas "chongshang", second tone, fourth tone, means to revere.

  崇尚。

  "Chongshang".

 

韩佳:我们爱伲人就是喜欢黑色。

  We Aini people love the black color.

  你看,衣服都是以黑色为主的。

  As you can see, the costume of the Aini ethnicity is mostly black.

 

Aànírén de yīfu yǐ hēisè wéi zhǔ.

  爱伲人 的 衣服 以 黑色 为 主。

  The traditional costume of the Aini ethnicity is mostly black.

 

我们爱伲人的房子一般都分为两层。

  The Aini houses are mostly two-storied.

  上面一层呢是住人的。

  The top floor is used for human habitation.

  下面一层是用来堆放杂物和养牲畜的。

  And the ground floor is for keeping things and livestock.

 

大牛:哎,佳佳,楼下在干吗呢?

  Eh, Jiajia, what's going on downstairs?

  好像还挺热闹。

  There seems a lot of activity over there.

 

韩佳:哦,应该是在抢亲吧。

  Yeah, it should be a bride-snatching ceremony going on.

 

大牛:看起来挺有意思。

  It seems very interesting.

  这么好玩的活动怎么能少了我呢!

  I cannot miss out on such an interesting event!

  那个,你先休息休息。

  Okay, you'd better take a rest.

  我去抢亲喽。

  I'm going to snatch the bride.

 

韩佳:观众朋友们, 这抢亲是我们爱伲人的一个古老风俗。

  Audience friends, bride-snatching is an old traditional form of weddings among the Aini people.

  既然大牛去抢亲了,那我们就先休息一下,看看今天的赏心悦目。

  Now that Daniel has gone to snatch the bride, let's relax for a while and watch today's Feast for the Eyes.

  一会儿再见。

  See you later.

 

赏心悦目:

  美丽的西双版纳是绿色植物的海洋

  The beautiful Xishuang Banna is an ocean of luxuriant plants.

  这里有北回归线以南保存最好的雨林

  This is the best preserved of rainforests that are situated south of the Tropic of Cancer.

  林中百鸟争鸣 古木参天 植物种类繁多

  In the forest, there are many kinds of birds and towering ancient trees as well as a myriad of species of plants.

  自然景观丰富 声声是灵动的小鸟欢唱处处是迷人的热带风光

  It's a place of natural beauty, characterized by the sounds of singing birds and the charm of tropical sights.

 

韩佳:泰牛,你的新娘子呢?

  Daniel, where is your bride?

 

大牛:新娘都被抢光了。

  All of them have been snatched by others.

  我泰牛没戏了。

  I have no hope.

 

韩佳:哟,看来你还是得回到森林里去好好锻炼锻炼。

  Gee, it seems you need to go back to the forest and work out really hard there.

 

大牛:你就别说风凉话了。

  Don't be sarcastic any more.

  赶紧给观众朋友们出今天的问题吧。

  Now set a question for our audience, okay?

 

韩佳:我是快乐的爱伲姑娘——佳佳。

  I am the Aini girl, Merry Jiajia.

 

大牛:我是您的好朋友——人猿泰牛。

  And I am your friend Ape-Man Daniel.

  韩佳:我们的口号是:

  Our slogan is-

  合: 学说中国话,朋友遍天下。

  Learn Chinese and make friends everywhere!

0

阅读 评论 收藏 禁止转载 喜欢 打印举报/Report
  • 评论加载中,请稍候...
发评论

    发评论

    以上网友发言只代表其个人观点,不代表新浪网的观点或立场。

      

    新浪BLOG意见反馈留言板 电话:4000520066 提示音后按1键(按当地市话标准计费) 欢迎批评指正

    新浪简介 | About Sina | 广告服务 | 联系我们 | 招聘信息 | 网站律师 | SINA English | 会员注册 | 产品答疑

    新浪公司 版权所有